NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-15-2018, 08:40 AM
C.hris Bl.and

Default Anyone here get em? M110 Cobb and Wagner

Seller just ended the listings - had some interesting bidding on them too...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TY-COBB-SPO...p2047675.l2557

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HANS-WAGNER...gAAOSwAGhagHhX

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 02-15-2018, 08:49 AM
pete ullman

r we sure they are real?
Old 02-15-2018, 08:55 AM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
r we sure they are real?
They looked real to me, but that certainly does not make it so...

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 02-15-2018, 09:02 AM
Dave_Berg

Wow!!!
Old 02-15-2018, 09:15 AM
Scott S

I was following them - stinks to see they ended. They looked real to me - too bad that auctions with gems like these (assuming they were legit) on eBay can't run through to conclusion!
Old 02-15-2018, 09:26 AM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Was watching, looked good to me.

Bet someone got a steal.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:33 AM
J0N PEDEℜSѺN

Looks like both had retracted bids of nearly $3,000 earlier today. Maybe the seller realized it was wrong to continue the auctions and will relist these later.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:36 AM
Joshua

Odd that whoops they did show the back. Looked real. Wow!!!

Good for the seller to end it. She needs to go to an auction house. Not eBay for rarities like that.

Last edited by joshuanip; 02-15-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:44 AM
Paul Herbener

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
I was following them - stinks to see they ended. They looked real to me - too bad that auctions with gems like these (assuming they were legit) on eBay can't run through to conclusion!
I agree! So many times I'm following stuff like this and the items disappear.
Someone probably did get a steal!!
Old 02-15-2018, 09:47 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicem View Post
Was watching, looked good to me.

Bet someone got a steal.
The odds went down just a little when this thread started .
Old 02-15-2018, 09:58 AM

Two days ago a Notre Dame football program set a world record price. It was in rough shape and sold for $14,000... on ebay.

A few weeks ago a Louis Sockalexis team postcard popped up on ebay in a weird category with no mention of the ballplayer and it sold for the same as a highly publicized example from REA.

High end stuff is going to get bids and sell well regardless of the venue. Sometimes on ebay it does better because of the exposure. If he wanted to end it to get it graded then it might have been a good move or relist it with better info, but I think it is incorrect to simply assume stuff sells better at auction houses. I buy things from the big boys every single month that are terribly written up, not researched and lost in the catalogs and sell for a fraction of their true value.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, but it is far from a foregone conclusion.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:12 AM
Jay Cee

I messaged the seller yesterday asking them, why both cabinets were not graded and then if they would garuntee it to grade. I looked at the sellers feedback and it was clear they have not done any eBay business involving baseball items. Looks like the seller knew comics. I hope they get graded and then relist to sell, and I hope they didnt take a low ball offer to end the listing as I could see each cabinet bringing in 5 figures on each.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:14 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
Two days ago a Notre Dame football program set a world record price. It was in rough shape and sold for $14,000... on ebay.

A few weeks ago a Louis Sockalexis team postcard popped up on ebay in a weird category with no mention of the ballplayer and it sold for the same as a highly publicized example from REA.

High end stuff is going to get bids and sell well regardless of the venue. Sometimes on ebay it does better because of the exposure. If he wanted to end it to get it graded then it might have been a good move or relist it with better info, but I think it is incorrect to simply assume stuff sells better at auction houses. I buy things from the big boys every single month that are terribly written up, not researched and lost in the catalogs and sell for a fraction of their true value.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, but it is far from a foregone conclusion.
Unfortunately that NrMint looking Louis Soxalexis card came back from SGC with a Authentic grade.

It would be nice if people would just let an auction run it's course. I can't figure out how a seller thinks a card will sell for more from an offer than just letting it run. My theory is if they will offer that much they will also bid that much.

I have had one of the "sellers" on here cancel my eBay bid to pull the item and sell it to another member on here for less than my bid.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:33 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Unfortunately that NrMint looking Louis Soxalexis card came back from SGC with a Authentic grade.

It would be nice if people would just let an auction run it's course. I can't figure out how a seller thinks a card will sell for more from an offer than just letting it run. My theory is if they will offer that much they will also bid that much.

I have had one of the "sellers" on here cancel my eBay bid to pull the item and sell it to another member on here for less than my bid.
I agree that if they will offer however much, then they will probably bid that too. But I can't really fault guys for asking when I have done the same thing. It's just a game and within ebay rules when done correctly.

We very well might see the M110s again. Who knows?

Last edited by Leon; 02-16-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:09 AM
Howard Chasser

Default I have done it....rarely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post

I have bought and sold on ebay for quite a while - I have sometimes tried to negotiate as a buyer an item to end early - sometimes trying to get a great "deal", sometimes just trying to avoid a bidding war that might send the item "higher" than the current market price. I have also been asked to do so as a seller - my general rule - If an item I list has a bid, I will not end it early. If it has no bid and believe I am familiar with the item and being offered at or more than I think the item would sell for, I accept the offer. If I am less or unfamiliar with the item, I usually let it run its course.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:54 AM
Mike Henry
Mi.ke Hen.ry

I contacted the seller and asked if he had ever submitted the cards for authentication and grading. He responded that he was ending the auction so he could get them graded.

I think this was a seller who wasn’t experienced in selling cards and was surprised to get so many questions about authenticity.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:30 AM
T0m P00n

My feelings are, if I can't get the seller to end the auction to me at my low ball price, I at least hope they end the auction and submit it to a TPA and realize it's full value down the road

Last edited by A2000; 02-17-2018 at 10:31 AM. Reason: accidentally quoted another post
Old 03-20-2018, 04:45 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

https://m.ebay.com/itm/1911-TY-COBB-...app-cvip-panel

https://m.ebay.com/itm/1911-HANS-WAG...app-cvip-panel

Thoughts on these after grading?