NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Kevin Andrews

Default What to do....? What to do...?

On March 24th I sold to raw E121-80's on Ebay that totaled less that $40 with shipping to a buyer who had, at the time, a rating of zero (0). Four days pass without a payment so I opened a case on both card so I could get my money back and have an unpaid item noted on his account. This morning he finally answer back to a message that I sent to him a week ago. He's apologetic and says his wife just passed away and he can't pay for the cards because he's got funeral expenses to pay for. He says he really would like to have these cards but I should sell them to someone else. (He did outbid someone else who I am planning to sell the cards to.) The funny thing about this whole situation is that I've been watching his bidding patterns for the last week and he's won cards daily, some for over a $100. Even this morning he won an auction for a Joe Montana rookie card at $65. It doesn't appear to me that he's grieving that much. I wonder if the Montana rookie card seller is going to get paid???
Old 04-01-2012, 02:20 PM
$cotty @.utin

A guy did the same thing to me with some sob story about a car wreck and couldn't pay for all the items he won. My second chance offers didn't go through and so I relist, guess who was my first bidder?

I'd block him and relist after your fees are refunded.

Vintage Army Football Collection
http://www.wix.com/armyautin/vintage-army-football
Old 04-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Steve Birmingham

Were the bids snipes or bid well before the end ?

I could see him also forgetting to cancel bids placed through one of the snipe services. That would probably wind down about now as the longest would be a 10 day auction.

Steve B
Old 04-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Dave

Please list his Ebay ID so his wife doesn't die again, right after anybody else sells him anything. A wife has only so many lives to spare.

It's the right thing to do.

As a matter of fact, everybody on Ebay needs to block him. I'm sure he has other relatives, and we don't want to contribute to the untimely demise of any of them.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:33 PM
D.B. Cooper

Please post his bidder ID.

http://imageevent.com/boboinnes/obaks
Old 04-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Kevin Andrews

Some multiple bids (on the 27th). Some snipes. Some "Buy it Now" purchases. His ID is jquintana76.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Frank Wakefield

4 days is beyond the 3 days that eBay used to say we had to complete transactions; still, maybe have a day or two more of patience. And then, let it go... quit ferreting out his transactions. The only injury that does harm is one that is remembered (not my saying, I think that idea antedates Christianity). Or, I'm wrong... stay on it, let it eat at you.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Banned

I once had a bidder who made a deal with me outside of ebay to buy a luis firpo boxing autograph. He wanted to buy it to be handed down to his son.

He wanted to reserve the autograph so no one else would buy it, so I asked him for 100 dollars out of about 350 dollars, which he sent to me. With the balance due in 2-3 weeks.

3-4 weeks go by and no balance, so I contact him.

He said his best buddy just died in a motorcycle accident, so he couldn't pay for a couple of more weeks he was so distraught and had a lot of things to do to help his friend's family, so I waited him out because I am not heartless and I took him for his word. I didn't ask for the death certificate.

Then a couple weeks later, he unfortunately and very coincidentally had a stroke, so he couldn't pay. His 'sister' communicated the details for him.

Like a family member would care and take time to message me if their sibling who is supposedly in the hospital with a stroke had an outstanding autograph bill.

I am sure that is high on their priority list for things to take care of when their brother is struggling for his life.

His 'sister' said that since he had a stroke, he couldn't pay as all his money and the family's money was going towards his care.

She then asked for the 100 dollars back. She really fought me over it demanding over and over again that I send back the 100 dollars.

Obviously it wasn't the sister, but was the guy who had a change of heart and wanted his 100 dollar deposit back, even though he would never admit it. He played the part of the 'sister' until the very end.

I told him no way I was giving back the 100 dollars. I had waited 6 weeks or longer and I was inconvenienced, and stroke or no stroke, I wasn't giving the 100 dollars back.

But if they wanted to send me the balance before I sold it to someone else, I would gladly send out the autograph to them.

The sister theatened to sue me. They live in Mass., I live in Minnesota. I said go ahead. I only got a few more emails telling me how horrible a person I am for stealing his 100 dollars and I then I didn't hear from the 'sister' again.

There are just some people out there who will do things like that.

Last edited by travrosty; 04-01-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:35 PM

If it were me, I would go ahead with the Non-Paying Bidder complaint against the guy. If he doesn't pay, he gets a strike against him. After this mess is over (most likely with him not paying), I would leave him Neutral Feed Back but say to other sellers to be aware of his BS non-paying tactics.

David