NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-07-2021, 09:25 AM
St.eve Sus.sman

Default Knickerbocker Photo, Pt. III

OK, gang. Here is an update on my stereoview photograph that I believe to be of the Knickerbocker Base Ball Club. First of all, the date has been confirmed to be from the late-1850s to early-1860s. That is the unanimous consensus of the photography experts to whom I've sent the images, but the most prominent has been the National Gallery of Art, Department of Photographs, in Washington, DC. I believe that entity to be the gold standard, and I am very satisfied that the date issue is resolved.

As for the IDs, after confirming the date and taking into account the opinions of people who have seen it and those on this board, I believe they are now set. The ages, hairlines, etc. fit perfectly. I did send it to the HOF as promised in the previous thread, and did hear back. They said that my images and the comparison images they have are not clear enough to make a definitive statement. So I am trying to figure out the best way to confirm the IDs. They are Edward Anthony, Doc Adams, William R. Wheaton, Fraley C Niebuhr, Charles S. De Bost, and Harry Wright.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 285.jpg (43.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 288.jpg (43.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 291.jpg (40.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 293.jpg (42.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 294.jpg (43.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 296.jpg (35.8 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by SteveS; 06-08-2022 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-07-2021, 10:01 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Very cool that you've been able to narrow down the date range for this. But the identity matches look less convincing than they were before. It looks like you've changed a few of them, no?
Old 11-07-2021, 10:17 PM
St.eve Sus.sman

Hey Snowman. With the nailing down of the date-range, it was also determined that the stereoview is original to that period and not made at a later date from a previous negative. Also, the orientation is as-is and not reversed. So that made it easier to make more definitive IDs and helped resolve some of the issues people raised in the previous thread, such as ages and hairlines. I'm not sure which of the comparisons you think are less convincing, but I can point out a bunch of matching unique features for each of them.