NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-30-2017, 09:21 AM
Dan Bretta

All that matters is mama got a sweet new counter top.

If I were to weigh the fault on a scale the seller here bears by far the most weight. No matter what Stephen paid he didn't get what he was expecting and a refund should have been issued without question. The guy admitted he can't take pictures worth a crap. Factor in the back and forth he had with Sean and that guy doesn't belong on this forum.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:41 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I'm not gonna rehash with you Steven the technicalities of "striking gold". You got a 1956 Mantle for $250. It's an iconic card, as long as it is real. The scan he showed had the card in pretty decent shape. You paid a PSA 2 price and got a raw card that will more than likely grade a PSA 2. Not the "trade up" you envisioned, but still a Mantle card......Like someone else said, it was a seller trying to take advantage and a buyer trying to take advantage. Bad combination, IMHO.

You are wrong bough. Taking advantage would be hey sweet mantle card. It's only worth 150 can I give you 100? I told him I wanted to buy it to make a few bucks. I was forthcoming and honest from the jump. He led me to believe it was in better condition than it was and that I would be able to make money on my 250 rather than 200. How was I looking to take advantage? I literally told him I was buying to resell. Holy smokes.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:46 AM
Peter Spaeth

Stephen -- the guy is banned. I think at this point you would be well served to move on and leave this alone.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:46 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Stephen, at some point, you gotta let it go. Let someone else have last word, even if they're dinging you with it. The deal is completed. The seller is off the board. Case closed.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:48 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Stephen, at some point, you gotta let it go. Let someone else have last word, even if they're dinging you with it. The deal is completed. The seller is off the board. Case closed.

You're right. Apologies.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:09 AM
Garth Guibord

N

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2017, 11:50 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuinness View Post
N
O?
Old 04-30-2017, 11:58 AM
Ryan Waggoner

It's fitting that I come in and make a comment after this issue is completely dead, but YOLO.

Stephen, it sucks when you feel you made a deal with good intentions, but the deal turned bad. Nobody wants to have to go through that, so I feel for you a bit because you went in with a lot of trust and that trust was taken advantage of.

That being said, you have to do a better job of getting all the information needed to make an accurate decision on whether or not what you purchase is going to allow you to flip it for a profit. The picture he supplied was terrible, and you should have asked for better pictures. Enough pictures to where you can tell 100% that the card is worth the money you're about to pay for it. If you can't get that then don't do the deal. Two, you can't just trust people's word on things. Even if he says he thinks it'd grade at a 3, that doesn't mean that's true. He never claimed to be an expert, so basically you trusted a guess and are upset that his guess wasn't accurate. Three, you can't come on here and do what you did, at least not in the time frame that you did it. You came on here before things had finalized and bad mouthed him. I don't like eBay very much, but one thing I do like about them is that if you buy a card and it's not what was advertised then you have to go through a process to get a refund. I believe that process takes at least a couple of weeks. You got the card, messaged him, and shortly thereafter posted this thread in order to get Net54 to guilt him into giving you a refund. If you had waited at least a couple of weeks, and done everything you could do in order to get a refund, and then came here after the issue was completed, in order to out a bad seller who refused to give you a refund, despite your best efforts, you'd have garnered more sympathy to your plight. As it stands now, you've hurt your reputation by jumping the gun and putting the seller on blast before the situation came to a complete conclusion.

In the end, I think you felt a bit betrayed and you did what you did in an attempt to make things right, but you went about it all wrong. In the future, get better pics, don't take the sellers word for anything, pay using a CC, and if you ever have an issue with another seller, PM Leon or a member you can trust and run the situation by them before taking it to the board.

I wish you the best of luck on your goal of getting the Mantle.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:13 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
You are wrong bough. Taking advantage would be hey sweet mantle card. It's only worth 150 can I give you 100? I told him I wanted to buy it to make a few bucks. I was forthcoming and honest from the jump. He led me to believe it was in better condition than it was and that I would be able to make money on my 250 rather than 200. How was I looking to take advantage? I literally told him I was buying to resell. Holy smokes.
It going to be really hard to find someone selling 1 card to you for you to make 50 bucks on a 200 dollar card. That same person would likely try to sell the card for 225 dollars

When a card is raw there is always risk. You could in the future have the card graded and if it came back a 2, he could agree to give you 25 bucks or whatever. Some sellers may agree to this so they dont have to send the card off to be graded. I have done this type of deal with T206 cards where i received a credit or i paid extra depending how a raw card graded.

The buying to resell makes the most sense what you buy several cards and are willing to do the sweat equity to make money off of them imo..
Old 04-30-2017, 04:23 PM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
It going to be really hard to find someone selling 1 card to you for you to make 50 bucks on a 200 dollar card. That same person would likely try to sell the card for 225 dollars

When a card is raw there is always risk. You could in the future have the card graded and if it came back a 2, he could agree to give you 25 bucks or whatever. Some sellers may agree to this so they dont have to send the card off to be graded. I have done this type of deal with T206 cards where i received a credit or i paid extra depending how a raw card graded.

The buying to resell makes the most sense what you buy several cards and are willing to do the sweat equity to make money off of them imo..
I agree, vintage lots can be a good way to make some capital if your goal is to make money to eventually either get a more expensive card to flip, or to pay for the card you want.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:26 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Stephen -- the guy is banned. I think at this point you would be well served to move on and leave this alone.
Can I please get an Amen?????
Old 04-30-2017, 04:42 PM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
Can I please get an Amen?????
Yes, let's please let this thread die.