NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-23-2002, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Default Interesting Find

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy 

I happened upon a local card show in Foxboro, MA earlier today, and curiousity got the best of me, so I paid the $1.00 admission, and went in with few expectations. Only a few dealers had any vintage material. However, one gentleman, who also happens to also live on the Cape, did have a nice assortment of S74s, T205s, a single T204, and also several piles of T206s. I quickly snatched up a mint S74 of Johnny Kling, and then I saw the bottom a T206 of Chief Myers (sic) batting sticking out from the bottom of a pile.

In this dark Holiday Inn banquet room, I thought at first that the card might have a dirty border....so I requested if I could have a closer look at the card.

After tilting it a few times to make the best of the real poor lighting situation, I realized that this Ex condition T206 not only had two very faint "gray" colored ghost images, which carried over from the borders to the body of the card, but also a faint red "reverse" image of it's Sweet Caporal back, which was higher than the printing on the back.

The ghost image on the right is Chief Meyers with his profile ending dead center in the right border, however, I'm not sure of whom the player is on the left border. But for $30.00 dollars, I think it's an interesting item for my type collection!

Old 09-24-2002, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Default Interesting Find

Posted By: warshawlaw

At a local show, where I went through a big stack of T206 cards (basically mining for those Factory 42 Piedmonts). I found a really sharp ghost on the reverse of a card, got it cheap, and flipped it for ten times what I paid, virtually overnight. I make a lot more working, but that sort of thing is so much more fun to do.

Old 09-27-2002, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Default Interesting Find

Posted By: James Verrill

Patrick,

You didn't post an email address. Can you email me? I had a quick question for you (I am also in Mass)

Thanks!

James

james.verrill@tufts.edu

Old 09-27-2002, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Default Interesting Find

Posted By: Jared Lester

From nashua, no cards here though, so i am forced to use ebay/beckett and stuff. I know the guy you bought the Ghost card from, he is areal nice guy!

Old 09-27-2002, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Default Interesting Find

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Adam
Don't you live in Ca? I didn't know shows in CA had cards older than 1990, what a shock. A whole stack of T206's in LA, COOL. Did you find any Factory 42's?
I'm always buying them in good old NC . later brian