NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Default Does SGC's population report..........

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

include the bone head Merkle first generation holders??

Old 04-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Marc S.

yes

Old 04-05-2005, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

Is there any way to broaden the SGC population report to cover all T206 cards? As I understand the population report now, it narrows the field by back and/or year. So, I have the best 1910 Piedmont Bugs Raymond (SGC 70), but how can you tell if someone has an SGC 80 1909 Sweet Caporal Raymond?

Old 04-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I have never figured out how to get a complete T206 pop report if anyone does please let me know. I have asked them in the past about this and alphabetizing the T202 by center panel but have had no luck yet.

Lee

Old 04-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike P.

I was told by Sean(I think)that they are in the process of updating the new version of the population reports and it should be live in a couple months. I didn't get specifics though. I do know that they will address the issue of firefox browsers not working with it.

Old 04-05-2005, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marc S.

You can use SGC's Population report to search by player - which shoudl consolidate for any particular T-206 card you are interested in - in your example, Raymond.

Old 04-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

This is good to know as Firefox is my browser of choice. I was surprised when Cnet.com did a survey and over 80% of all people that answered said they use Firefox on a regualr basis. Granted, that survey is a computer geeks and net savvy people, but this a great browser that you can downlaod at Cnet.com or Mozilla.com

Hopefully this means they are cleaning up thier search function so that you don't need to know the year of the sets anymore.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 04-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

....my Raymond still reigns supreme, even against the polar bears and sweet caporals. The cool thing is I got it within a bunch of cards listed as good-vg in a lot on ebay. When I got it, I was sure there was some hidden flaw, but I couldn't find one. Neither could SGC, apparently.....

Old 04-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

Jay,

Firefox is also my browser of choice, but I am unable get the SGC pop report to work with it. Are you? If so, tell me if I need to change some settings or something.

Thanks,

-Ryan

Old 04-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Forrest

Old 04-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Administrator

I have to use IE for SGC. The only reason I use IE is for the occasional site like SGC that will only work with IE. And I don't even waste my time with outlook express. You are better leaving your house unlocked than using it for your mail read. Use anything else. And I mean anything. It will have better security.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 04-06-2005, 07:51 AM
Administrator

If anyone else has questions about Firefox or IE, send via email and I'll be glad to respond.

Old 04-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

Trend Micro instead of Norton. Does that count?

Old 04-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Between Norton and the Microsoft Beta anti-spyware, I'm covered and haven't looked further. I just regret letting things lapse so long and getting "infested".

Given the inability to re-install IE or Outlook Express, and the failure of the Mozilla (Firefox) faction to adequately address their "missing components", I've decided to go to a Mac - it's arriving in a few weeks. Has anyone else gone this route?

Old 04-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Administrator

I bought my first Apple in 1982 and didn't switch to the dark side until 1998. I'm not totally fluent in mac anymore, but still know the basics. I always loved my Apple's but when PCs finally started catching up to them in the graphics area and the fact that Everquest was only going to be on PC, I made the switch. I did the love the fact that almost no viruses are written for much, so you can litterally run your computer without a firewall and fear nothing. I never did anyway.

With Macs you will find that customizing your OS and fixing it yourself is much, much easier than with a PC.

I downlaoded the MS beta spyware program. I detest anything MS, but this is a really good program. I ran Spybot and and another spyware program before I ran MS and MS was able to find 4 spyware programs that those 2 missed. When it comes to internet security, redundancy doesn't hurt.

Jay

Old 04-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

In addition to hardware fire wall (two, actually, a wireless ISP connection followed by Netgear router) software firewall - MacAfee, and Norton AV, I use several anti-spyware programs. Microsoft doesn't find much, but will notify me if any program is attempting to write to the startup section of the registry. I can then block it. I also use SpyBot Search and Destroy and it's immunize function that will block most spyware programs while looking OK to the other end. I also use AdAware, which is similar to Spybot. All I ever find now are tracking cookies which are considered low risk. The most common one is double click, which is used by ebay. I've actually blocked checking this and let it be.

One other program I like is Ashampoo suite. It has a startup tuner that shows a list of all programs that will run at startup and what folder they are in, such as startup folders (All Users and Current User) Run elements, and the ini files. Any file can be turned off here with a single click.

I have also completely removed Real Player from my machine; it has characteristics much like the worst virus I've ever had: always running at boot, adding an icon to the task tray, hitting the web often, blasting me with ads, and re-asssigning program associations with media files.

All of the listed programs are free, or at least have free versions.

I haven't tried Firefox but will soon.

Back to SGC, this has gotten really OT.