NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Bill Gregory

Default Do you save baseball shows/movies on your DVR?

I am passionate about baseball, and our hobby. I have a deep appreciation for the history of the game, and a seemingly endless thirst for knowledge. I never grow tired of watching anything to do with the game; I've probably watched Ken Burns' Baseball about ten times now.

As I was looking through the things I have saved on my DVR tonight, I began to wonder if any of my fellow forum members saved baseball movies, tv shows and specials like I do. I find the DVR to be invaluable, as my back makes it difficult to get out of bed much of time. So, while I may have a lot of the same movies on DVD or Blu Ray, the convenience of clicking a few buttons on my remote is a Godsend.

Here's what I have right now:

Ted Williams (HBO special)
Cobb
Chasing 3,000 (a movie about two brothers that travel around the country to ensure they see Roberto Clemente's 3,000th hit)
Moneyball
The Natural
Mantle (HBO special)
Eight Men Out
Hank Aaron: Brave Hero
The Jackie Robinson Story
The Curious Case of Curt Flood (HBO special)

I also save some football:

NFL Replay: Super Bowl XLV
Lombardi (HBO Special)
NFL Network's Top Ten: Top Ten Green Bay Packers
Namath (HBO Special)

What have you guys saved?

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 04-09-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Brandon

Eastbound and Down!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:12 AM
Bill Gregory

Brandon, your reply is rockin' my nuts off!

I am so happy there's going to be a 4th season. I thought that was it.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:01 AM
Jay Shelton

Don't have a DVR (I'm old school; don't have cable or satellite, either), but I have the following that I've purchased from the Playstation Store and have on my PS3 hard drive:

3 episodes: Golden Age of Baseball
1975 World Series, Game 6
1984 NL Championship Series, Game 5
Old 04-10-2013, 09:17 AM
J@$0n.Chri$$i$

Currently I have these two saved:

Remembering Roberto Clemente (was on ESPN a couple weeks ago).

Jews and Baseball: An American Love Story (Narrated by Dustin Hoffman. Highly recommend if you've never seen it).

- Jason
Old 04-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Mike Dugan

I may be the all-time baseball film geek. I currently have just over 800 baseball videos and or DVDs.

In the group are films on history, biographies, yearly highlights, etc... About 80 of those films are movies, can't wait to purchase 42 when available. I started on this back in the mid-80s when the videos were making their debuts as mass merchandise pieces. During that period most of the MLB teams made films on their history sold by Scotch Tapes through MLB.

I then discovered that MLB Productions had a catalog of past films for sale dating to the 1960s. Many of these were in plain red or blue plastic cases and are fairly tough to find today.

Now I search the net looking for minor league and regional issues. Many times local PBS stations do films on baseball in their area and sell the DVDs. Same thing each year when the Baseball Hall of Fame has their annual film festival, I search out the film makers and ask to buy copies if they are not a commercial venture.

Sadly, I have more football films than I do baseball!

By the way the best buy of this year is the DVD of the first season of THIS WEEK IN BASEBALL available on Amazon, also MLB's production of "162" following all the critical games on the final day of the 2011 season.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:40 PM

I do. elsa jannsen is useless (she said "all baseball players are good for nothing". Ludwig Stossel, her husband, is ok.