NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-14-2011, 02:39 PM

Default 1887 Kalamazoo N690 #26 grading eligable question...Help Im new to this

Can anyone help me out with some answers about the SGC grading requirments? Here is the question I have...I own an 1887 Kalamazoo N690 #26 Capt. IRWIN and MAUL. Phila card. The back of card has the advertisement for PRIZES if the cards are returned. My card, on the picture front, seems to have the back of the card advertisement imprinted on it. I dont know if it was printed in error that way and thats how it came or if another card was on top of my card and the print from the back of the top card came off on it, or maybe the card was returned for a prize and they stamped the card front to validate it? This card was my great grandfathers, and unfortunatly he passed before I was born so trying to find out how it happened, is impossible. My question is...is it worth sending to get SGC graded of does this make my card a rejected card and not worth grading? I have attached a front and back picture of the card (the imprint on the front of the card looks much darker in the picture then it actually is on the card) If anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you much
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1887 Kalamazoo card back.jpg (62.0 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg 1887 Kalamazoo card front 1.jpg (62.1 KB, 163 views)
Old 03-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Dave Fa*st

They will grade it. It'll be a lower grade to begin with...but they will grade it with the imprint left on the front.

Doesn't sound like you're wanting to sell it (if you were it would be advisable to get graded anyway being it's a high dollar card), but even to just keep it in the family you'll be better off with the protection the slab around it will provide.

Nice card by the way.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Jeremy W.

Just from the layout of the print on the front of the card you can tell that it is a transfer of the ink from the back of another card & not a redemption stamp. Very nice card & something I haven't seen on a N690 before.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:56 PM

Default Dave, Thank you for the info-I am interested in selling it

I am glad that you answered my question about it being able to be graded. I am interested in selling it. How would I go about finding out what it is worth to sell?
Old 03-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Dave Fa*st

First thing I would do if you're interested in selling is get it graded.

Shoot me a message if you need help. I don't mind helping out. It's out of my league as far as buying...but once graded you can always go the route of an auction house (do your homework on them first), or try a private sale here on the board...you may be able to sell it a bit cheaper that way (since you're going to lose some fees to an auction house).
Old 03-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Barry Sloate

I've never seen a Kalamazoo Bats like that either. While the ink transfer is certainly interesting, it is of course detrimental to the card. Very nice that it's been kept in the family for so long.

Tags
1887 kalamazoo, irwin and maul, n690, sgc