NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 02-15-2019, 08:26 AM

Default Detroit Tigers Baseball Autographs?

[IMG] [/IMG]

Hello All!

We were hoping with some assistance with this baseball, after some research on our end, it is believed to be possibly 2005-2006 Detroit Tigers signed, but was hoping for a review from a person with a little more expertise to see if we should send in for authentication, would be a minimum of $150, so we just wanted opinions prior?

Based on comparison of the career dates of the signatures I was able to make out, Jamie Walker was only on the team to 2006, Kenny Rogers, Placido Polanco and Justin Verlander were not signed until 2005, so I was able to narrow down a '05-'06 time frame!

Ability to make out the Kenny Rogers signature who signed with (Detroit Career: 2005-2008).

Appears to be a Jeremy Bonderman signature (Detroit Career: 2003-2010, 2013, however Kenny Rogers was not apart of the team in '13).

Mike Maroth (Detroit Career: 2002-2007; only M. M. initials from 2005 I could find).

Jamie Walker, appears to be on the ball, as well. (Detroit Career: 2002-2006)

D.T.D Y - signature matches 2005 Dmitri Young card I was able to locate on eBay. (Detroit Career: 2002-2006)

Placido E. Polanco signature matches a Phillies card signature I was able to locate, as well, appears following he no longer uses the "E." (Detroit Career 2005-2009)

CK M - Craig Monroe, signature matches a 2005 signature where he connects the "C" to the "K" (Detroit Career: 2002-2007)

And pretty sure the J V is Justin Verlander - matches his 2005 signature based on what I was able to research, signed with us in 2005 (Detroit Career: 2005-2017), possible rookie signature?

About 21 signatures (if I counted right!) and this was some of the info I was able to gather (just on review myself), hoping someone may be able to confirm if I am accurate or any additional details?

Thanks so much for your time and any assistance offered is so much appreciated!

Renee & Chris
Infinite Force
infiniteforcellc.com
Old 02-15-2019, 08:32 AM
J Stone

What you have is a souvenir pre-printed ball sold at the souvenir stands at the ballpark. Value if any as a souvenir is about $10-20. Maybe others can figure out the year but your estimate of the mid 00s seems in the right era.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:50 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

Absolutely - facsimile baseball. Probably worth about $5.

If it was real it would not be worth the fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseDog View Post
What you have is a souvenir pre-printed ball sold at the souvenir stands at the ballpark. Value if any as a souvenir is about $10-20. Maybe others can figure out the year but your estimate of the mid 00s seems in the right era.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:00 PM
Curt

I guess if you really are not looking at or thinking about things like preprinted signatures on a ball all the time, then I guess I could see how it might be possible to miss it. However, it still puzzles me to see so many of these types of balls listed on eBay as if they were real hand signed autographs. I used to take the time to advise the people selling those that caught my eye (usually Dodger balls), and most seemed genuinely uninformed, but I would get a gem every couple of times that would be insulting, try to tell me a story to back up the item was real or just act crazy when I told them their valuable signed ball was a mass produced and fairly inexpensive stadium souvenir.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:36 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

There was one of these on here a few days ago - Old Mets Signatures. When the first response informed the op they followed up with the comment - definitely live ink. There are a lot of people who don’t know - or want to believe otherwise.

I have people walk in with stuff like this all the time. They come in with a story about how it was passed down and hand it to me with that look like it’s the winning lottery ticket. I had a guy walk in last year with the Babe Ruth 100th anniversary baseball with sweet spot signature. I had to show him the side of the ball with the date and explain that Babe died 5 decades earlier and then show him the 3 that I had in the $5 bin.
I just feel bad for the op. They obviously put a couple hours of work and research into this ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
I guess if you really are not looking at or thinking about things like preprinted signatures on a ball all the time, then I guess I could see how it might be possible to miss it. However, it still puzzles me to see so many of these types of balls listed on eBay as if they were real hand signed autographs. I used to take the time to advise the people selling those that caught my eye (usually Dodger balls), and most seemed genuinely uninformed, but I would get a gem every couple of times that would be insulting, try to tell me a story to back up the item was real or just act crazy when I told them their valuable signed ball was a mass produced and fairly inexpensive stadium souvenir.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:00 AM
Christopher Williams

I posted a thread on this subject awhile back.

I see it all of the time on EBay where sellers are convinced (delusional) that the signatures are live ink.

https://live.autographmagazine.com/f...aseball-with-f

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 02-16-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Tags
autographed baseball, baseball, detroit tigers