NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-06-2016, 10:24 AM
pete ullman

Default Newfound enjoyment of this site!

I just discovered the block/ignore feature on this site(thanks quan for the suggestion) and I must say I feel happier already!

Might I suggest to anyone on here if there is another member who really irks you...just block/ignore them and you'll feel better immediately!

And please...if I bug you...just ignore me...you'll be much happier and your blood pressure will thank you for it!
Old 09-06-2016, 10:34 AM
Ben North

Yes it works great unless someone quotes their post then you have to see it anyway.

Now if someone would quote this so Pete can read it.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:52 AM
pete ullman

Nice ben!
Old 09-06-2016, 03:02 PM
Eric
Eric

Default Pete

I guess we will find out who the anti-dentures are Pete! Or I guess we won't even know! Ignorance is bliss. All of a sudden certain threads may not be so clogged!
Old 09-06-2016, 03:36 PM
ThreadKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
I just discovered the block/ignore feature on this site(thanks quan for the suggestion) and I must say I feel happier already!

Might I suggest to anyone on here if there is another member who really irks you...just block/ignore them and you'll feel better immediately!

And please...if I bug you...just ignore me...you'll be much happier and your blood pressure will thank you for it!
Pete:

over the years I've personally learned a lot from you and your knowledgeable posts, and with that particular disclaimer, while I otherwise respect your decisions/opinions, "ignoring" is kinda like sticking a finger in your ears and saying "lalalalala", rather than simply electing to NOT respond to things that may pi$$ you off...again, while I respect your stance and your decision to do whatever you deem necessary, starting a (potentially sh!t-stirring) thread extolling the perceived "value" of a particular function that's been available forf**kingever on Net54, contributes very little to the overall positive nature of topics available here...

again, NOT intending to motherf*ck you personally in any way, but - especially recently - I've noticed a more negative overall tone in too many cases that is turning this once semi-civilized (compared to the competition) board into a less-than-desirable forum that's dependent on positive contributions.

I'm comparatively a piss-ant as far as knowledge and overall contributions to N54, but it seems to me as if there's - and not trying to single you out individually - a larger segment of posters w/personal vendettas vs. actual swapping of constructive knowledge - polluting a once-friendly environment...

to paraphrase "Exhibitman" (Adam) - "...it's just baseball cards dammit, IT'S JUST BASEBALL CARDS!..."

JMO, and looking forward to your vast knowledge in future post/thread context rather than your - or anybody else - airing potentially inflammatory bullsh!t directed at any real (or imagined) personal nemesis.

happy collecting!

DS
Old 09-06-2016, 03:46 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourStrikes View Post
Pete:

over the years I've personally learned a lot from you and your knowledgeable posts, and with that particular disclaimer, while I otherwise respect your decisions/opinions, "ignoring" is kinda like sticking a finger in your ears and saying "lalalalala", rather than simply electing to NOT respond to things that may pi$$ you off...again, while I respect your stance and your decision to do whatever you deem necessary, starting a (potentially sh!t-stirring) thread extolling the perceived "value" of a particular function that's been available forf**kingever on Net54, contributes very little to the overall positive nature of topics available here...

again, NOT intending to motherf*ck you personally in any way, but - especially recently - I've noticed a more negative overall tone in too many cases that is turning this once semi-civilized (compared to the competition) board into a less-than-desirable forum that's dependent on positive contributions.

I'm comparatively a piss-ant as far as knowledge and overall contributions to N54, but it seems to me as if there's - and not trying to single you out individually - a larger segment of posters w/personal vendettas vs. actual swapping of constructive knowledge - polluting a once-friendly environment...

to paraphrase "Exhibitman" (Adam) - "...it's just baseball cards dammit, IT'S JUST BASEBALL CARDS!..."

JMO, and looking forward to your vast knowledge in future post/thread context rather than your - or anybody else - airing potentially inflammatory bullsh!t directed at any real (or imagined) personal nemesis.

happy collecting!

DS
ya...you're probably right...apparently I'm drawn to drama and BS as i couldnt keep that member blocked for long...I was too curious what nonsense he/she was spewing!

I've been in hospitals for 10 days straight now dealing with my dads declining health and it's getting to me.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:11 PM
ThreadKiller

Quote:
ya...you're probably right...apparently I'm drawn to drama and BS as i couldnt keep that member blocked for long...I was too curious what nonsense he/she was spewing!

I've been in hospitals for 10 days straight now dealing with my dads declining health and it's getting to me.
Pete:

like I said, NOTHING personal intended, as stated: just an overall N54 observation on my part!

as for your dad's health - I hear you 1000% - (again - as stated in a prior/separate thread: is 1000% even possible???) - my father was in ICU for 33 straight days back in mid-2010 - and despite what I perceived as all of my other real-life sh!t going on - I was there (sometimes 2-3 times per day, and DEFINITELY whenever he needed/asked for me to be, disregarding my schedule - he passed away in October of that year, outliving expectations by 6+ months, BTW) and our - mine, yours and everybody's - priorities are *exactly* where they are/were - and SHOULD - belong...best wishes for a positive outcome/longevity to you and your family - real life can be a MOFO, and not always fair, but...if nothing else - at the time and continuing even more-so today, perspective is EVERYTHING, which is why I personally pick the battles worthy of my angst/time

peace.

DS
Old 09-06-2016, 07:02 PM

Good luck with your dad.

I've not noticed a significant increase in negativity recently, but then again I've not done any sort of analysis.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Dave_Berg

Sorry Pete, hang in there.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:40 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Peter - sorry to hear about your father. All you can do is all you can do.

Hang in there.

-Raymond

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 09-06-2016, 08:12 PM
pete ullman

thanks guys...every day I go to the hospital prepared for it to be my dads last...he's a fighter...but it's not good.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Eric
Eric

Default Dad

Quote:
thanks guys...every day I go to the hospital prepared for it to be my dads last...he's a fighter...but it's not good.

I can't imagine Pete. You will be in my family's prayers
Eric
Old 09-07-2016, 05:23 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark evans View Post
Good luck with your dad.

I've not noticed a significant increase in negativity recently, but then again I've not done any sort of analysis.
agree - lol seems all has been the same since i joined anyway
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:24 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
sry to hear about your dad, i hope for the best
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:08 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your dad, Pete. Thoughts and prayers your way......Your priorities are good.,.,.. family first....
Old 09-07-2016, 06:14 AM
Daryl

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad, Pete, and will be praying for him.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:33 AM

Pete, I am very sorry about your Dad. Glad to hear you're able to be with him each day--so important for both of you. Holding his hand, telling him how much you love him, recalling to him special times you two bonded and just things that meant something to you that you did together, and all the things he did for you that come back to your mind.

I say this not as a "know it all"; rather, as what I wish I could have done had I had the chance. My Dad lost his life in an accident when I was a young teen. My Mother lay in a hospital dying from a systemic blood disease two thousand miles away, and I could not go down to be with her. Fortunately, I wrote all those thank-yous in a card to her a year or two before she passed away. I found it among her keepsakes when my family and I went through her things.

I truly apologize to you, sir, if I was one of the ones you did not wish to hear. I know we've had differences of opinion. Life is hard, all the way around. May God carry you both during this difficult time. ---Brian Powell
Old 09-07-2016, 12:35 PM
pete ullman

i appreciate the sentiments...and those who have reached out to me...I REALLY do...this is excrutiating!

the yankee game last night almost killed him...he had to turn it off!
Old 09-07-2016, 06:00 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Pete, my dad is getting older...75. One of my greatest fears is what you are living through. Prayers to you and your family.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:49 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Prayers to you and your family my friend. Sending good vibes
Old 09-07-2016, 10:00 PM
Rob

Nobody here "bothers" me.

Then again, I think there are less "bothersome" people on the memorabilia side
Old 09-09-2016, 08:46 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Family first. Looks like a lot was going on in your mind when you made this thread and then we later learned about your fathers declined health when you brought it up. I dont take health for granted and we dont always know whats going on in other peoples lives. Regards to your family..
Old 09-09-2016, 10:50 PM

Mr. Ullman ~ Pete & the Net54 Gang,

1st off...
RiGHT at this time, I would just like ta say How "Deeply Sorry" I am...
Life is So Precious & THiS iS One of Those Stages
That We Truly Understand Why!
Pete, I can tell that You Really Love Your Pops!

I do Hope that You won't mind...
But I would Really Like ta Pray fir You & Yours!?
Having Lost my Parents at a Young age
& then having almost dying a few time myself...

Yep I'm one of them, I Pray!
I have found myself WeepiN my tears
Inta belly laughs many times ovar my Da's Charactor...
He was... & Will Always Be, a LoviN, Irish Tale TelliN Fellar...

"Thank You fir LoviN & BeiN There Fir'em...
A Good Son's Nevar Firgets The fir Love Their Dad!"

As Always my Friends...
Old 09-09-2016, 11:01 PM

Ohh Yeah...

Just iN Case Pete(& others?) has(have) me Block'd...
Would Someone mind "Quoting me",

Just So Pete(& the possible others!?) can See...
That I'm really not that bad of a Lad!

Fir Years Now, You Guyz & Galz...
Have Always made me Feel at Home!

Weather You Listen ta me or Not...
Old 09-09-2016, 11:39 PM
Larry

Quote:

Very sorry to hear about your father, Pete. Mine just died July 25, only a couple months shy of his 101st birthday--I guess I somehow just didn't realize I would miss him so much. I will pray for you and yours!

Highest regards, Larry

Last edited by ls7plus; 09-09-2016 at 11:39 PM.