NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Default ebay seller - great_lakes_auction_house

Posted By: Rob

anyone have any dealings with them? they seem to sell VERY high quality raw cards, and as I have an untrained eye I'm just wondering if someone with "authenticity" experience could vouch for them. sorry if this is the wrong forum to be posting in, and thanks for any info!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZgreat_lakes_auction_houseQQhtZ-1

Rob

Old 03-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JK

They are fine and will accept a return on any card if you are not satisfied.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MikeU

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=great_lakes_auction_house&Dirn=Received+by

Old 03-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

like the moron who left Neutral feedback before he had paid and even before he had received the item. There are some sad souls in this world.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

Luckily for you though Steve most of the morons happen to be on the same interstate as I am every morning heading into Atlanta.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: George Dreher

I noticed those cards, including the Clark Griffith the other day. I must be imagining things....for a minute there I thought somebody had posted a link to every live auction that seller has going on eBay.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dylan

He does sell a lot of sharp 1950's and '60s cards. I'd like to hear back from anyone who's submitted some of the higher dollar raw cards he's sold and see what they came back graded as.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff

...........on an occasion or two. A stand up seller who can be counted on, but certainly one who works hard to make sure his cards looks far better on ebay than in real life. If a card is described as NM or NM-MT, its sure to grade EX-MT, unless truly is NM but is off-center. If he gave a card a grade, it's sure to grade one full grade less if sent to a grading company.

Still, let me be clear, nice looking cards, just not as nice and bright as shown on ebay. And he is willing to refund without argument too. The issue is that when his cards look NM, they generally sell for a graded NM price or higher, as folks are hoping to get a NM-MT card...his cards go for high $....problem is that it doesn't really work out that way.
Then again, if his cards keep selling for so much, maybe someone out there is getting better luck than I had with my few.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

Have one experience. Bought card and it was trimmed. Refund but took quite awhile.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

The seller is very reliable (doesn't take Paypal, if I remember), but the auction descriptions are very dense. Every flaw is disclosed, but you've got to be careful because it's tough to find the flaw in the description.

The listing might be like "T206 Honus Wagner NEAR MINT +++++++ w/wr"

And then the description will be glowing about how beautiful the card is, and then buried in the superlatives you'll find out what "w/wr" means: writing on the card.

But if you read the descriptions carefully, every flaw is disclosed. I've gotten some gorgeous raw cards from this seller - particularly postwar cards.

-Al

Old 03-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob

Just wanted to thank everyone for their replies.

I guess what I've learned (from various sources) is that visually-pleasing graded cards bought by "someone" on ebay often re-appear in ebay auctions in raw form and there is speculation that this is whats happening.

So generally speaking, the cards are likely authentic, but there could exist a tiny flaw in some cards that dont' pop out in the scans, but are usually mentioned in the listing description.

thanks again everyone,
Rob