NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-21-2014, 09:15 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Our Chat Room S/W is Ready for REA Closing night :)

A friendly reminder that our chat room software is working fine and ready for this coming Saturday night / Sunday morning REA auction ending. Last year we had around 15-20 folks. Hopefully there will be even more this year. If you haven't been in there for an REA ending, I can tell you from past experiences, it is a lot of fun. Thanks again to Anthony N. for getting it done for us!!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:16 AM

Leon, when I click it - it brings up a username login and my net54 handle does not work.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:21 AM
Mark Fox

I just realized my township's annual spring bar crawl fund raiser is this Saturday. That could be bad news for my unsuspecting check book.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:37 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
Leon, when I click it - it brings up a username login and my net54 handle does not work.
I believe you have to re-register somehow? When I first got in with this new s/w I don't remember what I had to do. We'll get it all figured out and make sure all members who want to have a lot of fun in there can actually get in ....About 2 AM we start the cussing of "recent bids" .......wanting it to close already...
Old 04-21-2014, 11:29 AM
Robert Williams

Don't worry gents....I will be there......let the games begin!
Old 04-24-2014, 10:27 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

If anyone has trouble getting into the chat room, that is a registered member, remember you do have to sign up and I think using your same board credentials should work. Anyone having issues can PM me or post in this thread (preferable) and we'll get some help for you..... I hope you guys are looking forward to it as much as I am....Should be a lot of fun again..
Old 04-24-2014, 10:35 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Hey Leon, just wondering if there is a workaround for using the chatroom with a mobile device. I was able to get in fine with a desktop but had no such luck with my ipad (preferred).

DJ
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 04-24-2014, 10:41 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
Hey Leon, just wondering if there is a workaround for using the chatroom with a mobile device. I was able to get in fine with a desktop but had no such luck with my ipad (preferred).

DJ
Hey DJ
No idea on that one. I think it is a java based s/w and mobile might not handle that very well. One of our members, Anthony N, set it up so maybe he will chime in.....but sorry I can't answer the question specifically.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:02 PM
Alex

Download puffin web browser for your iPad.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:50 PM
John Wondowski

Is there a chat primer from soup to nuts? I don't even know where to click!
Old 04-24-2014, 03:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondo View Post
Is there a chat primer from soup to nuts? I don't even know where to click!
LMK
scroll up from right here and in a dark blue line, in white letters, it says "New Chat!" ...click there and you should be off and running to be able to register for it.......actually that is a good question. LMK if there are any more questions or issues getting in. Again, better to post here as others might have the same question...thanks
Old 04-25-2014, 02:43 PM
John Wondowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
LMK
scroll up from right here and in a dark blue line, in white letters, it says "New Chat!" ...click there and you should be off and running to be able to register for it.......actually that is a good question. LMK if there are any more questions or issues getting in. Again, better to post here as others might have the same question...thanks
Thanks! My small brain got confused 'cause when I clicked there I got no sign in or nuthin' - it was blank ('cause no one was chatting, of course).
Old 04-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Anthøny N. ex

Sorry, missed this earlier.

The chat module requires activation of java. Ipads, iphones, etc won't work, unless the workaround mentioned above does the trick.

If you are on Firefox the default is to disable Java. You have to enable it (the chat module should walk you thru that) or you can just switch to Safari or Chrome and it should be fine.

You do have to reregister for the chatroom but it's set up to be automated, it will verify your email and you're good to go without Leon having to approve it.

Leon, I forwarded you all my files so you should have everything. Call my cell if you need help.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:13 AM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Hey guys,

I wanted to mention a couple neat features the chatroom has that Anthony was kind enough to set up for us -

This chat applet will give us the same flexibility that our original chatroom did from a couple years ago. So you'll have the ability to message people privately, create seperate chat rooms altogether, adjust your viewing settings and all that good stuff.

Sending a private message is especially nice. If you click on a user's name from the list on the right, a seperate window opens up altogether. I like that a lot because, whereas before, a private message still appeared in the same scrolling window with all the other messages. So it was difficult to see, and you always kind of worried in the back of your mind if others could see your messages. This gives you a seperate window which I really appreciate and allows you to keep better track of those conversations.

Another nice thing is you can tell who's in the Chatroom already just by clicking on the "Who's Chatting" link next to the "NEW Chat!" link. A small window will open up that simply lists who all is inside. So if you clicked that link right now you should see my name listed there.

Looking forward to the chat tonight. I wish we had more of these scheduled than just one per year. Makes me want to start scheduling them at the end of other important auctions or on a random Saturday night throughout the month or something like that...heh
Old 04-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Dan Bretta

Won't let me register...keeps telling me that it sent me a verification code in my email, but I'm getting nothing in my email, it's not in my spam folder either.

edited to add: finally sent me a verification code...22 minutes after it said it sent one to me.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 04-26-2014 at 03:11 PM.