NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-23-2014, 12:53 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Arrived today...it's a bit pixelated due to the hi res scan but "See Ma, no white dot " The card is much more clear in person. I was told this was a more clear one than the other that would have been on the sheet but I have looked at quite a few and it's still hard for me to tell. Some just look fuzzier than others and in person this one isn't too fuzzy.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Arrived today...it's a bit pixelated due to the hi res scan but "See Ma, no white dot " The card is much more clear in person. I was told this was a more clear one than the other that would have been on the sheet but I have looked at quite a few and it's still hard for me to tell. Some just look fuzzier than others and in person this one isn't too fuzzy.

For crying out loud Leon. You start a quasi-scientific psychological thread with 52 posts and then tell us that the whole damn thread was generated because of a phantom white dot. You should be ashamed. If I could spell fraudulent, I might even use it in this post. Maybe Skrubinski was right.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:32 PM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepony View Post
I have no answers. Just seems there's a lot of room above a $5000 bid before the 10% increment of $5500
Using these variables, a fixed bid increment will either cost the consignor money or it will create ill will from a bidder who bids in a moment of weakness. Would it be too much to turn off incremental bidding for the last 60 minutes and go with an "Any Advance?" format? If the Auction House uses the Extended Bidding, then turn it off for that period. Using a "IF >" filter would seem an easy programming adjustment. The auction programs already increase the bid increment at pre-determined values. They surely could have it decrease.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:47 PM
Pau.l C

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
I do like the REA method and am fine with how it is structured, with one exception. I wish the bidding increments from $500 - $1000 weren't done in $100 increments.

I remember an item last year which ended with a $500 bid. I considered bidding higher, but the next bid - $600 - is a 20% increase when going up from $500. Until you get to $1000, all increments from $500 to $1000 are increments between 10% and 20%. (Same is true for those bids under $500, but I know virtually nothing at REA sells for less than $500, so it's a bit of a moot point.) No other auction house has a bidding percentage increase to the next increment in the 15% - 20% range (that I am aware of).

What if the $50 bidding increments continued a bit higher, maybe even just to $700 or $800 if not $1000, then kicked over to $100 increments? I would imagine a smaller increment on those items in the $500 - $700 range could garner an extra bid or two, rather than taking a 20% bidding leap to the next increment. I understand most REA items are over $1000 and not even in this range, but is a valid point on those which do fall in this range.

Thanks,
Scott
I agree 20% increments at this level seem too high. As a bidder looking at a a 2k or 3k lot a lot of times I would pay 5% higher than the current bid, but give up on the larger increments.
& With REA I admit I have lost lots because I was unable to cover the "Evens" instead of "odd"s & would like to have put a Max several bid increments higher & did not time waiting for the next bid to jump back in on the preferred levels. I believe lower increments leads to more bids and bidders and higher prices for the auction house and consignors as well as better bidding for bidders.
Just one guys opinion who messed up REA bidding in the past
Old 04-23-2014, 02:05 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
Using these variables, a fixed bid increment will either cost the consignor money or it will create ill will from a bidder who bids in a moment of weakness. Would it be too much to turn off incremental bidding for the last 60 minutes and go with an "Any Advance?" format? If the Auction House uses the Extended Bidding, then turn it off for that period. Using a "IF >" filter would seem an easy programming adjustment. The auction programs already increase the bid increment at pre-determined values. They surely could have it decrease.
If this happened in REA, the auction would never end.