NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-13-2023, 10:50 AM
Don Hontz

Default Memory Lane--Super Fast Shipping

Hats of to Memory Lane--Received my Babe Ruth Cards today--Super Fast Shipping---thanks, Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan_20230913 (12).jpg (196.2 KB, 314 views)
Old 09-13-2023, 11:02 AM
R@ndy Hart.soe

I would say record time for auction house shipping. Cards look great. Fit in nicely with your show display.
Old 09-13-2023, 11:24 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

wow that is fast.

Again Congrats on the pickups

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 09-13-2023, 11:40 AM
Peter Spaeth

Nice Ruths. Not sure I understand the Board's obsession with shipping speed though. As long as you get it within a reasonable time, does it really mean that much?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-13-2023 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-13-2023, 12:22 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Not if it has to be displayed at the show this weekend!

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 09-13-2023, 12:39 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Not if it has to be displayed at the show this weekend!
I guess. I'm from the generation where you mailed in your check and received your cards when you received them.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 09-13-2023, 12:43 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Nice Ruths. Not sure I understand the Board's obsession with shipping speed though. As long as you get it within a reasonable time, does it really mean that much?
Shipping affordably
Shipping fast
Having the card the collector wants

If you check at least 2 of these boxes that makes you an asset to the hobby. Forget the rest.
Old 09-13-2023, 12:45 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
I guess. I'm from the generation where you mailed in your check and received your cards when you received them.
Have to agree, but today it's mostly instant gratification and/or passing the hot potato!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 09-13-2023, 01:05 PM
Don Hontz

Quote:
Peter I am Old School, but you are really Old School--but always enjoy reading your boards
Old 09-13-2023, 01:07 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donscards View Post
Peter I am Old School, but you are really Old School--but always enjoy reading your boards
Don I am glad to see you have adapted to the new generation, I guess I haven't. Hope Lee misses you.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-13-2023 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-13-2023, 01:18 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I'm also very happy with the super fast shipping from Memory Lane. I paid via wire on Monday, package was shipped on Tuesday, and I received it on Wednesday.
Old 09-13-2023, 01:45 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Sometimes it’s nice to get it quickly just so you don’t forget about it in the interim. If a week or two goes by, it tends to roll off my radar, and next thing you know I can’t remember what’s supposed to be coming. Quicker shipping means I’m less likely to let it slip through the cracks in my mind.

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Old 09-13-2023, 02:06 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
Sometimes it’s nice to get it quickly just so you don’t forget about it in the interim. If a week or two goes by, it tends to roll off my radar, and next thing you know I can’t remember what’s supposed to be coming. Quicker shipping means I’m less likely to let it slip through the cracks in my mind.
May I suggest a pen and a piece of paper, son. Or perhaps in your case you need a whole pad.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-13-2023 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-13-2023, 05:28 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

No house is faster than REA but Memory Lane equaled them this time: I received my cards yesterday and paid today.
Old 09-13-2023, 05:45 PM

Memory Lane offset my invoice with part of my consignment and I received my card Tuesday. I think that is great customer service, but nothing new for Memory Lane- a top notch outfit and one of the very best in the biz, IMO
Old 09-13-2023, 08:16 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

People can find a way to shit on almost anything.
Nothing is good. Everything is bad. Nothing or nobody is how things used to be. Shake fist at clouds. Talk about how things used to be. People today are soft and shallow. In the old days ….. Tell those damn kids to get off your lawn. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 09-13-2023 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-13-2023, 08:38 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Nothing is good. Everything is bad. Nothing or nobody is how things used to be. Shake fist at clouds. Talk about how things used to be. People today are soft and shallow. In the old days ….. Tell those damn kids to get off your lawn. Rinse and repeat.
Everything new is not always better, my kids would give the world to grow up in the world we grew up in.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 09-13-2023, 09:04 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wCXr_6wgns

Old 09-13-2023, 09:07 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
Everything new is not always better, my kids would give the world to grow up in the world we grew up in.
A very minor window into things for sure, but my experience as a young lawyer was just infinitely better and more meaningful than the experience our younger lawyers in the same firm have now. It's night and day.

Old 09-13-2023, 09:07 PM
je.sse @rnot

Always nice when a card arrives fast. Memory Lane is very close to my house so I've never personally had to have a card shipped from them, I just pick them up. Unlike Jeff I do have to pay first though.
Old 09-14-2023, 07:57 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
My kids would be quite mystified with my argument that riding our bikes around town and hanging out behind stores doing nothing and drinking beers on the side of the Southern State parkway was more magical than playing computer games or chess in real time with friends in Tokyo.

I'm 60 now, and already sick and tired of the endless variations on "good old days" discussions. Everything was magical when I was a kid. Just didn't recognize it I guess. A few decades more of sugar coated nostalgia to look forward to I guess before I hit the ground. Was at a gate heading to Florida last winter at one of the NY airports and all it was was 60-90 year olds yakking about how great everything was when they were a kid and how terrible it all is today. Fun stuff.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 09-14-2023 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-14-2023, 10:15 AM

Default Memory Lane Thread

Great auction memory lane. Nice pick ups everyone. Always nice to see buyers and sellers enjoying this great hobby.