NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-02-2018, 01:44 PM
Ben W.hitener

Default New SGC slabs & more...

https://ogkcreative.com/work/sgc/

https://www.sgccard.com/index.aspx

Digital grading???
Not sure what they mean about “imprinting”?

“We used scanned video effects to demonstrate how a baseball card would be analyzed, imprinted, stored and maintained in the SGC achieve system.”
Old 06-02-2018, 02:32 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

I knew it!!!
More color labels
@ Leon: When do we get Net54 hoodies?
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice
Old 06-02-2018, 02:34 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Those new labels are horrendous. I hope they aren't really going there.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 06-02-2018, 02:56 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Wow, that's a really expensive way to jump the shark.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:01 PM
Max Jackson

I encourage everyone to read the entire page. I think a lot of people reading this are getting caught up on the cosmetic changes but there are a ton of potentially exciting changes and innovations.

Always looking for oddball Larry Doyle items.

Collecting New York Nationals in most Pre War sets. Especially t206 Non-Piedmont and non-sweet caporal backs.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:14 PM
Jon Canfield

Ive read the whole page and I’m personally not a fan of the changes or the redesign, but hopefully I’m in the minority and the changes work out for them.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:20 PM
And.rew Whi.te

I am not hung up on the labels and the cosmetic changes as others may be. What excites me, if I am reading this correctly is that they are digitally scanning all graded cards and will have that available on their database? Did I read more into the digital scanning portion or am I just assuming that is what is going to happen.

I think this change will be good for them and hopefully give PSA a run for their (and our) money. I am looking forward to seeing what happens here.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:29 PM
Frank Evanov

Default Really?

Wow. This is funny. You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

So we are now told that SGC is finally going to fix "The Problem"

"In the 150 years since the first baseball card was produced, no company had ever developed a trusted brand platform across the various age collectors. The world of card selling, buying and trading was filled with rip-off artists and fraudulent business men taking advantage of a lack of technology and proven auditing systems."

Fact 1: 15 years ago I was sold $10,000 worth of altered, re-glossed, trimmed, re-colored baseball cards by Gary Moser and Dave Forman. I discovered that when I sent the cards to PSA for grading. PSA clearly delineated the doctoring that was performed on each card.

Fact 2: I never got a penny back from either of these men, although Mr. Forman has tried to apologize to me for years for his actions. My attempts to get justice from the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York and from the FBI were unsuccessful due to the priorities (quite rightfully) of the Post-911 environment here in NY City.

Fact 3: Dave Forman is the owner of SGC.

Talk about the inmates running the asylum....
Old 06-02-2018, 03:34 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

I also took umbrage with their talk about being the first registry, but maybe they were talking about 20+ years ago. About the same time they last updated their registry software... mentioning how good it is takes a bunch of gumption.

Imprinting also sounds like they're going to intentionally damage/mark cards. The whole S_____ G_________ C______ thing is just ridiculous. How much money did this take, and where did it come from?
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:05 PM
Jason Wells

Links are gone did anyone save a screenshot of the new holders?
Old 06-02-2018, 05:45 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantlefan View Post
Wow. This is funny. You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

So we are now told that SGC is finally going to fix "The Problem"

"In the 150 years since the first baseball card was produced, no company had ever developed a trusted brand platform across the various age collectors. The world of card selling, buying and trading was filled with rip-off artists and fraudulent business men taking advantage of a lack of technology and proven auditing systems."

Fact 1: 15 years ago I was sold $10,000 worth of altered, re-glossed, trimmed, re-colored baseball cards by Gary Moser and Dave Forman. I discovered that when I sent the cards to PSA for grading. PSA clearly delineated the doctoring that was performed on each card.

Fact 2: I never got a penny back from either of these men, although Mr. Forman has tried to apologize to me for years for his actions. My attempts to get justice from the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York and from the FBI were unsuccessful due to the priorities (quite rightfully) of the Post-911 environment here in NY City.

Fact 3: Dave Forman is the owner of SGC.

Talk about the inmates running the asylum....
Hopefully their shipping charges were reasonable. If they weren't, people might care.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:45 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantlefan View Post
Wow. This is funny.

Frank, which agent did you speak to? And which proseoctor? It is a well known fact as you noted that the FBI and EDNY stopped investigating and prosecuting all fraud cases in the aftermath of 9/11 for a few years due to the need to shift all assets to counterterrorism. Caused havoc with my business as there was not a plethora of terrorism cases to go around and I was stuck waiting for things to get back to normal.