NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Default Jesse Orosco's All Star trophy, what is it worth??

Posted By: Mike Navarro

Anybody have any idea what this is worth? What would be the best avenue to sell it? It is Jesse Orosco’s personal trophy from the 1983 All Star Game. I just dug it out of my storage shed and obviously, it needs to be cleaned and polished up. I believe at one time it went through high heat or a fire as well as the bottom base is warped from the heat. I believe it is silver although I’m not certain. It is about 9 ½ inches tall and measures almost 9 inches diameter at the top. I picked it up years ago. The inscription reads: “1983 All Star Game (seal of the National League) Presented to JESSE OROSCO Charles S. Feeney (engraved sig) President”

Orosco was only in this one All Star game and struck out the only batter he faced. I am also considering contacting Jesse and giving it back to him if he wants it, but as someone has pointed out to me, evidently it didn't mean too much to him, or he wouldn't have gotten rid of it in the first place, as its not likely he was down in the dumps and needed the money.

Thanks,

Mike

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jamie

mike,
im interested if you want to sell. dont know value though- it's obviously a unique piece

Old 03-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Hi Jamie,

You can shoot me what you figure to be a fair offer to my email at navarro@flash.net I've been trying to find another one all day online to try and get a value, but so far no luck. Thanks for your interest.

Mike Navarro

Old 03-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

I've not seen such a trophy before.

I once had Dave Parker's Play Boy magazine All-Star award, a medallion. It came with a LOA from Parker.

I once sold a humanitarian medal given to Jackie Robinson by a small town Wisconsin medical association. The purchaser wrote to the association and a secretary not only confirmed that Robinson had received the award, but sent him a photo of Robinson receiving it.

Former husband and wife neighbors of mine got Ph.d.s in the 1960s from the University of California-Berkeley (where they met). I was browsing at their diplomas on the wall and noticed each was signed by the then Governor of California ... Ronald Reagan. I don't think either neighbor considered the signature of any special significance. I didn't form an opinion whether the signature was handwritten by Reagan or not, and doubt the couple would sell their diplomas anyway.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Alright, I'm just going to take a stab and price it at $300.00 if anyone wants it. It is in rough shape as you can see, warped base and a dent. Silver has rough spots as you can see, tarnish, some scratches, etc. Might polish up really pretty, might not, I'm personally not going to invest the elbow grease to find out.

I literally have no idea what its worth, may be $1.00, may be $1,000, but I'll be happy with $300.00.

You can email at navarro@flash.net if you are interested.

Mike