NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-25-2016, 02:40 PM
Bill Lucier

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TED-WILLIAMS...4AAOSwo4pYDt6B

Great looking card!!
Old 10-25-2016, 02:53 PM
Mark Medlin

if they are outwardly and openly selling items that are not as advertised, why has no one gone after them? I know there are several attorneys on this board, maybe one of them can chime in. I have no idea if their auctions are all bad or not, but my single transaction with them was not as advertised for sure. Why does eBay allow it? If they truly are breaking the law, why are we all powerless?

Mark
Old 10-25-2016, 03:02 PM
Tom Boblitt

Same thing on the nonsports side............
Old 10-25-2016, 04:21 PM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdmtx View Post
if they are outwardly and openly selling items that are not as advertised, why has no one gone after them? I know there are several attorneys on this board, maybe one of them can chime in. I have no idea if their auctions are all bad or not, but my single transaction with them was not as advertised for sure. Why does eBay allow it? If they truly are breaking the law, why are we all powerless?

Mark
Because stuff beats out ethics!

Some people actually keep the card when they receive it in "not as described condition", thereby enabling the process. Not me - I purchased 30 lots and returned 22 of them after leaving 17 negatives and 5 neutrals.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:09 PM
Scott Russell

My problem is the deliberate attempt to defraud that started this thread off. This isn't retouching or photoshopping or even trimming, this is taking a card you KNOW to be no good, and claiming it is.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 10-25-2016, 05:27 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdmtx View Post

Mark
I am also curious what other, honest, sellers think of her/them?

I am sure battlefield, in a round about way, is taking business from all of them.
I mean, take for instance, someone fairly new to the hobby, or even an average everyday collector, once they realize they have been burned, they are sworn off E-Bay for good.

We have a site up here called Kijiji, and it's amazing how many people won't even go near it due the scams and other shenanigans that often occur on there if you are not sharp.

I can't help but think the same goes with E-Bay. Fool me once...........
Old 10-25-2016, 05:47 PM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstYearCards View Post
Yeah, they always are. Until you actually receive them.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:53 PM
James
James Kin.chen

I think that the fact that most buyers don't bother to leave negative feedback once they get refunds is one reason that she/he has been able to stay around for so long.
James
Old 10-25-2016, 07:41 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

I am awe struck by this whole thread and the seller, to be honest. I don't normally have much to say and more of a reader and a buyer.

Most of this may not be new. Here are some ideas:
  • Always pay with a credit card
  • File a report with a local police report pressing charges(This might require someone stepping up and taking a financial beating. You have time to file your charge back and your police report.)
  • Report the seller to the IRS(the more reports the more the flags may get raised. If they cheat on cards they likely cheat on taxes also. A nice audit should do well. How many people get even a single phone call reporting them?)
  • Leave negative feedback always
  • If they agree to ship via USPS isn't that mail fraud?

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 10-25-2016 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:43 PM
pete ullman

The one time I got "duped" by the battleax...I was just so happy to get my money back after the shock of the cards when they arrived...I didn't care about leaving neg feedback!