NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Dan Bretta

Default I'm outing an auction....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BELTZERS-Neb...item19e3d133a1

This is a very cool postcard and one I've never seen before...that said I'm not so sure that price is anywhere near reasonable. Printed postcards of the NI team usually sell in the $30-$50 range for "common" cards...some of the rarer types and even one of a kind real photo postcards sell in the $100-$150 range. Not sure why this seller thinks this is anywhere near worth $500.

edited to add: the postmark and stamp on the front are also a detractor IMO.

On the plus side I always like seeing something I've never seen before that I want to add to my collection...this makes 2 postcards of the Nebraska Indians that I need to keep an eye out for.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 10-22-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

The price probably reflects the 5 minutes of google searching the seller did. If you read the thesis of a description, I think they feel they have the golden holy grail....when really it's only a silver plated one..
Old 10-23-2013, 10:40 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
The price probably reflects the 5 minutes of google searching the seller did. If you read the thesis of a description, I think they feel they have the golden holy grail....when really it's only a silver plated one..
I think the seller may know a thing or two about baseball...he or she has had some very nice items for sale on ebay recently...and he or she has started all of them at a reasonable starting price. I just hope they didn't start this auction with that ridiculous starting price hoping the one person in the world who focuses on this team would be dumb enough to hit the buy it now.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:14 AM
Kevin O'Gara

Dan what's it worth. Make an offer...
Old 10-23-2013, 02:24 PM
Clint

Usually printed postcards like this are a dime a dozen. Wonder why this is such a toughy. There has to be more out there.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Dan Bretta

I feel like a jerk for starting this thread...I had no idea it was a net54 member. Anyway we are working a deal for the postcard.

Clint, there are some printed postcards that are toughies...another Net54 member owns a Nebraska Indians card that is also the only one I've ever seen. The Beltzer cards are just tougher than the Green cards.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:16 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I feel like a jerk for starting this thread...I had no idea it was a net54 member. Anyway we are working a deal for the postcard.
This situation brings up an interesting question.
I see, in the members list, one of the columns is ebay ID. Is that field searchable? If so, perhaps a campaign to get people to put their ebay IDs in more would allow Net54 members to more easily find each other when dealing with ebay items.
I'm not suggesting we circumvent ebay and rob them of their profit.(I would never, ever suggest such a terrible thing. ) I just think if everyone was listed then perhaps threads like this wouldn't happen and everyone winds up happy. Sellers sell stuff and collectors get stuff.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 10-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Dan Bretta

All's well that ends well...an offer was made, it was accepted and everyone is happy!
Old 10-23-2013, 03:25 PM
Tony. Biviano

Default outing

Don't understand the purpose of this thread. If you think someone is selling an item at n unreasonable price, just igniore it otherwise you would have to out 90% of all sellers on ebay.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:44 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
This situation brings up an interesting question.
I see, in the members list, one of the columns is ebay ID. Is that field searchable? If so, perhaps a campaign to get people to put their ebay IDs in more would allow Net54 members to more easily find each other when dealing with ebay items.
I'm not suggesting we circumvent ebay and rob them of their profit.(I would never, ever suggest such a terrible thing. ) I just think if everyone was listed then perhaps threads like this wouldn't happen and everyone winds up happy. Sellers sell stuff and collectors get stuff.
Mark,
I never thought to do so before, but sure enough, you can search Net54 members by their posted eBay IDs by going to the menu bar above and starting with the "Community" drop-down:

Community=> Members List=> Search Members=> Advanced Search

Searching by eBay ID is one of the options there. Of course, as you say, only a small percentage of Net54 users have their eBay ID's posted, but you never know.

Also, as I noted today that one of the changes with eBay's search functionality was to do away with the "search by bidder" advanced search option, perhaps more members will be willing to post their ID's (no more fear of a lurker spying what you are bidding on and beating you to the punch or running you up).