NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-12-2019, 10:03 AM
Anson

Default New SGC Population Report

Is it me, or has this been "coming" for quite a while now? I'm not certain how they're going to make sense of the mess they currently have on their site. Do they have enough information to merge duplicates series and back variations?

I'm not trying to pan SGC, but it seems like they've been working on this for a while.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:18 AM

I completely agree. And I love SGC, dont get me wrong. I give them ALL of my grading business. But this "coming soon" stuff has been taking forever. Will we ever see these new pop reports, etc?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2019, 12:36 PM
je.sse @rnot

I have never successfully pulled up an SGC population report. I have tried a couple of times but found the site very difficult to navigate.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:43 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I have never successfully pulled up an SGC population report. I have tried a couple of times but found the site very difficult to navigate.
I swear I pulled up an SGC population report one time, and it was [spreads arms five feet apart] THIS BIG!
Old 04-12-2019, 01:29 PM
Gobucsmagic74

I just left the SGC office and Dave said the registry and population reports are coming soon. 😉
Old 04-12-2019, 01:44 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
I just left the SGC office and Dave said the registry and population reports are coming soon. 😉
So is Christmas, but I aint sitting here holding my breath

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 04-12-2019, 02:26 PM
Anson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
So is Christmas, but I aint sitting here holding my breath
They'll be ready by Christmas, but I'm just not sure which year.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:49 PM
D@vid Fel@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
Maybe check back Monday when the office opens.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:32 PM
Steve Birmingham

The old one was hard to navigate at first, but aside from a few oddities that just had to be typos, wasn't horrible. The "improved" one they came out with was simply awful.
I'm not holding out much hope for the new new one. Especially if it doesn't include the previous cards.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:11 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
The old one was hard to navigate at first, but aside from a few oddities that just had to be typos, wasn't horrible. The "improved" one they came out with was simply awful.
I'm not holding out much hope for the new new one. Especially if it doesn't include the previous cards.
It's not going to include cards graded prior to last year??

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:17 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Pop report

The old pop report is working fine. There have always been some problems with the info within the pop report, such as this:

1916 Weil Baking Co. (D328)
1916 Weil Baking Co. (D329)
1917 Weil Baking Co. (D328)

and this:

1910 Coupon Cigarettes
1910-19 Coupon Cigarettes
1914 Coupon Cigarettes
1919 Coupon Cigarettes

and the pop report for T213-2's is listed by first names for some, and then by last names for some, and then quite a few are listed solely by subtitle, such as "batting" or "both hands", or by team name.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:01 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
It's not going to include cards graded prior to last year??

That's how I understood some comments made here. That the now pop report will be the pop report, and the old one will either be gone (or hopefully saved as-is. )

It's one of those rare circumstances where I'd be happy to have misunderstood, or have the info be just plain wrong.