NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-16-2018, 08:23 PM
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino

Default Current data migration/website switch over at SGC...

Hey guys, I've brought this up in other threads but thought it was worthy of attention and surprised no one else has brought it up.

I submitted 4 cards and they were received last Wednesday. Usually by now I would have received the email which tells you it's been put into their system, invoice #, etc. However I have not received an email. So I called SGC yesterday and spoke to a nice gentleman who explained that they are currently transitioning to their new website/database so I may not receive an email. Has anyone else submitted recently and did you receive an email? I THINK I was led to believe my cards may be graded and shipped to my doorstep without any sort of update along the way. Perhaps when they are shipped to me I'll get an email? I'm not really sure and it is slightly worrisome.

Anyone else in this situation?
Old 08-17-2018, 08:40 AM
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino

How is no one else talking about/concerned about this!?!

Old 08-17-2018, 08:44 AM
Scott Russell

Unfortunately this has happened to me several times. While it is inconvenient, ultimately I still receive my cards back in a timely fashion.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 08-17-2018, 09:32 AM
Steven

Because SGC sucks.

I have backed SGC for years b/c I thought they were the most consistent graders of old cards, but not anymore. Their customer service is HORRIBLE, an absolute joke. They have no business model and just continue to destroy their brand over and over again. Now, I think they've lost their ability to grade as well. SGC SUCKS!

S Suckow
Old 08-17-2018, 11:15 AM
Peter Spaeth

I emailed Matthew yesterday because a card I sent for a 2 day review had not been logged in yet and just wanted to make sure it was there. I heard back from him literally within minutes. They're just transitioning computer systems or something, doesn't seem like a big deal. If you get your cards in a reasonably timely fashion who cares if you get an email or not?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-17-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:22 AM
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino

It's not really a big deal, I do trust that I will get the cards. But literally not having any update doesn't exactly put me at ease either. They were picked up from the post office so of course my mind goes to "what if someone else picked them up", etc etc. Just them telling me YES WE HAVE YOUR BOX RIGHT HERE would put me at ease.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:24 AM
Pete

I sent my cards in about 1-2 weeks ago and it was logged in pretty promptly.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:28 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciobar1980 View Post
It's not really a big deal, I do trust that I will get the cards. But literally not having any update doesn't exactly put me at ease either. They were picked up from the post office so of course my mind goes to "what if someone else picked them up", etc etc. Just them telling me YES WE HAVE YOUR BOX RIGHT HERE would put me at ease.
I think you are worrying unnecessarily. I am sure the Post Office has procedures in place to make sure that doesn't happen.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:50 AM
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino

Bump.

Anone recently received cards from SGC without any notice whatsoever? Again, surprised I’m the only one who I’ve seen mention this.

Peter, I’m not losing sleep over this and I’m sure I will get my cards, but it’s not exactly how I would prefer a submission to be handled either. I only hope i at least get a tracking number when they ship my cards.
Old 08-20-2018, 03:00 PM
bR!@N R0+H

Quote:
Bump.

Anone recently received cards from SGC without any notice whatsoever? Again, surprised I’m the only one who I’ve seen mention this.

Peter, I’m not losing sleep over this and I’m sure I will get my cards, but it’s not exactly how I would prefer a submission to be handled either. I only hope i at least get a tracking number when they ship my cards.
I haven't received my cards yet, but my submission from the national hasn't yet been catalogued to SGC. In the past, it had at least been entered by now

Greenberg collection

Last edited by Zan; 08-20-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:10 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1230794

Seems most people don't care, but here are the thoughts from one guy on Blowout.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:33 PM
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino

Thanks. Again, surprised no one else seems concerned. My submission was modest by most standards.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:24 PM

Pick up the phone and call them. Posting here will not answer your questions on your order status.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Bump.

Transition period for them as everyone knows. Be proactive. I just emailed Matt as he had told me last week my order would be ready today, and he wrote right back with the tracking number. This really isn't difficult, and I'm not a major submitter so I am not getting any special attention I assure you.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-20-2018 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:39 AM
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino

I called them last week, they weren't able to look up my order. I called them today and they said they are still unable to look it up but that I will get my cards on a one-weekish delay. That's all I get Peter.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:43 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I called them last week, they weren't able to look up my order. I called them today and they said they are still unable to look it up but that I will get my cards on a one-weekish delay. That's all I get Peter.
Not much you can do then except wait and have faith I guess.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:58 AM
Chase

Quote:
It may have been better if SGC had been more transparent publicly about their growing pains however slight delays should be something we are all used to when submitting cards. BVG is running a year behind and people have been complaining about delays at PSA for years. Hopefully it will have been worth the wait for you. SGC is a great company.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:09 AM
Peter Spaeth

A year behind? Seriously? Ouch.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:19 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Read this one throughout.
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1155093
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:29 AM
Chase

Quote:
Their economy submissions are backed up 1 full year. Not sure about the faster service levels.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:32 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Skimmed it. OMG. Guy posted in mid June that he had just received his order from the 2017 National. Another guy recently got his order after 349 days. And he said the grades were an abomination. This must be the worst-run business in America.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-21-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:35 AM
Charles
Charlie Ma.nn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
It may have been better if SGC had been more transparent publicly about their growing pains however slight delays should be something we are all used to when submitting cards. BVG is running a year behind and people have been complaining about delays at PSA for years. Hopefully it will have been worth the wait for you. SGC is a great company.
Look on the bright side of the 1 year turnaround. You can send modern cards in and they come back vintage.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:25 AM
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
Yes, this. They could have made a pop-up or something on the website that stated their current situation and warned about delays and that no confirmation email would be sent out, etc. I've basically had to figure this out on my own.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:30 AM
Banned

i remember the episode of The Office when Michael started his own paper company. as it continued to lose money, an analyst told him that the quicker he sold more paper, the sooner he would be out of business. the prices he was charging for his product couldn’t support his business. i know PSA and SGC recently have increased prices, but I wonder if the grading companies have reached a point they never envisioned: their product is TOO much in demand, and they can’t keep up if they stay within the operating budgets they’ve set up.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:02 PM
Al

Quote:
Look on the bright side of the 1 year turnaround. You can send modern cards in and they come back vintage.
I'm copying and pasting this just to help give everyone an appreciation of how hilarious a statement this is.

-Al
Old 08-21-2018, 08:38 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Skimmed it. OMG. Guy posted in mid June that he had just received his order from the 2017 National. Another guy recently got his order after 349 days. And he said the grades were an abomination. This must be the worst-run business in America.
Peter, would you say that SGC is a close second, especially after their debacle at the National?
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:43 PM
Peter Spaeth

Are you referring to the ticket that was discussed on blowout in the link above?

Old 08-21-2018, 09:12 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Are you referring to the ticket that was discussed on blowout in the link above?
Peter, I am referring to SGC's debacle with regard to on-site grading at the National. It will be interesting to see if SGC can successfully accomplish all of the various changes it is currently making to its processes.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:22 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Peter, I am referring to SGC's debacle with regard to on-site grading at the National. It will be interesting to see if SGC can successfully accomplish all of the various changes it is currently making to its processes.
I am not really aware of what happened at the National.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:13 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

new info posted on SGC home page:

Please Note: We are moving to our new website at www.gosgc.com. You can use your current SGC username and password to log into your account there. Please do not be alarmed if you don't immediately see your pending submissions on the new website. We are currently transitioning all data to the new platform, and your submission details should be updated shortly. Additionally, we are running at a slight delay in turnaround time due to higher than average submission volume. Please feel free to email Collector Support at support@gosgc.com with any additional questions. Thank you!
Old 08-23-2018, 05:21 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

I've been following this thread as I submitted three cards in Cleveland during the National. I just went to the new website address, and my submission has been logged in as received

Larry
Old 08-23-2018, 05:28 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLarry View Post
I've been following this thread as I submitted three cards in Cleveland during the National. I just went to the new website address, and my submission has been logged in as received

Larry
You mean the sky is not falling phew!

I will mention in white plains on friday

Psa line swamped

Beckett line busy, but literally ONE guy working the front end

Sgc card guys plane was late, so auto guys running the ship. I saw one person drop something off, but they were working

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 08-23-2018, 07:47 AM
bR!@N R0+H

Quote:

Larry
Same, as well as my submission from White Plains. However, my autograph submission isn't there...

Greenberg collection
Old 08-24-2018, 03:14 PM
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino

For those who might care, my cards were received 8/8, still no word and not logged on www.gosgc.com
Old 08-24-2018, 05:15 PM
D@vid Fel@

The office will be open Monday. All them the
Old 08-25-2018, 09:57 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

I submitted three cards to SGC on the last day of National (Sunday 8/5) under the 20 day show special. My cards just arrived here at my home on Saturday 8/25 (fifteen business days). The new website indicated the cards were "on the way back" but like others have said, provided no tracking number nor did I received an email message giving me a tracking number. But it sounds like we will get tracking numbers once everything is moved over to the new website.

Larry
Old 08-25-2018, 11:52 AM
bR!@N R0+H

Quote:
I submitted three cards to SGC on the last day of National (Sunday 8/5) under the 20 day show special. My cards just arrived here at my home on Saturday 8/25 (fifteen business days). The new website indicated the cards were "on the way back" but like others have said, provided no tracking number nor did I received an email message giving me a tracking number. But it sounds like we will get tracking numbers once everything is moved over to the new website.

Larry
Gives me hope that my cards will be with me soon. Shipped yesterday

Greenberg collection
Old 08-25-2018, 12:31 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

New mobile site is a bit buggy. I cant accept terms, and a few other things are tough to navigate. Would someone post a screen shot of what your profile is supposed to look like? Mine has 3 blocks, received, graded, and on their way back, but none highlighted. Thyley just look dark

Old 08-25-2018, 04:57 PM
bR!@N R0+H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
New mobile site is a bit buggy. I cant accept terms, and a few other things are tough to navigate. Would someone post a screen shot of what your profile is supposed to look like? Mine has 3 blocks, received, graded, and on their way back, but none highlighted. Thyley just look dark
That could mean that none of those processes have taken place yet. Mine were like that until yesterday until they were graded and on their way back

Greenberg collection
Old 08-25-2018, 04:59 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Mine were subbed in white plains as well so I was hoping.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Old 08-25-2018, 05:22 PM
bR!@N R0+H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Mine were subbed in white plains as well so I was hoping.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
My subs from White Plains are in, but haven't been logged or anything like that. I suppose we are in the same boat

Greenberg collection
Old 08-25-2018, 07:03 PM
Peter Spaeth

I just tried to start a submission (mostly oddball NS I would have to enter myself) and it's a no go. Either it won't save the card at all, or it saves multiple iterations of it, or it insists on changing the date to something way off. I guess they still need to work out the glitches. I think they should have kept the old site submission form open in the meantime.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-25-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:51 PM
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino

Just checking in... have other people's submissions showed up on the new site? Mine haven't. Cards were received 8/8.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:53 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan View Post
My subs from White Plains are in, but haven't been logged or anything like that. I suppose we are in the same boat

White plains subs show 8/23 but nothing updated

Old 08-29-2018, 06:58 PM
Chase

Yikes...Beckett is a year behind and SGC is MIA. Looks like we are all stuck with PSA.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:03 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Just checking in... have other people's submissions showed up on the new site? Mine haven't. Cards were received 8/8.
I had an order that was received on 7-25 right before the changeover. It was logged in on the old site as received the same day, and just a few days ago on 8-23 got logged in again (with the cards listed this time) on the new site. Not showing as graded though. I am hopeful it will be graded soon and that the 20 days won't now run from the new log in date, but what will be will be.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:13 PM
bR!@N R0+H

Received my SGC grades 20 day service submitted at Cleveland yesterday, a few days within 20 business day window. Very happy about that!

Greenberg collection
Old 08-30-2018, 01:46 PM
Garth Guibord

I sent in a card to be reholdered, mailed it 8/14, picked up from USPS on 8/20 and it showed up on the new site 8/28.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:01 PM
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino

Ok, see, this is starting to annoy me. They got my cards 8/8 and still nothing on the new site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuinness View Post
I sent in a card to be reholdered, mailed it 8/14, picked up from USPS on 8/20 and it showed up on the new site 8/28.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:43 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Ok, see, this is starting to annoy me. They got my cards 8/8 and still nothing on the new site.
They definitely seem to be in a bit of disarray, judging by a couple of posts here and my own sub. Hopefully they get back to normal soon.