NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

View Poll Results: What is your response to the recent PWCC revelations?
1. I wasn't buying from or consigning to PWCC in the first place. 166 34.87%
I will no longer buy from/consign to PWCC. 163 34.24%
I will continue to buy from/consign to PWCC. 78 16.39%
I haven't decided 69 14.50%
Voters: 476. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2019, 08:23 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
That is a sentencing issue. You really should quit.
I did realize that.
On the other hand, I think if you keep going at the pace you are, you are going to over take me in number of posts. LOL
Old 06-13-2019, 08:23 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon512 View Post
jeff/peter, do you think psa's actions (or lack thereof) were negligent? do you a judge/jury would find them negligent (either criminal or civil)?
If I were claiming PSA misgraded a card I bought, I would just bring a claim on their guarantee, which is an easier case in the nature of strict liability, I'm not sure why I would go to negligence although I'd have to think about it further.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:24 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I did realize that.
On the other hand, I think if you keep going at the pace you are, you are going to over take me in number of posts. LOL
If you make incorrect statements about the law, I feel obliged to respond. LOL.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:34 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
If you make incorrect statements about the law, I feel obliged to respond. LOL.
Dragnet 54, “Just the facts, ma’am”

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:38 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
If I were claiming PSA misgraded a card I bought, I would just bring a claim on their guarantee, which is an easier case in the nature of strict liability, I'm not sure why I would go to negligence although I'd have to think about it further.
Right. Their negligence triggers their guarantee.

PSA has always banked on people not willing to sue them due to the relatively small amount in dispute when they misgrade a card. So they refuse to honor the guarantee for any reason they think will fit, and rarely pay out.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:42 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Right. Their negligence triggers their guarantee.

PSA has always banked on people not willing to sue them due to the relatively small amount in dispute when they misgrade a card. So they refuse to honor the guarantee for any reason they think will fit, and rarely pay out.
There doesn't even need to be underlying negligence. Maybe the doctoring was so good they couldn't have detected it using ordinary care; but you can now prove it was doctored through before and after photos. Still liable. The guarantee has no exceptions.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:55 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
There doesn't even need to be underlying negligence. Maybe the doctoring was so good they couldn't have detected it using ordinary care; but you can now prove it was doctored through before and after photos. Still liable. The guarantee has no exceptions.
I've heard that a lot -- that the doctoring is so good that PSA can't detect it. But this is basically the main thing they're being paid to do: to detect alterations. Maybe if they spent more than 10 seconds grading a card they'd be able to see that the card is short. Or that a blacklight would expose added color. Or that a look with a loupe would show that one edge is worn differently than the other three. I don't buy the argument that the doctoring is so good to easily fool PSA. I think PSA is so bad that the doctoring doesn't have to be so good.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:58 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
I understand where you're going, but the prosecution really screwed up that case.
Not that there was much fun about that case, but watching Vincent Bugliosi's head nearly explode during interviews was, well I don't know the word for it, but it was something.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 06-13-2019, 08:59 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
I've heard that a lot -- that the doctoring is so good that PSA can't detect it. But this is basically the main thing they're being paid to do: to detect alterations. Maybe if they spent more than 10 seconds grading a card they'd be able to see that the card is short. Or that a blacklight would expose added color. Or that a look with a loupe would show that one edge is worn differently than the other three. I don't buy the argument that the doctoring is so good to easily fool PSA. I think PSA is so bad that the doctoring doesn't have to be so good.
I only meant to point out the scope of the guarantee. It doesn't matter if they were negligent or legitimately fooled.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:06 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover View Post
Scott,

Years ago I remember reading in the LA Times that Lasorda's Italian Restaurant, in Pasadena, on Fairoaks was shut down for 2 weeks because the rat urine exceeded the allowable levels. I was shocked that there isn't "zero tolerance".
There is no statute on "Rat Urine" there are rules about some things found IN rat urine (Leptospirosis etc.) and I'll admit I don't know what levels are "acceptable" but it's entirely possible that "allowable levels" are zero in the case of dangerous pathogens that may be found in rat urine and that's just the wording they use. I don't really feel like battering my way through CA restaurant health code to find out, but having worked in kitchens I assure you there is no test for rat urine. It's a myth that gets told about soda cans too.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Old 06-13-2019, 09:10 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
I watched a lot of the trial as well and I was astonished at the glove episode which gave Johnny Cochran his famous line in closing. What a colossal mistake that the veteran prosecutor Marcia Clark never in a million years should have allowed to happen. And the decision not to put in evidence of the attempted flight was also, to me, inexplicable.
A glove that has been wet and dried out and an uncooperative witness? What could possibly go wrong? I always wondered why they didn't buy the identical glove and have someone with demonstrably larger hands (or maybe even a cast of OJ's hands, but that could be tricky too as you really need to move your hand to put on a glove) put it on. I mean OJ "struggling" to put on that glove was such bad theater.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:13 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Quote:
Excerpt from a 2008 email from Brent in an exchange about why he was selling cards for Gary.

"I'm not ignorant, and I know what Gary does for a living..."
The scent of Bill Mastro hangs in the air.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:15 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

With all the time people spend in court and money on attorneys, you'd think they would know the law a bit better.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 06-13-2019, 09:17 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeck100 View Post
Leon you raise a great point. A large percentage of respondents weren't using PWCC prior and so while their opinion matters for this poll it has no bearing on the future impact of PWCC.

I have been wearing Nike Air Max since I was 17. For the last 23 years I have only worn this type of athletic shoe. They have raised the price over time and the last pair I purchased was over $200. Nike in my view has the best styling and performance you can find and for that I am a loyal customer. Last year they did the unthinkable and ran adds with Colin Kaepernick. I despise that guy. How on earth could Nike alienate such a large percentage of their customer base in favor of making a political statement? In mass there was outrage on social media. Their stock dropped on the news. Videos of long time customers burning their products and swearing never to buy from them again. Here we sit a year later and I have never seen the add once, their stock is back to right where it was, you never hear anyone saying they are done with Nike, and my next pair of shoes will still be Air Max.

I shave six to seven days a week. I use the Gillette five blade and Edge shave gel. There have been loads of new products come onto the market. Cheaper blades, fancy shave creams and I still use the same formula that works for me. Gillette releases an add focusing on Toxic Masculinity. WTF??? Their vision is for all men to be beta male soy boys after for years showcasing studs that get chicks. Outrage ensues. Social media is exploding. Their idiotic video is shared countless times and the response was so bad they deleted thousands of comments from it on Youtube. My wife even said Dave I don't want Gillette products in our home. Here I sit as I type this and once more all of this has gone away. I still use the Gillette five blade and will continue to because in my view it is the best razor blade on the market.

This saga will pass in time. Collecting is an individual choice where people put their hard earned money into collectibles and to completely boycott the seller won't last. I am confident plenty of people saying this today will eventually turn and purchase from them once more. The same people consigning to PWCC could simply send the cards to Probstein. Are you going to boycott all consignment sellers? Of course not. Many of us search daily for specific cards or ones that could enhance our collections and I am not going to give up on that just because there is the appearance of wrong doing. It is laughable to think that all PWCC auctioned cards are bad. Reading comments on various boards that all high grade cards are suspect. Give me a break. I have self subbed a ton. Many others have too.
You're equating possible criminal behavior with social issue marketing with which you disagree.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:28 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
What if someone starts digging into heritage, rea, goldin, etc and finds before and after scans for a few hundred cards? Should we stop buying from all of them? Should we automatically assume the AH is at fault?
YES!!!!!!, You are very dopey, mcdope dope
Old 06-13-2019, 09:29 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
The scent of Bill Mastro hangs in the air.
You mean, Brent Mastro... The sneakier, new improved version
Old 06-13-2019, 09:30 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
A glove that has been wet and dried out and an uncooperative witness? What could possibly go wrong? I always wondered why they didn't buy the identical glove and have someone with demonstrably larger hands (or maybe even a cast of OJ's hands, but that could be tricky too as you really need to move your hand to put on a glove) put it on. I mean OJ "struggling" to put on that glove was such bad theater.
The funny thing is, to me watching that fiasco..... Those gloves were MONSTROUS and they fit him like a glove. Take off those stupid latex gloves underneath. The ugly ass shoes fit perfect too.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 06-13-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:36 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
QED. He knew what Gary did, trust me. Was he alone? No, not at all, many people did and do the same thing, to some extent for Gary and for many other card doctors. But that doesn't excuse Brent. He knowingly sold altered cards for money. He knew it was wrong. It isn't any more complicated than that.
Spot on!

It is mind boggling, confusing, shocking and a whole host of other descriptions that people are still willing to purchase, and in essence, support PWCC after what has been exposed about them to date.

I guess I will never understand the rationality behind it? To me, its like continuing to purchase something from a dept store or another business that is well known to sell suspect merchandise or known to rip off its customers.

Also, like I stated before, with PWCC being a top selling entity. Does anyone honestly think they would be as well known/popular as they are if they didn't sell these supposed high end PSA 8, 9's, and 10 cards?

Take away all the doctored/known cards that have been discovered to date and what do you have? Nothing. They would be nothing more than an average ebay selling entity.
They got to that status/popularity by being dishonest, deceitful, crooked and corrupt and if anyone can't see that, then you simply have the blinders on or lack the mental aptitude to grasp that fact.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:38 AM
David Peck

[QUOTE=Aquarian Sports Cards;1888471]You're equating possible criminal behavior with social issue marketing with which you disagree.[/QUOTe

The only issue here for most people is that they have done something that may tarnish their brand. PWCC has 44,648 completed listings on the most recent EBAY search. They are just like Nike and just like Gillette and sell products to consumers. They are the premium brand just like these two are in the sports collectables market.

There are a lot of sellers that would like to see harm done to them because it would once more open up business opportunities for them that at the present no longer exist.

When you think of the best cards offered on EBAY they are the first name that comes to mind. I think just like the two examples I gave that there are a lot of upset people that will over time move on.

There is a lot of value in a brand. If they have done un repairable damage to that brand we will find out in the coming months. I would bet they haven't because the products they offer are what consumers are looking for.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:38 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
I watched a lot of the trial as well and I was astonished at the glove episode which gave Johnny Cochran his famous line in closing. What a colossal mistake that the veteran prosecutor Marcia Clark never in a million years should have allowed to happen. And the decision not to put in evidence of the attempted flight was also, to me, inexplicable.
FYI, Marcia Clark did not want him to try on the gloves. She wanted to have him try them on in chambers without the latex gloves underneath or not at all. It was Chris Darden who made the surprise move after F U Bailey got into his head and said to him "If you don't ask for him to try on the gloves, we will. The scenario has been played out in the ESPN's made in America.

Jesse could have been on the OJ Jury because he could not see the MOUNTAIN of evidence.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 06-13-2019 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:54 AM
Peter Spaeth

I wonder if the great lyricist Frank Burkett can do a version of Tainted Love called Tainted Stuff?

Old 06-13-2019, 09:55 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Spot on!

It is mind boggling, confusing, shocking and a whole host of other descriptions that people are still willing to purchase, and in essence, support PWCC after what has been exposed about them to date.

I guess I will never understand the rationality behind it? To me, its like continuing to purchase something from a dept store or another business that is well known to sell suspect merchandise or known to rip off its customers.

Also, like I stated before, with PWCC being a top selling entity. Does anyone honestly think they would be as well known/popular as they are if they didn't sell these supposed high end PSA 8, 9's, and 10 cards?

Take away all the doctored/known cards that have been discovered to date and what do you have? Nothing. They would be nothing more than an average ebay selling entity.
They got to that status/popularity by being dishonest, deceitful, crooked and corrupt and if anyone can't see that, then you simply have the blinders on or lack the mental aptitude to grasp that fact.
See my signature line.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinbulldog View Post
Certainly true that social desirability effects can significantly sway poll results, but I can attest that in the case of the example you raised, much of it comes down to ability (not that I ever threatened to leave the country if a certain election didn't turn out as I'd hoped, but right after one particular election, and with no vacation plans, my wife and I did go to the trouble of getting passports for all of our kids, including a toddler, and looking for jobs and houses in New Zealand; it just turned out we didn't get any of the jobs that would have allowed us to buy any of the houses, or we'd be there now). Anyway, anyone should be capable of not consigning to or buying from a particular AH.
Actually both of my next door neighbors did leave when our current President was elected. In the case of one of them ... it was a loss to our country ... or at least to the number of beautiful and rich women in my neighborhood.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:25 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Spot on!

Hi Irv, I think most don't believe what they are posting. Just covering their ASS-ets.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:42 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
I wonder if the great lyricist Frank Burkett can do a version of Tainted Love called Tainted Stuff?
Tainted Stuff

PWCC I've got to run away
I've got to stay away
From the stuff you drive into the heart of me
The love we share has ended in dispair.
Since you've lost your light to Gary you turn - can you sleep at night
Once I ran to you
now I'll run from you
This tainted stuff you've given
supported by your tenets, don't justify
Take my tears and refund, refund my
Tainted stuff, tainted stuff
Now I know I've got to run away

I've got Blowout to show me the way.
You now really want them to just shut up
To make things right you need someone to lock you up
And you think the hobby needs your stuff, but
tainted stuff is now on display
The jokers will run to you
filling your pockets is the only fun to you
But this tainted stuff you're peddling
Will get the authorities meddling
Take my name off your list
Of tainted stuff, tainted stuff
Me and my friends are really pissed.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:27 AM
Peter Spaeth

Sing it accompanying yourself on sax and post the video.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:38 AM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
It's not just Gary. There are lots of guys doing this work and have been for decades. Sigh. And yes many AHs take their cards. I had an extraordinary conversation with one of them a few years back, it was quite the wake up call to what really goes on.
Peter, let me start by saying that you and I are on the same team. I share your extreme distaste for the BS in this hobby. My eyes have been opened here, and I'm adjusting my collecting accordingly.

But you keep alluding to this well of knowledge about other card doctors and AHs that might be complicit as well.

My question is - why not share that knowledge? Tell us about that conversation. Give us the details.

With all due respect, I don't know how 100s of snarky posts help advance the hobby at this point. Many of us would benefit by hearing what you know vs. just what you think about the topic at hand. The latter has been well established, but I know many would benefit from your knowledge as it might help others avoid potential landmines. I say that without any sarcasm at all.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:44 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Sing it accompanying yourself on sax and post the video.
I want to be the guy who just plays the "DANH DANH" on the keyboard.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:57 AM
Peter Spaeth

Sam I have shared what I know with law enforcement. They read the boards and any time they want to talk to me again they know how to reach me. I'm not outing names on a public message board at this point. Candidly, it carries risks and when I see person after person posting they are going to buy anyway I don't see much point. Most of these guys aren't selling directly anyhow, so outing the names would not help anyone avoid them. My point is simply to convey that the recent revelations are not isolated and people who care need to be very diligent.

The gist of the conversation I referenced was that that AH regularly took consignments of cards from card doctors, and that many of his fellow AHs did the same, and that any collector who truly cared about not having altered cards needed to be very careful buying high grade cards out of AHs. I think that's probably true nowadays for mid grade significant cards with high eye appeal too, I'm sorry to say. It affects a whole lot of us.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-13-2019 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:14 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Sam I have shared what I know with law enforcement. They read the boards and any time they want to talk to me again they know how to reach me. I'm not outing names on a public message board at this point. Candidly, it carries risks and when I see person after person posting they are going to buy anyway I don't see much point. Most of these guys aren't selling directly anyhow, so outing the names would not help anyone avoid them. My point is simply to convey that the recent revelations are not isolated and people who care need to be very diligent.

The gist of the conversation I referenced was that that AH regularly took consignments of cards from card doctors, and that many of his fellow AHs did the same, and that any collector who truly cared about not having altered cards needed to be very careful buying high grade cards out of AHs. I think that's probably true nowadays for mid grade significant cards with high eye appeal too, I'm sorry to say. It affects a whole lot of us.
Yes... mid-grade is impacted perhaps the most. There is a new flood of exposed cards that has not even been discussed here...

Anyone who voted for the 3rd option in the poll really needs to read the Mantle thread on Blowout. If it’s too long for you, just review pages 110 - 116 which are the most recent. These card doctors can even repair actual tears in the card and get them past PSA. The scope of this is far wider than PSA portrays, and likely much more prevalent than many people here are aware.

vvvvv VIEW PAGES 110 - 116 BY CLICKING LINK vvvvv

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showth...90614&page=116
Old 06-13-2019, 12:32 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:

Thanks for the response. I do appreciate you sharing what you know with people who might be able to do something. Let's hope they do.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:44 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Tainted Stuff

PWCC I've got to run away
I've got to stay away
From the stuff you drive into the heart of me
The love we share has ended in dispair.
Since you've lost your light to Gary you turn - can you sleep at night
Once I ran to you
now I'll run from you
This tainted stuff you've given
supported by your tenets, don't justify
Take my tears and refund, refund my
Tainted stuff, tainted stuff
Now I know I've got to run away

I've got Blowout to show me the way.
You now really want them to just shut up
To make things right you need someone to lock you up
And you think the hobby needs your stuff, but
tainted stuff is now on display
The jokers will run to you
filling your pockets is the only fun to you
But this tainted stuff you're peddling
Will get the authorities meddling
Take my name off your list
Of tainted stuff, tainted stuff
Me and my friends are really pissed.

Darn it, Frank - I think I stained an oblique laughing at that!

/

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 06-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Jeff

Bottom line it seems is that a large portion of the hobby doesn't know and will likely never know about most of this. That leaves a smaller portion in which a significant amount of folks care less about bad acts/actors and being cheated than not getting what they want.

As long as the flip is "the coin of the realm" ain't much going to change in my opinion.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 06-13-2019, 12:57 PM
John Startleman

This was from early in the thread, but I just laughed out loud when someone said they needed "video evidence" to believe PWCC was involved in this completely obvious fraud. Hilarious. Try changing that guy's mind on ANYTHING. He's dug in like a tick.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:15 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardtheory View Post
This was from early in the thread, but I just laughed out loud when someone said they needed "video evidence" to believe PWCC was involved in this completely obvious fraud. Hilarious. Try changing that guy's mind on ANYTHING. He's dug in like a tick.
Yeah, I’m beginning to think there’s nothing more we can do. Of the people polled, over half now say they’ll still buy from PWCC, as opposed to those who’s minds have changed. And that’s within a forum devoted specifically to advanced collectors... must be a far greater percentage when you incorporate collectors who aren’t even aware of net54 or BO.

I suppose no amount of overwhelming evidence will sway them. I was completely unaware of the number of people who are in this just for money. A real eye-opener.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:20 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Darn it, Frank - I think I stained an oblique laughing at that!

/

PWCC can send it to Moser to have it removed

Old 06-13-2019, 01:29 PM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Yeah, I’m beginning to think there’s nothing more we can do. Of the people polled, over half now say they’ll still buy from PWCC, as opposed to those who’s minds have changed. And that’s within a forum devoted specifically to advanced collectors... must be a far greater percentage when you incorporate collectors who aren’t even aware of net54 or BO.

I suppose no amount of overwhelming evidence will sway them. I was completely unaware of the number of people who are in this just for money. A real eye-opener.

It is not about money its about supply.

I just checked my EBAY history and the last purchase I made through PWCC was September 26 and I spent $20.80 before shipping. Their shipping by the way is miles ahead of almost all EBAY participants. These two cards I won well below my max bids.

Prior to that I won a card on July 26th for $90. Guess what there hasn't been one listed since. We are approaching a year.

I could live without all three of these cards but in June they listed a card I really wanted. I am not going to just let someone else win that card I want because the internet thinks I should boycott a seller.

You will notice all that have said they will continue to purchase from them haven't once said those that wouldn't are stupid. The same can't be said for the opposite.

I am betting on human behavior and I believe the supply will continue to attract the bids.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
PWCC can send it to Moser to have it removed

While I definitely 'fat-fingered' that, it's actually funnier that way.

At my age, I actually can 'stain' things when laughing...and that's no laughing matter.

You're missing a lot in life if you can't laugh at yourself.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 06-13-2019, 01:54 PM
John Startleman

Quote:
It is not about money its about supply.

I just checked my EBAY history and the last purchase I made through PWCC was September 26 and I spent $20.80 before shipping. Their shipping by the way is miles ahead of almost all EBAY participants. These two cards I won well below my max bids.

Prior to that I won a card on July 26th for $90. Guess what there hasn't been one listed since. We are approaching a year.

I could live without all three of these cards but in June they listed a card I really wanted. I am not going to just let someone else win that card I want because the internet thinks I should boycott a seller.

You will notice all that have said they will continue to purchase from them haven't once said those that wouldn't are stupid. The same can't be said for the opposite.

I am betting on human behavior and I believe the supply will continue to attract the bids.
You do you. Just don't cry to anyone when it burns you. They sell altered cards. Caught red-handed. Most collectors don't like altered cards. You can't say squat if/when it affects your collection negatively. I have probably spent thousands with PWCC, which means I probably have some altered cards in my collection and so do you. Never getting a penny again. You can do whatever you want.

Last edited by sportscardtheory; 06-13-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:59 PM
David Peck

Quote:
You do you. Just don't cry to anyone when it burns you. They sell altered cards. Caught red-handed. Most collectors don't like altered cards. You can't say squat if/when it affects your collection negatively. I have probably spent thousands with PWCC, which means I probably have some altered cards in my collection and so do you. Never getting a penny again. You can do whatever you want.
So are you going to boycott Probstein?

Many of the people who send cards to PWCC use him too.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:07 PM
David Peck

If you do a search by PSA on EBAY by highest price 20 of the top 25 cards with bids being auctioned off right now are through PWCC.

For collectors to simply boycott them isn't going to be easy.

Last edited by Dpeck100; 06-13-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:11 PM
John Startleman

Quote:

I'm boycotting PWCC. Probstein has nothing to do with PWCC.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:11 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:

I know right?

Funny how the Blow out detectives haven't found any cards linked to him

edited maybe one or two bought, none sold I believe

Last edited by Republicaninmass; 06-13-2019 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:12 PM
John Startleman

Quote:
If you do a search by PSA on EBAY by highest price 20 of the top 25 cards with bids being auctioned off right now are through PWCC.

For collectors to simply boycott them isn't going to be easy.
It's easy for me. I see their listings, I move along. I spend my money elsewhere. If that's hard for you or anyone else, that's a personal issue.

Last edited by sportscardtheory; 06-13-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:13 PM
John Startleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
I know right?

Funny how the Blow out detectives haven't found any cards linked to him

edited maybe one or two bought, none sold I believe
If you can show that Probstein has done the same crap, then show us. I know they have a shady history too, but not to this extent, to my knowledge, so far.

Last edited by sportscardtheory; 06-13-2019 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:18 PM
David Peck

Quote:
If you can show that Probstein has done the same crap, then show us. I know they have a shady history too, but not to this extent, to my knowledge, so far.

I know for fact the same names that you see listed on Blowout send cards to both.

People are fooling themselves if they think that somehow they insulate themselves by avoiding PWCC.

One of the names that was listed a month or so back runs his own auctions. I was outed as someone who had made a comment about winning a card from him.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I'm boycotting PWCC. Probstein has nothing to do with PWCC.

...but, he's still DEAD to me!!!

=

Old 06-13-2019, 02:20 PM
John Startleman

Quote:
I know for fact the same names that you see listed on Blowout send cards to both.

People are fooling themselves if they think that somehow they insulate themselves by avoiding PWCC.

One of the names that was listed a month or so back runs his own auctions. I was outed as someone who had made a comment about winning a card from him.
I can see the mountain of evidence against PWCC. You are MORE than welcome to show me reoccurring and consistent evidence from any other seller and/or consignor. I'll be waiting.

Last edited by sportscardtheory; 06-13-2019 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:22 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

hmm nice t206 EPDG back bought at

Heritage

yet sold via PWCC

I wonder who paid that invoice and where it was shipped?

They must be utilizing PWCC because he gets more eyeballs not because

A. He used PWCC_auctions to bid up his own account

B. Advises people what to bid on

Old 06-13-2019, 02:25 PM
David Peck

Quote:
I can see the mountain of evidence against PWCC. You are MORE than welcome to show me reoccurring and consistent evidence from any other seller and/or consignor. I'll be waiting.
The reason Probstein isn't being mentioned is because PWCC stole so much of their business.

In the top 25 I pointed too only 2 are Probstein. Rewind the clock five or six years ago and he had as much if not more of the high end of the market than PWCC did.