NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-19-2015, 07:18 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Shout Outs for Net54baseball board members & New Net54baseball Pins

Last week my family and I were in Colorado on vacation. One of our members, Jeff_cvc, PM'd me and asked if my family and I would come visit him at his restaurant, Sazza, http://sazzarestaurant.com/, a wonderfully original Pizza place in Greenwood Village CO. We love pizza so how could I say no? We got there kind of late and Jeff, his wife and kids made my wife, daughter and myself feel right at home. We had great pizzas and the biggest piece of cake I think I have ever seen for a desert. It was out of this world and my wife and daughter had about 3 desserts each out of it. Everything was just great. If anyone is ever in the area I recommend their wood-burning stove, custom pizzas and down home hospitality to anyone. Thanks Jeff, much appreciated.

Then last night I got a box from our long time member Bub.ba Lamb. Bubba has been gracious enough to make the National Net54baseball pins for us for several years, absolutely free. I have 75-100 of them he just made so if you want one come by Scott's and my table at the National and pick one up. And if you ever need trophies or promo items they do a great job. After the National I will take requests to send pins out to our members on a first come first served basis. Thanks again Bubba!! http://www.orlandoawards.com/

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pin.jpg (59.2 KB, 574 views)
Old 07-19-2015, 08:06 AM
K Farrell

That pin is cool - how big is it?
Old 07-19-2015, 08:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default the return of the quarter..

It's this big...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfireschulte View Post
That pin is cool - how big is it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pin2.jpg (77.9 KB, 521 views)
Old 07-19-2015, 08:18 AM
Dave

Sweet pins! Thanks Bubba!

Leon, what is your table number at the National? Sorry if I missed it somewhere else.

Dave
Successful transactions with: polakoff, Paul S, xplainer, marvymelvin, lordstan, Thromdog, pow323, Golfcollector, OldJudge, frankbmd, kamikidEFFL, jcc6252, sam majors, t206fix, brian29575, bbsports, jfkheat
Old 07-19-2015, 09:23 AM
Daryl

That pin design is great!
Old 07-19-2015, 09:25 AM
J0$H B^ck!ey

If there are any left after the National I'll gladly take one. Beautiful work Bubb.
22/39 Unique Backs 56%
80/86 Minors 93%
25/48 Southern Leaguers 52%
6/10 Billy Sullivan back run 60%

237PSA / 94 SGC / 98 RAW

Excel spreadsheets only $5
T3, T201, T202, T204, T205, T206, T207, 1914 CJ, 1915 CJ, Topps 1952-1979, and more!!!!

Checklists sold (20)

T205 8/208 3.8%
Old 07-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Our table will be 1019P

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEnglishD View Post
Sweet pins! Thanks Bubba!

Leon, what is your table number at the National? Sorry if I missed it somewhere else.

Dave
Old 07-19-2015, 10:14 AM

Great pin. Sorry I won't make the National. But, starting to think about Atlantic City.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Jeff R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Last week my family and I were in Colorado on vacation. One of our members, Jeff_cvc, PM'd me and asked if my family and I would come visit him at his restaurant, Sazza, http://sazzarestaurant.com/, a wonderfully original Pizza place in Greenwood Village CO. We love pizza so how could I say no? We got there kind of late and Jeff, his wife and kids made my wife, daughter and myself feel right at home. We had great pizzas and the biggest piece of cake I think I have ever seen for a desert. It was out of this world and my wife and daughter had about 3 desserts each out of it. Everything was just great. If anyone is ever in the area I recommend their wood-burning stove, custom pizzas and down home hospitality to anyone. Thanks Jeff, much appreciated.

Then last night I got a box from our long time member Bub.ba Lamb. Bubba has been gracious enough to make the National Net54baseball pins for us for several years, absolutely free. I have 75-100 of them he just made so if you want one come by Scott's and my table at the National and pick one up. And if you ever need trophies or promo items they do a great job. After the National I will take requests to send pins out to our members on a first come first served basis. Thanks again Bubba!! http://www.orlandoawards.com/

What a great surprise to jump on the forum today and see a shout out from Leon. Thank you!

For all of you who have not met Leon, first let me assure you, this board is in very good hands. Leon is exactly what he comes across on the forum as in person. He is honest, humble, straightforward, and an absolute pleasure to talk with. To take time out of his vacation at last minute notice to drive an hour round trip from his hotel to visit with me (a novice collector at best) and my family says a lot about the integrity of Leon. His family was wonderful to chat with and his daughter (who is going to SMU this fall and her education is being financially supported by Leon's collection of 20+ years in Heritage auction right now) was such a sweet young lady and deserving of the adulation Leon gives her. My only regret was not having more time to pick Leon's brain about cardboard. I could of easily talked through the night, but our wives were starting to roll their eyes at all the baseball chatter. Nonetheless, as I told Leon, this forum has given me so much that hosting Leon at our restaurant was such a small token of appreciation. The amount of knowledge openly shared is literally worth it's weight in gold. Thank you to all the members here for enriching my love of baseball and collecting these old pieces of cardboard.

Bubba, the pins are very cool, if any are left after Nationals, count me in.

Lastly, if anyone is in the greater Denver area and want to chat about the hobby, please contact me and let's talk over some pizza!
Successful Net54 transactions with: t206fix x2, Shammus, mybuddyinc x3, FrankWakefield, Brian Van Horn, Jrsox, Vintagetoppsguy, powderfinger, Bocabirdman x2, Baseball*Collectibles, bcbgcbrcb, Vintageismygame, usernamealreadytaken, oldjudge x2, Joshchisox08, rocarroll, Voodoochild, Sebie43 and frankbmd and more...
Old 07-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Archive

Those are some cool pins!
Old 07-19-2015, 06:13 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
It's this big...
This made me LOL.

Nice job by Bubba!
Old 07-20-2015, 08:51 AM
Anthony Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark evans View Post
Great pin. Sorry I won't make the National. But, starting to think about Atlantic City.
+1
Old 07-31-2015, 09:45 PM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

Glad everyone likes the pins!

Wish I could be with you all at The National, but just finished up a 2 week family trip. (Alaska/Canada)

I gave Leon a few more pins than previous years, so hopefully there will be enough to go around.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:02 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Bubba
Thanks again. They have been well received. When I get back from the National I should be able to send out quite a few to folks who couldn't make it. LL

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterose4hof View Post
Glad everyone likes the pins!

Wish I could be with you all at The National, but just finished up a 2 week family trip. (Alaska/Canada)

I gave Leon a few more pins than previous years, so hopefully there will be enough to go around.

Last edited by Leon; 08-01-2015 at 01:03 AM.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:28 AM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default Pin

Nice pin

now that's Wagner and Cobb in the middle..who is that on the ends... Walter Johnson ?...and ?
Old 08-01-2015, 05:37 AM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangman62 View Post
Nice pin

now that's Wagner and Cobb in the middle..who is that on the ends... Walter Johnson ?...and ?
Christy Mathewson. The design was used for the most recent Net54 T-shirt.