NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-09-2014, 11:00 AM

Default Ebay Scammer

Thought I'd share another scammer selling a fake 33' Goudey Gehrig, T206 Cobb, and 52' Topps Mantle. What I love about this guy is that if you go through his feedback you can see that on 10.11.14 he bought the Lou Gehrig as a reprint for 1 cent. I emailed the guy asking if the Gehrig was real and he said he had taken it to shows and shops and most people think it is real. I then responded that the card was the same reprint you bought on 10.11 to which he did not respond. Classic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lou-Gehrig-1...item3cedeb8073
Old 12-11-2014, 08:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees23 View Post
Thought I'd share another scammer selling a fake 33' Goudey Gehrig, T206 Cobb, and 52' Topps Mantle. What I love about this guy is that if you go through his feedback you can see that on 10.11.14 he bought the Lou Gehrig as a reprint for 1 cent. I emailed the asguy asking if the Gehrig was real and he said he had taken it to shows and shops and most people think it is real. I then responded that the card was the same reprint you bought on 10.11 to which he did not respond. Classic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lou-Gehrig-1...item3cedeb8073
Scammers don't like to be caught. I love shining lights on roaches (so to speak) to watch them scurry. It never hurts to publicize these guys so thanks for posting it.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Mark

I D 10 T

couldn't even wait until his purchase dropped off of the advanced search?
Old 12-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Dan Bretta

He's relisted it as an "RP"....I guess it pains him to call it a reprint. Also he says "his loss could be your gain."
Old 12-12-2014, 05:58 AM
Dan Bretta

I had an email conversation with this guy letting him know that he's being discussed in a collector's forum. Here is his response to me.

"There pulled but I'm not the only one in this world who has boughten something on here and resold it its ebay a world wide garage sale and flea market I did put rp on it not my fault people were bidding on it"

He has now changed his ebay name to "daddyof41336".
Old 12-12-2014, 02:08 PM

Default Ebay scammer

How I see it is yes he was wrong for trying to put it up there as the real deal but the bidders are just as dumb for bidding on these items but that's the risk one takes because if you guys can see where he bought that card for a penny as a RP so can the bidders so instead of emailing him and messaging him the obvious you guys should've done that to the bidders but hey don't be mad at him the mickey card had a bid at about 350 the ty was 80 so was lou he had RP in description and in the notes again that's the risk we all take on ebay I'm sure that guy isn't the only one on ebay doing that just look there's thousands of cards that are being sold like that and why do you guys care your not bidding on it and it's not on any baseball card websites one could say your mad cuz he was gonna make money on them again that's on the bidders
Old 12-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armystrong7979 View Post
How I see it is yes he was wrong for trying to put it up there as the real deal but the bidders are just as dumb for bidding on these items but that's the risk one takes because if you guys can see where he bought that card for a penny as a RP so can the bidders so instead of emailing him and messaging him the obvious you guys should've done that to the bidders but hey don't be mad at him the mickey card had a bid at about 350 the ty was 80 so was lou he had RP in description and in the notes again that's the risk we all take on ebay I'm sure that guy isn't the only one on ebay doing that just look there's thousands of cards that are being sold like that and why do you guys care your not bidding on it and it's not on any baseball card websites one could say your mad cuz he was gonna make money on them again that's on the bidders
Wow. Where do I begin? I am presuming that you are not the scammer though many on the board will probably think other wise. First, he was trying to sell an item that he knew was a reproduction because he bought it as such. I don't give a damn about what ebay allows people to get away with or not. That is fraud and it is a crime. The fact that it is difficult to prosecute does not make it less of a crime. Only a morally bankrupt moron would think that it is okay to cheat people because "it is on them". Second, it would help people to understand your run on rant if you used the punctuation marks on your keyboard.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:48 PM

No I am not the scammer just saying if people are going to rip him over it then yall need to get on eBay and do the same to them because there are thousands n thousands doing the same thing not just with sports cards but everyday items I agree it was wrong but the bidders are just as stupid because if you few know there RP im sure they do too start contacting the bidders and let them know as well I'm on the fence on this one not I'm not agreeing with the seller just saying he is doing what a lot on there do and the bidders should no better bid with confidence
Old 12-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
I'm on the fence on this one not I'm not agreeing with the seller just saying he is doing what a lot on there do and the bidders should no better bid with confidence
Seriously? The seller buys a reprint for less than a nickel, tries to sell it as real, then when caught adds 'rp' to his description, then STILL gets it ripped down by ebay because he is....scamming. And you are on the fence?!?

I hope there are spikes on that fence and that you fell on it from two stories.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:20 PM
N@te

This has to be the longest sentence I've ever tried reading.

Long story short, no one deserves to be scammed, so don't point the finger at the buyer and say they shoulda woulda coulda. Everyone should do their hw, but at the end of the day, it's the sellers fault 100%.

Quote:

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl
Old 12-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Dan Bretta

Ummmm....how stupid does this Armystrong7979 guy think we are? The original seller name of the fake Gehrig card was stonesour7979. He also has the exact grammar errors in his email to me that he posted here. I told him what forum he was being discussed on.

The scammer has made his appearance in this thread.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 12-12-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:15 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
No I am not the scammer just saying if people are going to rip him over it then yall need to get on eBay and do the same to them because there are thousands n thousands doing the same thing not just with sports cards but everyday items I agree it was wrong but the bidders are just as stupid because if you few know there RP im sure they do too start contacting the bidders and let them know as well I'm on the fence on this one not I'm not agreeing with the seller just saying he is doing what a lot on there do and the bidders should no better bid with confidence
just quoting this before he deletes his post.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:58 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Quote:
1) Take a breath;

2) Your logic is illogical;

3) Anyone that buys a reprint and then tries to sell it without listing it as a reprint is a both a crook and a punk and deserves a punch in the chops.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
1) Take a breath;

2) Your logic is illogical;

3) Anyone that buys a reprint and then tries to sell it without listing it as a reprint is a both a crook and a punk and deserves a punch in the chops.
not sure a "crook and a punk" or "punch in the chops" is generation correct... I'd go with "douche and a sh*tstain" and "throat punch"...

(sorry but it had to be said, or written in this case)
Old 12-12-2014, 05:57 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by lug-nut View Post
not sure a "crook and a punk" or "punch in the chops" is generation correct... I'd go with "douche and a sh*tstain" and "throat punch"...

(sorry but it had to be said, or written in this case)
U could be right.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:08 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

I think this thread is fun. Don't you think this thread is fun? I think this thread is a lot of fun.

I think run on sentences are fun. Don't you think run on sentences are fun? I think run on sentences are a lot of fun.

I think stupid people are fun. Don't you think stupid people are fun? I think stupid people are a lot of fun.

Last edited by btcarfagno; 12-12-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:13 PM
Eric Perry

In any event, any scumbag scammer wandering into Net54, trying to publicly justify a business model designed to rip people off, should be put through the ringer and asked to explain their actions.

Just my two cents.

Best regards,

Eric

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra

Last edited by Eric72; 12-12-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Hi Gruber

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 12-12-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Dan Bretta

Heh...some douchebag just pulled my information from ebay. His name is Chandler Thompson. His ebay user id is thous.3xut2dr - he has nothing for sale, but I checked his feedback left for others and not surprisingly his grammar and misspellings match up with our scammer. I got a phone number too, but he didn't answer the phone when I called.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Randy Trierweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Hi Gruber
You crack me up Frank.

I spit my Pepsi up on that one
Old 12-12-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnVme7 View Post
Long story short, no one deserves to be scammed, so don't point the finger at the buyer and say they shoulda woulda coulda. Everyone should do their hw, but at the end of the day, it's the sellers fault 100%.
Well said!
Old 12-13-2014, 11:05 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by lug-nut View Post
I D 10 T

couldn't even wait until his purchase dropped off of the advanced search?
are you still able to do a search of someone's purchases? If so, please tell me how. I used to enjoy seeing what my friends/competitors were buying. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:10 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Something should be done to your English teachers.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 12-13-2014, 11:13 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
I am getting a headache reading this scammers posts but I do have one question,, you say that board members should notify the bidders, just how do we do that??
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 12-13-2014, 11:17 AM
Richard Simon

He has relisted this card.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lou-Gehrig-1...item3cee79964f

You just got to marvel at these illiterate douche bags.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 12-13-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:57 AM

You notify the bidders the same way I was notified. If I wanna use punctuation I will I use my phone not computer. I'm not illiterate I have a masters in restaurant mgmt I just choose not to punctuate.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalcollector View Post
You crack me up Frank.

I spit my Pepsi up on that one
Hey Randy, did you spit it up because of Frank's comment....
Or because it was Pepsi?? 😝
Old 12-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
You notify the bidders the same way I was notified. If I wanna use punctuation I will I use my phone not computer. I'm not illiterate I have a masters in restaurant mgmt I just choose not to punctuate.
The prior post said the seller was illiterate, not you.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:38 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbeachley View Post
The prior post said the seller was illiterate, not you.
no punctuation required
Attached Images
File Type: jpg august-alsina-hanging.jpg (67.6 KB, 145 views)

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:48 PM
Randy Trierweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
Hey Randy, did you spit it up because of Frank's comment....
Or because it was Pepsi?? 😝
It was Franks comment, not the first time its happened either.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:52 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
If I wanna use punctuation I will I use my phone not computer.
I can't even imagine what a post typed on your phone would look like, if this is coming from an actual keyboard.

Please, please - use your phone...just once!
Old 12-13-2014, 12:59 PM

I am using my phone I said I don't use computers I will type how I want to if no one likes it don't read it then that simple
Old 12-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I can't even imagine what a post typed on your phone would look like, if this is coming from an actual keyboard.

Please, please - use your phone...just once!

His phone may be smarter than ..........

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
I am using my phone I said I don't use computers I will type how I want to if no one likes it don't read it then that simple
You haven't been selling Lou Gehrig home run balls, have you?
Old 12-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Steve Woe.lfel

Quote:
I, for one, love this new member. He combines the irrationality of Adrian, the scumbaggery of Joey Farino, and the cluelessness of Chao.

He's like the JJ Watt of Net54, just a freak of nature!!
T206 SLers: 11/48
T206 Back Run: 28/39

Desiderata

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Strive to be happy.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:07 PM

Lol uhm no are we done here? I just think it's funny how everyone has nothing better to do than keep posting on this thread, when it didn't affect anyone on here. How's that punctuation? Can everyone understand now. You guys need to get lives and stop worrying about everyone else.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:11 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Geez, you really are stupid.
How are we supposed to write to the bidders?
The only person who can see the full name of the bidders is you.
But since you have told us to write to the bidders, then please list them all here so we can write to them and warn them about your auctions.
--
Old 12-13-2014, 01:15 PM

OMG my point exact you guys really don't have lives if you are still talking about all this get a life move on and stop picking and nagging like a housewife.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:19 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387
Default hobby moniters itself

if it were not hobbyist notifying other hobbyists about scam seller.... lots of buyers would be scammed.....

it not unusual for buyers to notify other buyers of potential scams even if the buyer doing the notifying is not part of the deal in any way.....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 12-13-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:23 PM

And I agree did it once I pulled them just did what a lot of people do on ebay I've moved made my apologies and people keep on going on and on so there's more to talk about than this. Anyone know where I can get peyton mannings 98 sp authentic RC besides on ebay? I know this is a baseball forum but thought I would still ask
Old 12-13-2014, 01:30 PM
Brock

Quote:
You haven't been selling Lou Gehrig home run balls, have you?
Man you really are obsessed with me. You need a life Scott! Also please show me where I tried selling the baseball as a lou Gehrig homerun. Sorry that I thought this board once again was a PLACE TO ASK QUESTIONS. But based on how you reply to people, i guess members aren't allowed to ask questions about items.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:33 PM

I hear Ya Brock I screwed up once and everyone thinks I murdered there dam cat
Old 12-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Bill Gregory

Hey, it's the fault of the bidders for believing that the seller of an item would be ethical, and disclose that a card being represented as real was actually a reprint. I mean, that's the chance they take on eBay, right? It's up to the individual bidders to confirm the veracity of the information contained within an auction, and if they should spend $500 on a reprint the seller bought for a penny, well, they'll just have to learn their lesson the hard way, right?

No pussyfooting around here. I'll call this guy a charlatan.

You see, Mr. Charlatan, we do have lives. We're not like nagging housewives at all. Usually, we are quite friendly, and helpful. I for one am willing to give just about anybody the benefit of the doubt, and I'll bend over backwards to help somebody. We just don't like people like you, people who find no fault with somebody who is knowingly taking advantage of somebody else for money.

After your latest posts, I feel compelled to take a shower. The sooner you go away, the better.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 12-13-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
Man you really are obsessed with me. You need a life Scott! Also please show me where I tried selling the baseball as a lou Gehrig homerun. Sorry that I thought this board once again was a PLACE TO ASK QUESTIONS. But based on how you reply to people, i guess members aren't allowed to ask questions about items.
Is this you "not replying" to me...again?

I do all sorts of things for entertainment that are perfectly acceptable, but a waste of time: I read the comics, I watch 'Seinfeld' reruns, I respond to your inane posts. They all make me laugh, and laughing is good for you.

As far as your selling your ball as a home run ball - no one accused you of that as far as I can tell. But again, I'll leave you and your straw man to cuddle. Tickle each other and laugh.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:52 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
I hear Ya Brock I screwed up once and everyone thinks I murdered there dam cat
You two have really been persecuted. Perhaps there is an internet forum support group for such things?
Old 12-13-2014, 02:05 PM

I've admitted my fault and don't need to explain to you guys anymore why don't you guys go after that person on eBay selling half of a lou Gehrig card who is asking 150 go after him since you guys like doing this sort of thing
Old 12-13-2014, 02:18 PM
pariah1107

Quote:
You two have really been persecuted. Perhaps there is an internet forum support group for such things?
I thought this was it, did I show up to the wrong place again? I still feel guilty about staggering into that AA meeting, that fraternal order gathering, and last Christmas. Wait, I see a pattern.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:54 PM
Scott Ti3k

There many reasons nobody is going after Tony (im-a-monster on ebay.. monster cards) the seller of the Gehrig card you keep bringing up.

First of all he is not misrepresenting the card he has for sale in anyway. He presents the card as an authentic 1933 Goudey Gehrig card, which it is. He is not trying to pass off bad reprints to unsuspecting buyers as the real deal like you did.

Second of all Tony did not come on here and pretend that he was not the seller and try to defend the card. You seem to have a habit of getting caught in lies and when called out on it you react in a very childish & angry way.

Third Tony is a respected seller on ebay (over 8k feed back w/ 0 negative). Again I point out he represents the card for what it is. It is up to a buyer to decide if it's worth the price he is asking. He is in no way trying to mislead potential buyers as you did. If someone chooses to buy the card they will in fact receive an authentic Gehrig card. If they had purchased what you had advertised as authentic, that is not what they would have received. Nuff said.

My final point is the besides selling on ebay Tony sets up at several shows and many of the board members here know him and have done business with him. He has a great reputation. He is actually a member here too. So before you try deflecting the negative attention on to someone else you should really know who you are talking about and actually have a leg to stand on.

The people on this board are great as long as you don't try to scam people and you treat people with respect. You have been caught in multiple lies/scams and your attitude has been that we need to get over ourselves and move on. Take a look in the mirror. YOU really need to get over yourself, offer a sincere apology and spend some time earning the trust & respect of the board if you want to be accepted here & expect people to actually help you. If you can't do those simple things I suggest you just move on. At the rate you are going you won't last long. Good luck!

Thanks,
Scott

Quote:
I've admitted my fault and don't need to explain to you guys anymore why don't you guys go after that person on eBay selling half of a lou Gehrig card who is asking 150 go after him since you guys like doing this sort of thing

Last edited by cardsfan73; 12-13-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:14 PM

I did offer a sincere apology to Leon and again to everyone on here I AM TRULY SORRY for disrespecting anyone on here was not my intentions to turn this forum into anything negative ive been collecting since the late 70s and just recently interested in vintage cards and want to learn about them and no not to scam anyone just myself on what to look for when going to buy them again guys/girls I AM SORRY what I did was wrong my actions yes we're childish but can't expect me to answer to everyone on here I'm trying to make it right on here just don't know how to
Old 12-14-2014, 05:31 AM
Aaron Rothschild

Default Actions.

Quote:
I'm trying to make it right on here just don't know how to
The easiest way to make it right would be to stop responding. You have to realize that this board does not respect you, does not like you and frankly, is not interested in helping you with anything.

You cannot make it right.

You made a terrible error by trying to commit fraud, you got caught and lied and lied and lied... Got massively aggressive with the people on this board and then lied and lied some more.

What it comes down to is that In this world there are consequences to actions, you claim to be a soldier so you should be aware of this fact. Sometimes those consequences are not what we wanted or expected but usually what we deserve.

In this case you just have to accept that the consequences of your actions mean that the potential buyers you tried to defraud wish you never existed and don't want anything to do with you.

That said, we all have lives, most of us very successful, happy and full lives. We are happy people who enjoy conversation about a common interest. It's actually a nice thing, so don't rip us cause you can't be happy. Don't try to rip us off cause you're jealous of the cards we can afford to buy, don't pretend to be someone you're not, we never do any of these things and it all seems to working out just fine.

One more thing, you're so fast to make a disparaging comparison to a "Nagging housewife" makes me think you don't like women and probably are abusive towards them... Those actions would be consistent with your character. Not cool man, really, just pretty lame.

So in the end, If you want us to leave you alone, get off of our playground, just take your cheating ass and go home.

PS: GO NAVY... BEAT ARMY!