NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 01-31-2014, 03:14 PM
John

Default Opinions Wanted on eBay listing of 35 Chicle

This is the original listing (scroll to the bottom of the page below "similar items" and you will see the 2 photos):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1935-Nationa...p2047675.l2557

This is the new listing (scroll to bottom for back photo):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221364497264...84.m1423.l2649

On the original listing:

-upper right front edge looks slightly rough cut or at least I see some lines
-lower back right corner clearly has small black mark - looks like a bad/dirty corner

Obviously the new seller bought the card to flip it, but the question is, did he also photoshop his scans it to make it look better?

Thanks for the help - if you want to buy the card, please go ahead - then I can stop torturing myself.

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 01-31-2014 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:59 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezHood View Post
This is the original listing (scroll to the bottom of the page below "similar items" and you will see the 2 photos):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1935-Nationa...p2047675.l2557

This is the new listing (scroll to bottom for back photo):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221364497264...84.m1423.l2649

On the original listing:

-upper right front edge looks slightly rough cut or at least I see some lines
-lower back right corner clearly has small black mark - looks like a bad/dirty corner

Obviously the new seller bought the card to flip it, but the question is, did he also photoshop his scans it to make it look better?

Thanks for the help - if you want to buy the card, please go ahead - then I can stop torturing myself.
If you look closely at the black mark on the corner, it is a line that protrudes down into the slab. My bet is that it was a mark on the slab and he cleaned it off. In terms of the front, one scan is much brighter than the other and the card in different lighting might show or hide stuff. That's what makes purchasing cards on-line a challenge sometimes.

I would contact the seller and ask him/her about any rough edges, marks on the card, etc. and whether they will give you a money back guarantee.

jeff
Old 02-01-2014, 06:57 AM
John

Thanks Jeff - I really appreciate your reply and analysis.

I've gotten beat a few times on cards I just didn't like in person, so now I really study the scans, but more importantly I pretty much buy from the same 5 sellers at this point. This seller, who I never heard of, does have a great rating, but I never noticed them selling vintage football before.

Anyway, I'll contact them. Thanks Again.