NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-03-2022, 05:30 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
The comparison clinches it, no doubt. Now the question is, why was it made? And that's where the scary part comes in: I hope we're not in for a generation of repros good enough to be floating around shows and auctions without question.
Good question. It’s not a Mitchell and Ness which usually leaves enough of a difference in the graphics to know it’s a repro. I think these were made to be passed off as real. As for repros to pass as “real”, yes they can fool the casual collector who wants a neat display for his favorite team, but I’d think that all of us here could tell by feel if not sight.

Of course it’s the casual collector who plays a significant role in determining value (or lack thereof) …
Old 10-03-2022, 09:37 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Yep... to have it in-hand would be tremendously helpful. Much tougher on a two dimensional screen. I couldn't initially see it on eBay, but hopefully would've noticed upon physical inspection.

The telltale signs you mentioned are undeniable, and I'm now with you, that the entire pennant is a convincing fake (made to deceive). In addition to the incorrect placement of "1955", the comma after "Alston" is too close to "Mgr."

These were not produced in large quantities like M &N. So who had the technology and the skills to pull this off, and why haven't we seen it with other teams' pennants? Hopefully we never will, as this is really criminal.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:26 AM
Rob

The seller is a good guy. I've bought many pennants from him and he seems to get quite rare ones too. The spine and tassels are obviously wrong, but I wouldn't have suspected anything off with the body, unless maybe I held it in hand.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:30 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphusa View Post
College Basketball
That same graphic appears on a fairly highly coveted late 60's Lew Alcindor pennant. Used to sell for in excess of $200 but there was a recent find of 20 or so. Not sure if that had any impact on sale price. Whoever has them hasn't flooded the market with them so maybe not.

Last edited by Fballguy; 10-04-2022 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-04-2022, 01:20 PM
Rob

I see the 1955 Dodgers pennant is no longer available. Did it sell or was it pulled?
Old 10-04-2022, 01:33 PM
Rick

It was pulled within a couple of hours of when it was listed. I assumed it was for an off-eBay sale until I saw Greg's posting questioning its authenticity. So no way to know why it was pulled at this point.

Greg, are all these 1955 Brooklyn scroll pennants only made of cloth?

Rick
Old 10-04-2022, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlevy View Post
It was pulled within a couple of hours of when it was listed. I assumed it was for an off-eBay sale until I saw Greg's posting questioning its authenticity. So no way to know why it was pulled at this point.

Greg, are all these 1955 Brooklyn scroll pennants only made of cloth?

Rick
Rick, to the best of my knowledge they are all blue cloth. Never seen any different. The one that reads “World and National League Champs” is even harder to find. I can’t even find a picture of it. But it is glorious.

The ‘49 and ‘52 Dodger scroll pennants are felt and came in multi colors. Strangely, have never seen a ‘53 or ‘56 scroll pennant from either Bkln or NYY.
Old 10-04-2022, 10:06 PM
Rick

Thanks Greg, interesting info. I’m hoping to land a Brooklyn scroll pennant at some point. I do remember seeing a ‘55 with both nl and world champs on it, but it wasn’t in very good shape. Surprising that so few of them have ever surfaced given how momentous an event it was for Brooklyn.

Rick
Old 10-05-2022, 05:51 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

This pennant has been sold as “genuine” for years. I have pointed this out to auction houses, eBay sellers, etc all to no avail. This pennant was made in the 80’s - 90’s, but I don’t have any details. The only thing that makes sense is a Mitchell & Ness from their earliest production. Mitchell & Ness made very high quality reproductions and sold them along with their jerseys in their catalogs. I used to have an account with them and would buy jerseys to get autographed. There are other pennants too (black 59 White Sox, etc) that get too passed off as authentic. They generally only reproduced very rare desirable pennants that most collectors could never find. You need to remember that the only place you could find pennants back in the day was at shows or antique shows. There were no auctions with photographs for the most part. We take for granted the 1000’s of pennants you scroll through on eBay every day. Anyways, this is a repro.
Old 10-05-2022, 06:53 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
This pennant has been sold as “genuine” for years. I have pointed this out to auction houses, eBay sellers, etc all to no avail. This pennant was made in the 80’s - 90’s, but I don’t have any details. The only thing that makes sense is a Mitchell & Ness from their earliest production. Mitchell & Ness made very high quality reproductions and sold them along with their jerseys in their catalogs. I used to have an account with them and would buy jerseys to get autographed. There are other pennants too (black 59 White Sox, etc) that get too passed off as authentic. They generally only reproduced very rare desirable pennants that most collectors could never find. You need to remember that the only place you could find pennants back in the day was at shows or antique shows. There were no auctions with photographs for the most part. We take for granted the 1000’s of pennants you scroll through on eBay every day. Anyways, this is a repro.
What years did Mitchell & Ness make pennants?
Old 10-05-2022, 07:52 AM
Jim Murphy

Being in Philly, I spent alot of time at M&N's store and also time with the owner. He always made his items with a difference from the original. On all of his jackets, sweaters, and jerseys there was always one extra button.

I do not know what he did with pennants but there is a difference
Old 10-05-2022, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphusa View Post
Being in Philly, I spent alot of time at M&N's store and also time with the owner. He always made his items with a difference from the original. On all of his jackets, sweaters, and jerseys there was always one extra button.

I do not know what he did with pennants but there is a difference
I got into collecting vintage pennants because of Mitchell and Ness. I had about 15-20 pennants from my childhood, bought at Phillies games, they were from the mid 70s to mid 80s. I always liked drawing the logos. Sometime around 1997 I noticed a Mitchell and Ness advertised Super Bowl weekend sale of 50% off items. They did this for a few years. I went in and saw their repro pennants and bought a bunch to decorate the newly renovated basement. In the old store, the owner had original pennants hanging on the walls. Some were nice, like the ‘49 Phillies Blue Jay roster pennant. “Not for sale” I was told. A year or so after that I discovered eBay and I bought a big pile of vintage at a flea market, sold off my repros at the Philly memorabilia show for cheap.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Mitchell and Ness pennants all seem to have designs and lettering with the same feel as the pennant itself. This ‘55 pennant looks like it was screened. I agree that it’s a repro but it seems like a different process than M&N.

Like Mark says, this was made to deceive. The creator made a point to match the traditional Trench font used in the names, and came really close but left enough of a difference to tell.

Last edited by thetahat; 10-05-2022 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:10 AM

Also interesting about the 1955 Dodgers, it seems to be the only year of the 1940s-50s that Trench made their scroll pennants on cloth. Both ‘55 Bkyn and NYY. All the others are felt. All the different 1954 Indians and NYG and the 1957, 58 Braves. 1949 and 1952 Dodgers are felt. Some in the 1960s are cloth, with the scroll not being screened just the names, like this Redlegs pennant.

Anyone have a counterexample?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5B3CDC2B-778C-4C15-9F0D-9D5589EE8566.jpg (215.9 KB, 194 views)

Last edited by thetahat; 10-05-2022 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:13 AM

I’ve been pretty inactive of late on eBay but did pick these up recently. The 1969 Twins is part of the cool ASCO cloth set, I only had it in red. I like the way Minnesota is written, very retro. And I love the dated Trenches, especially from ordinary seasons. I never saw the ‘52 Tribe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 97BC4684-EC33-4B7C-A55C-F23FC9B9E4CE.jpg (215.9 KB, 206 views)

Last edited by thetahat; 10-05-2022 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-05-2022, 12:29 PM
Rob

Great pickups, Greg!

I just got this. I don't usually care too much about color variations and I have plenty of "Giants on the Bridge" but for $35, delivered, what the hell? The tip is so sharp you could cut yourself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2022-10-05 02.11.27.jpg (203.6 KB, 180 views)
Old 10-05-2022, 03:47 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
What years did Mitchell & Ness make pennants?
I had my account before they got popular and you could still have athletes sign jerseys for the same price as any other item. I would say late 80’s to early 90’s forward. They were advertised in their catalog. I will have to look to see if I still have a catalog somewhere.

In regards to make up, some were different than vintage. Some were identical. I’m not going to argue about this, but I’ve been buying and selling vintage pennants and memorabilia since the 80’s. I’ve mistakingly bought them on eBay back in the day and sent back for return. They obviously aren’t made of the original pressed felt, rather a very soft more modern woven felt like material. They were very well produced just like their jerseys. They made high quality products. I’ve only seen baseball and no other sports. They specifically had the 1955 Dodgers scroll with the pink bum, but it was a brighter blue. That was probably the most popular back then because you couldn’t find nice Brooklyn pennants and the Brooklyn Dodgers were very collectible in those days. I still see these pennants offered for sale as original as well as listed in auctions.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:53 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Here are two that are commonly mistaken as original. These are listed as M&N on eBay right now. There is also someone trying to sell this 1969 version as real. You can see the stitching and piping, but both these are same as original. Obviously the 1969 Mets was only made on woven fabric and not felt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1BFE562F-11BD-4DE0-B946-37868A532D27.jpg (116.7 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg A1C6D978-C073-4371-AD9D-2ACB8C6B173D.jpg (48.2 KB, 176 views)
Old 10-05-2022, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Great pickups, Greg!

I just got this. I don't usually care too much about color variations and I have plenty of "Giants on the Bridge" but for $35, delivered, what the hell? The tip is so sharp you could cut yourself.
Thanks, and that Giants is sweet. They should have put the Mullin Giant in the stadium pennant instead of the generic batter.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:54 PM

Here we go again

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22519272735...6X1YA&LH_BIN=1
Old 10-05-2022, 06:00 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetahat View Post
Here we go again
I guess we're going to have to start authenticating and slabbing them--not!
Old 10-05-2022, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I had my account before they got popular and you could still have athletes sign jerseys for the same price as any other item. I would say late 80’s to early 90’s forward. They were advertised in their catalog. I will have to look to see if I still have a catalog somewhere.

In regards to make up, some were different than vintage. Some were identical. I’m not going to argue about this, but I’ve been buying and selling vintage pennants and memorabilia since the 80’s. I’ve mistakingly bought them on eBay back in the day and sent back for return. They obviously aren’t made of the original pressed felt, rather a very soft more modern woven felt like material. They were very well produced just like their jerseys. They made high quality products. I’ve only seen baseball and no other sports. They specifically had the 1955 Dodgers scroll with the pink bum, but it was a brighter blue. That was probably the most popular back then because you couldn’t find nice Brooklyn pennants and the Brooklyn Dodgers were very collectible in those days. I still see these pennants offered for sale as original as well as listed in auctions.
No argument from me. The Mets is graphically identical. So are their BF3 remakes, come to think of it.
Old 10-05-2022, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
I guess we're going to have to start authenticating and slabbing them--not!
Ugh
Old 10-05-2022, 06:43 PM

What is going on here??? Sure looks modern to me … could I be wrong?

EDIT: not wrong

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22518842759...p2047675.l2557

Last edited by thetahat; 10-05-2022 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-05-2022, 06:55 PM
Rob

I’m beginning to get freaked out.

What is wrong with the Raiders and Tigers pennants?
Old 10-06-2022, 12:25 PM
Rob

Quote:
I’m beginning to get freaked out.

What is wrong with the Raiders and Tigers pennants?
That particular Raiders example is definitely misshapen and has something weird going on with the spine/stitching but I've seen other examples of it and think it's legit. They all have red spines for some reason, which is definitely odd.

This one would benefit greatly from a trim job on the nose and a gray spine and tassels. How does a tip get stretched that much without tearing?
Old 10-06-2022, 06:39 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
That particular Raiders example is definitely misshapen and has something weird going on with the spine/stitching but I've seen other examples of it and think it's legit. They all have red spines for some reason, which is definitely odd.

This one would benefit greatly from a trim job on the nose and a gray spine and tassels. How does a tip get stretched that much without tearing?
The seller got great money, but me? I would have ironed it prior to taking pictures.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:10 PM

Okay so maybe I haven’t been THAT inactive on eBay …

Two super-sized (5-1/2 feet long) 1969 ASCOs popped up. Similar composition to my others except these don’t have grommets. The seller claims these were hung with others at the ‘69 ASG in DC which was initially postponed by rain, causing the noticeable bleeding on the Dodgers spine. (1st pic is from the auction.) Who knows if true but there was a rain out. Maybe it was at an event or something. I’d love to know more about them.

Bleeding typically is, for me, a fatal flaw. I can cope better with missing tassels or tip. But I took a gamble that I could get it out. Turns out I had a metal yardstick that fit perfectly in the spine, so I made a 20/80 bleach/water solution and brushed it on it … it worked great with no spotting at all on the underneath blue. Bleeding all gone.

That makes 6 teams now and 18 to go. LOL. No shot. But Id love to get a super-sized Pilots if one still exists. I think I saw a Twins somewhere …
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DB15DB44-702E-4498-BD81-67F85C95A27C.jpg (192.6 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg 075E48C0-CCE7-400A-8D2C-F1EAAAA9CC79.jpg (199.3 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpg 5ED9D06E-628D-4784-9F7B-F5906F057CDF.jpg (210.2 KB, 255 views)

Last edited by thetahat; 10-06-2022 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:52 PM
Rob

Quote:
The seller got great money, but me? I would have ironed it prior to taking pictures.
He obviously attended Jonsstats' "Who gives a crap...here's a picture" sellers seminar.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:03 PM
Rob

Because body parts in pennant photos amuse me...

This looks like a crime scene photo. Suburban housewife finally has enough of her husband's excessive pennant expenditures. Her mistake? Doesn't mourn long enough before attempting to cash in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pennant hand.jpg (204.4 KB, 252 views)
Old 10-06-2022, 08:09 PM
Rob

Pretty, pretty cool, Greg! Even for…you know…
Old 10-07-2022, 09:01 AM
Rob

Who might have made these? The batter in the moon ball has been done for many teams. A different maker(?) later incorporated it in their pennants.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2740.jpg (119.9 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2741.jpg (145.7 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2735.jpg (129.1 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2738.jpg (139.4 KB, 233 views)
Old 10-07-2022, 09:31 AM

I think it is the “mystery NY area company”. I gotta find the pic that someone (you?) posted at some sort of 1960s banquet, behind the podium hung a bunch of team pennants. The top on is definitely from that group, likely the others.
Old 10-07-2022, 02:16 PM
Rob

Quote:
I think it is the “mystery NY area company”. I gotta find the pic that someone (you?) posted at some sort of 1960s banquet, behind the podium hung a bunch of team pennants. The top on is definitely from that group, likely the others.
I was kind of thinking the bottom three would be a west coast maker because I’ve never really seen anything similar…
Old 10-07-2022, 04:50 PM
Gary

Quote:
Okay so maybe I haven’t been THAT inactive on eBay …

Two super-sized (5-1/2 feet long) 1969 ASCOs popped up. Similar composition to my others except these don’t have grommets. The seller claims these were hung with others at the ‘69 ASG in DC which was initially postponed by rain, causing the noticeable bleeding on the Dodgers spine. (1st pic is from the auction.) Who knows if true but there was a rain out. Maybe it was at an event or something. I’d love to know more about them.

Bleeding typically is, for me, a fatal flaw. I can cope better with missing tassels or tip. But I took a gamble that I could get it out. Turns out I had a metal yardstick that fit perfectly in the spine, so I made a 20/80 bleach/water solution and brushed it on it … it worked great with no spotting at all on the underneath blue. Bleeding all gone.

That makes 6 teams now and 18 to go. LOL. No shot. But Id love to get a super-sized Pilots if one still exists. I think I saw a Twins somewhere …
Wow. Love those pennants Greg.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:53 PM
Gary

I don't have this in hand yet...waiting for delivery. But I couldn't believe my luck when I came across this 1936 Yankees Grommet Pennant and managed to win it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg YankeesGrommet.jpg (160.9 KB, 227 views)
Old 10-07-2022, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKCardGuy View Post
I don't have this in hand yet...waiting for delivery. But I couldn't believe my luck when I came across this 1936 Yankees Grommet Pennant and managed to win it.
FANTASTIC pennant with great colors. Congrats!
Old 10-07-2022, 05:42 PM
Rob

Quote:
Dayum! I'm adding you to the "Heavy Hitters" of this thread.
Old 10-07-2022, 06:10 PM
Mike Kendall

Quote:
Absolutely gorgeous. Fantastic pickup Gary.
Baseball's appeal isn't complicated or confusing. It's about the beauty of the game; it's about heroes and family and friends; it's about being part of something larger than yourself, about tradition---receiving it and passing it; and it's about holding on to a bit of your childhood.

Tom Stanton from The Road to Cooperstown
Old 10-07-2022, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Who might have made these? The batter in the moon ball has been done for many teams. A different maker(?) later incorporated it in their pennants.
Rob: Marc and I have been discussing these anomalies....

I'm pretty sure all four were made by Trench/IMPKO, around the time Tom Storm purchased IMPKO and their patented screen printing process. Each pennant represents a blend of Trench artwork + IMPKO's signature coloring; and all appear to have been made in the latter half of the 1960s, when the two companies became one.

As far as we know, these were only made for the SF Giants.
Old 10-08-2022, 02:13 AM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domer05 View Post
Rob: Marc and I have been discussing these anomalies....

I'm pretty sure all four were made by Trench/IMPKO, around the time Tom Storm purchased IMPKO and their patented screen printing process. Each pennant represents a blend of Trench artwork + IMPKO's signature coloring; and all appear to have been made in the latter half of the 1960s, when the two companies became one.

As far as we know, these were only made for the SF Giants.
Interesting. So if the ball moon artwork is Trench, that mean that the other "Batter and Moon" pennants for the Brooklyn Dodgers and the Phillies were by Trench too, right? What about the "Fielder and Moon" LA Dodgers?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brooklyn Dodgers BKDG112-TBC.jpg (193.7 KB, 232 views)
File Type: jpg Los Angeles Dodgers LADG028-TBC.jpg (196.0 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg Picture1.jpg (50.8 KB, 228 views)
Old 10-08-2022, 08:04 AM
Rob

Makes total sense, Kyle. Thanks for the info….I’ll have to see if I can remember it.

I’ve never seen the fielder and the moon before. Interesting.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Interesting. So if the ball moon artwork is Trench, that mean that the other "Batter and Moon" pennants for the Brooklyn Dodgers and the Phillies were by Trench too, right? What about the "Fielder and Moon" LA Dodgers?
Yep, I think both design series came from Trench. During the late 1950s, Trench was experimenting with a bunch of new production methods and artists, e.g., they made a few pennants without tassels in 1959; they switched to different woven cloth substitutes throughout the decade; and they employed cutting edge screen printing techniques. They even launched a premium line using flocked graphics that they quickly abandoned. The Storms were keen on modernizing the decades old company when they bought it in the late 1950s. Innovation was key to their success.

Some changes worked out. Some didn't.

Below, here's (1) the tassel-less stadium pennant featuring the LA Coliseum and known Trench batter artwork; (2) a second stadium pennant featuring an alternative depiction of the LA Coliseum by a new artist with same Trench batter and unique "Dodgers" script; (3) the fielder and moon pennant featuring same "Dodgers" script; and (4) a ca. 1960 photo of a vendor selling pennants #1-2 outside the LA Coliseum, with other known Trench pennants.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2022-10-08 090123.jpg (160.2 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2022-09-29 172725.jpg (54.9 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2022-09-29 172659.jpg (185.9 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2022-10-08 091058.jpg (110.7 KB, 226 views)
Old 10-08-2022, 12:42 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Here's a Yankees "Baseball Moon" version you don't often see....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26592482653...Bk9SR8iRmo73YA
Old 10-08-2022, 07:39 PM

I think that these pennants come from whoever made these, it includes the Phillies, pic is 1962-64 (corner of Colt 45s barely visible far right). I just have a tough time accepting these as Trench, given what they were known to make during that period.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3DAE06B8-244D-47AE-862C-DB0CF0806BF3.jpg (144.4 KB, 210 views)
Old 10-09-2022, 07:23 PM

Heads up on this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26592800971..._b3YA&LH_BIN=1

This exact pennant just sold in auction on Monday, it’s a beautiful pennant, the bottom tassels were either completely detached or were literally hanging by a thread. Seemingly the only flaw but here it was:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20410323662...app-cvip-panel

New owner/seller glued them into place (told me so) but does not mention this in description. I know there is a Tigers collector here and you may (or may not) find this useful …

Last edited by thetahat; 10-09-2022 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-10-2022, 10:31 AM
Stephen

Funny story about the guy selling the Tigers pennant. Guy messaged me one day over a pennant I had for sale. Gave me a long story about how he's only a collector needed this pennant for his personal collection. So I sold the pennant for less than what I was asking cause I had upgraded only to have him turn around and list it for about 3 times what he paid for it, lol. Lesson learned. He is also overpriced on his pennants IMO. Link is to the pennant I sold him about a year ago that is still for sale.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29440031393...AAAOSwdwBhQ2Tk
Old 10-10-2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser1979 View Post
Funny story about the guy selling the Tigers pennant. Guy messaged me one day over a pennant I had for sale. Gave me a long story about how he's only a collector needed this pennant for his personal collection. So I sold the pennant for less than what I was asking cause I had upgraded only to have him turn around and list it for about 3 times what he paid for it, lol. Lesson learned. He is also overpriced on his pennants IMO. Link is to the pennant I sold him about a year ago that is still for sale.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29440031393...AAAOSwdwBhQ2Tk
Interesting, and unfortunate. And yes, I agree, his items are way, way overpriced.

The pennant he repaired was very nice, I wanted it and would have bid higher if not for the tassel issue. (I have it in red but with less vibrant colors.) I display my pennants with the tassels tucked behind the pennant but still, I keep resale value in mind. Now it is glued and up for resale without any reference to it. Lame.

Last edited by thetahat; 10-10-2022 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-10-2022, 08:00 PM
Sean Fitze
Se.an Fi.tze

Default Tigers Pennant

I made an offer on his green one with the diamond of tigers. He is pretty shrewd. Hopefully nobody buys from him.
Old 10-11-2022, 04:57 AM
James C
Dennis Choraz.yczewski

Vintagebaseballco is one of the best sellers on Ebay. Impeccable reputation. They have revised the pennant to reflect the repair.

Last edited by sayheykid54; 10-11-2022 at 05:05 AM.