NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 09-25-2013, 08:13 AM
D.an Jackso.n

Default Losing a No-No

Did you all see Michael Wacha last night? That is about as close as you can come to throwing a no-hitter. A soft chop barely over his glove that the SS bare hands and throws barely wide. I would think that has to rate as one of the closest no-nos without actually getting it.

What other close calls come to mind?
Old 09-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Steve Birmingham

Well, there's the group of no hitters where the pitcher lost the game and eventually the no hitter when MLB changed the rules and retroactively wiped them all out. Along with the handful of rain shortened and otherwise odd games.

Steve B
Old 09-25-2013, 10:04 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

I think the galarraga perfect game is about as close as u can get, without officially getting credit for one. The umpire acknowledged after the fact that it was a pg. The state of Michigan passed something that says they officially recognize it as one. Mlb is the only one that doesn't. Or haddix's 12? Inning perfect game that no longer counts.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:28 AM
P.hil €lli$

Wacha's is actually the 3rd time that has happened this year.

Texas' Yu Darvish lost a perfect game with two outs in the ninth inning against Houston on April 2 and San Francisco's Yusmeiro Petit had his try at perfection end one out shy against Arizona on Sept 6.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:08 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Dang! Why did you have to mention Haddix, I'm gonna be shaking my head all day now.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Barry Sloate

Around 2001, Mike Mussina retired the first 26 batters and had two strikes on the 27th, before giving up a single.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:04 PM
D.an Jackso.n

Wacha is at it again!!!!
Old 10-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Barry Sloate

Home run Alvarez.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
The state of Michigan passed something that says they officially recognize it as one. Mlb is the only one that doesn't.
That's very cool - this way he'll have an 'official' no-hitter and probably something to frame on his wall, even if it isn't from MLB. Besides, MLB recognizes Barry Bonds as being the HR leader, put an asterisk next to Maris' HR record, etc, etc, so I'm not sure everyone really cares what they put in their books, anyway. I certainly don't.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:42 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
That's very cool - this way he'll have an 'official' no-hitter and probably something to frame on his wall, even if it isn't from MLB. Besides, MLB recognizes Barry Bonds as being the HR leader, put an asterisk next to Maris' HR record, etc, etc, so I'm not sure everyone really cares what they put in their books, anyway. I certainly don't.
Here's a link to it on the Michigan Legislative website.. House Resolution 0294

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%2...e=2010-HR-0294

Last edited by novakjr; 10-09-2013 at 02:43 PM.