NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Default Raleigh Show May 18-20

Posted By: Larrie Dean

Anyone interested in dinner on Saturday evening?

Old 05-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: brian

<Anyone interested in dinner on Saturday evening?

only if you're a beautiful woman and are paying the tab.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: tmills

Could anyone please tell me where in Raleigh the show will be and what are the times each day. Thank you!

Old 05-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JK

Im pretty sure it will be at the state fairgrounds - probably in the Kerr Scott Bldg (though that Im less sure about).

Old 05-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JK

Just checked - it is in the Scott building:

http://www.ncstatefair.org/events/5_07.htm

Old 05-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris

If you only collect pre war, don't waste your time with this show. Almost nothing at all Pre war. Mostly shiny stuff.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill

Did anyone end up going to this show? I was going to go but figured with a baby due as of yesterday, I shouldn't even wander in there. I went up last year but it was pretty much all new stuff with a few guys with some stuff from the 50's.

Change your socks, drink water, and drive on.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee

I was at the show as a vendor all 3 days. There was not a lot of pre-war, only 5 people (including myself) had anything. Most of the pre-war was t206, 4 out of the 5 vendors with pre-war cards only had t206. Prices were moderate at the show on t206, there were only a few deals to be found, and most cards were priced above or at going market rates. I did happen to buy a fair condition t206 Cobb bat on shoulder for a decent price, though. I did get to meet Larrie Dean and other pre-war hobbists, which was pleasent. Mostly a sea of shiny crap, though. On Sunday there was a big uproar because someone pulled a 1 of 1 Marchial (sp?) card worth 4K.....

Overall, the show was great if you are into new cards, but don't count on taking any pre-war cards home at a steal. Unless you go on Friday or Sunday, there are not that many deals to be had. Friday it seemed people were anxious to move product because it is the first day and they want to get off the a good start and by Sunday, desperation sets in to sell and have a good show.....Anyone else attend?

Regards,
Lee H