NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-10-2011, 07:24 PM

Default Some T210 questions

While not a major focus of what I collect, I enjoy picking up the occasional Old Mill and have some beginner level q's:
-Since the various series were of all different sizes, how were these printed (sheet size) and was the timeline for the issue the same for each series?
-If the sheet size was the same, are there any known double or single prints in the various sets?
-Are there any advertising pieces out there like the T206 Hindu ads?
-Are there any cool miscut cards known?
I don't have the focus or wherewithal to make a run at the set - the most I am doing is the Richmond (Va) players and probably a type set of teams in each series...
Old 05-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Frank Wakefield

No idea as to sheet size... I do believe that some cards are more plentiful than others. I've thought that partway through the printing there may have been some cards added, replacing some, creating some short prints. I've not seen any 'cool' miscuts, but the orange border cards from series 3 are interesting. And I'd love to see an ad. Somewhere I got in my head that Old Mill cigarettes were a bit frugal, and might not have run that many contemporary ads. As it was, much of their market was in areas of the country where folks still rolled their own, rather than buy machine made cigarettes.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:08 AM
Steve Birmingham

I haven't seen any miscuts, but I haven't been looking all that hard. I'd bet there are a few out there.

I do have one that was misprinted so it only got half the gloss. I'll have to see if it will scan.

Steve B
Old 05-11-2011, 09:43 AM
JeR@Me

Default T210's...

Judson - Some interesting questions and surprisingly you rarely see T210's that are misprinted, and compared to T206, the quality control for miscuts, misprints, etc. seems to be night and day difference. The Orange Border's as Frank mentioned seem to be the only real glaring oddity from the set in series 3, and of the thousands of Series 3 produced, there really are not all that many OB cards out there. I have commented on this before, as I have always found it impressive that there are not more T210 oddities out there with the volume of T210's (8 series) that float around the hobby. This example below is the only example of a T210 I have ever seen with the wrong reverse on it. (Should be series 8, not 3)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T210-8-Pepe-Montgomery-Error-Series3.jpg (68.5 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg T210-8-Pepe-Montgomery-Error.jpg (75.6 KB, 145 views)
Old 05-11-2011, 09:47 AM

I have a few T210s which are miscut, all with a name on top of the card like this one I recently purchased.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg %24%28KGrHqR%2C%21k4E2D8G8L2PBNoujz7tbQ%7E%7E0_3.jpg (54.7 KB, 142 views)
Old 05-11-2011, 07:20 PM

Thanks, guys - that wrong back card is very cool and leads me to think that the series (or at least 3 & 8) were printed at the same time. And, the top/bottom miscut makes me think that the cards were not printed like T206's (columns of the same player), but rather a sheet of different players - obviously more evidence is needed on both counts, however.
I am still interested in how they were produced - I can presume that there are no uncut or partial uncut sheets known to the hobby.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:28 PM
JeR@Me

Default T210 Printing Sheets...

Judson - That sounds plausible as I owned this miscut a few months back of McCarthy for Anderson with his teammate, Mangum at the top. (See pic below) I believe they were printed by teams, and perhaps different series shared sheets when made... (There are 52 different team combination's in the 8 series of T210's)

Also, if you look at Bob's example, it is of another Charlotte teammate. (I believe it is Hayes who was a teammate of Brazell) --- Bob - Can you share your other examples so we can check to see if all the miscuts are player teammate's ? We have 2 examples exposed right of the bat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T210-McCarthy.jpg (53.5 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 05-11-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:47 PM

Default Brazell

Quick question, sorry for interrupting, what is the correct spelling for Brazell?? That image on my Old Mill cabinet has it spelled Brazille.

Thanks,
Old 05-12-2011, 09:36 AM
JeR@Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaiko View Post
Quick question, sorry for interrupting, what is the correct spelling for Brazell?? That image on my Old Mill cabinet has it spelled Brazille.

Thanks,
I am not 100% sure, but I believe your OM Cab has the incorrect spelling, and the T210 has the correct spelling.
--- I just checked the SCD and they confirm this as well.

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 05-12-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:47 AM

Thanks Jeremy