NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-06-2008, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Default Next Seattle Area Net54 Meeting

Posted By: davidcycleback

If anyone is interested in participating in a Seattle Net54 card/memorabilia social get together at my home let me know. I figure some weekend day in the next 2-3 weeks, and a minimum of 3 (including me but not my dog) constitutes a meeting. By meeting I mean friendly chatting about cards etc, not voting on Net54 bylaws. Thanks

Old 02-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Russ Bright

Sounds like fun, but My wife and I are expecting a New little collector sometime in the next 3 weeks - so I'll have to make the summer one - thanks for doing this, it will be nice to meet some more of the Seattle/Northwest Collectors!

Old 02-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: William Cohon

I am interested, but not certain if my schedule will accommodate. I would like to meet some other vintage collectors, though. Thank you for the offer.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: robert a

I'd like to attend.

Rob

Old 02-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Administrator

If enough can make it, the date will be the afternoon of Saturday December 16th. If there are too many conflicts, the date can be changed. I will contact via email all those who wish to attend before the event. You can either post here or contact me via email. As the meeting is roughly two weeks ahead, there is no rush and I will post again on the board to remind all.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Steinberg

David.... Did you mean Feb. 16, for the meeting date?

Old 02-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Andrew

Feb. 16th works for me.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Yes, I meant February 16th. Curious how I typed in December, but that would an issue my neurologist. Perhaps I was subconsciously yearning for the simpler, carefree days when the Patriots were undefeated and the network writers weren't on strike. Snappy talk show monologues, we hardly knew ye.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Darn... I'll be in California on the 16th. Would have liked to meet some of you, as I'm still relatively new to the NW.

Question... do you folks typically discuss only cards, or is memorabilia "fair game" as well? Thanks!

Old 02-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: mark bowers

Mark, where in California will you be on Feb 16 ? Anywhere near Sacramento ? If so please email me at mkbow2@surewest.net. Memorabilia one of my main interests. Thanks. Mark (sealmark)

Old 02-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Mark...

No, unfortunately, I'll be down in San Diego. We moved to Seattle from the SD area 3 years ago, and I take the kids back once a year to visit friends, do theme parks, see the sun, etc.

Sorry it won't work for Saturday, but you can email me anytime to discuss memorabilia. Thanks for inquiring

Old 02-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

I wish I could make it, but I have tickets to see Cecil Taylor play solo piano in Portland that day. Hopefully next time. Glad to see the NW contingent is keeping it going.
JimB

Old 02-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Administrator

Within reason, there's no reason you can't bring or talk about memorabilia. If someone brings his Barbie doll collection, he might not find a receptive audience, but I doubt anyone would object to sports programs, photos, Topps test issues, etc. It wouldn't bother me, for one.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Administrator

Two questions. First, are there regular meetings, or is this one of a kind? And second, how does it work - do people typically bring a few cards for show and tell?

Old 02-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Administrator

There was one other meeting, perhaps four months ago. There are no rules, regulations or requirements, though it would be neat if people brought stuff to look at and talk about. If collectors are getting together in person, it would make sense to have an in person card or collectible to look at in person. If someone wishes to show off his unusual cards to the rest, that's great. If someone doesn't bring a thing, that's fine too. I will bring my microscope and blacklight in case that might be useful. If someone's never used a blacklight before or seen what a card looks like through a microscope, this would be a chance. I and the meeetings (periodic social get togethers of collectors of similar interest) are laid back, and someone shouldn't hesitate to come for fear they don't know the rules.

Again, if someone wishes to attend on Feb 16th, email me (link above) or post here. I will email all with full details next week. If a Seattle lurker from the CU board wishes to attend to meet local collectors, that's great. The more the merrier (So far about 5 have committed, so maximum capacity allowable is not an issue).

Old 02-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Administrator

I think I emailed the details and directions for Saturday to everyone who expressed interested. If I missed anyone or anyone else is interested in attending let me know. Thanks

Old 02-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Many thanks, David, for hosting our Seattle gathering. I enjoyed spending the afternoon meeting fellow collectors, sharing cards, and learning how to make use of a microscope and black light.

Regards,

Bill Cohon

Old 02-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Yes, it was pleasant meeting with some nice guys and thanks for attending. Everyone brought cool stuff to look at, which was half the fun. Though no one touched the guacamole dip ("That's what that was," Bill thinks). Interestingly, only one person was a native of Washington State, and he wasn't even from Seattle. And, lastly but not leastly, it was actually a bright, sunny day in Seattle winter.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: robert a

I had a really nice time as well.

Thanks for hosting David. I filled up on trail mix instead of guac.

What a view!

Rob

Old 02-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andrew

David,

Thanks again for hosting. It was fun, and I look forward to the next Seattle gathering,

Andrew