NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-28-2016, 07:44 PM
Alan Elefson

Default Ketterlinus 1886 Baseball Print

Hi-
I recently acquired the baseball item scanned below. It is on fairly thick stock and it is about 7.5 inches tall and 4.5 inches wide. The back is blank and Copyright 1886 Ketterlinus Phila is printed in the lower left corner on the front. Ketterlinus was a Philadelphia printing company that operated until the mid 20th century.

I have a few questions regarding this item. What do you think it was used for? When I bought it I assumed it was unused advertising stock and a company would stamp their information on the front between the equipment. Has anyone seen one with advertising or any other printing on it? Any ideas why a presentation type bat would be shown with a blank plaque? Any other thoughts or facts regarding this item is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Alan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img017.jpg (32.3 KB, 318 views)
Old 05-29-2016, 07:44 PM
Kevin O'Gara

I luv it. I think it is a calling card or stationary to write on.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Alan Elefson

Thanks Kevin! I definitely could see it being used for an invitation of some sort.

Alan
Old 06-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Kevin O'Gara

Stationary piece
The graphics are great.

Last edited by khkco4bls; 06-01-2016 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:05 PM

Default neat piece

Alan...I've had one of those about 30 years...I can even remember finding it at the Marin city flea early AM...just a few miles from the Golden Gate Bridge...found in a box full of old paper...like you... it's purpose has always been a mystery...the graphics of the early baseball equipment are so good I remember I photocopied them and used them for a want list

Old 06-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Alan Elefson

Thanks Kevin and Carlton! Unfortunately, I did not find mine in a box of old paper so I had to pay a bit for mine (50.00 I think) but the graphics were too cool for me to pass up. I hope you got yours at a much lower price!

Alan
Old 06-09-2016, 09:50 PM

I can't remember but it was bargain basement...nothing even close to $50