NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

Default OT: Minor League Baseball Survey

I posted a month ago about my work on a Doctorate. My topic is currently minor league baseball. I'm hoping to get some information from fans.
I ask that you please answer the following questions.

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years?

2. What is the biggest factor that brings you to the ballpark? promotions, day of week, newness of stadium, visiting team, or something else (please describe)

3. Have you stopped attending games? If so, why?

4. What promotion or marketing event would you recommend to the team?

5. How important is the newness of the stadium in your decision to attend a ball game?

6. How far will you travel to attend a minor league baseball game?

7. Do you buy team branded merchandise?

8. Does the success of the team factor in your decision to attend games?

9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years?

10. How much of a factor does parking and ticket prices have on your decision to attend the games?
Old 11-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewing View Post
I posted a month ago about my work on a Doctorate. My topic is currently minor league baseball. I'm hoping to get some information from fans.

2. What is the biggest factor that brings you to the ballpark? promotions, day of week, newness of stadium, visiting team, or something else (please describe)
moderate cost family outing
no
Military salute or Charity tie-in
5. How important is the newness of the stadium in your decision to attend a ball game?
not
not more than an hour each way
for the kids
yes, bad baseball is bad baseball no matter how cheap it is
9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years?
10. How much of a factor does parking and ticket prices have on your decision to attend the games?
significant

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 11-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years? 30

2. What is the biggest factor that brings you to the ballpark? promotions, day of week, newness of stadium, visiting team, or something else (please describe) I have had a partial season ticket plan with paid-for parking and food. In 2012, I got to see almost all the Rangers key prospects including Profar.

3. Have you stopped attending games? If so, why? NO

4. What promotion or marketing event would you recommend to the team? They do a great job

Stadium 10 years old, still appears brand new

15 minutes

NO

NO

Our tickets with food, parking and being really good seats cost $15-16 per. It is a marvelous cost-controlled date night.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:26 PM
David Linardy

Quote:

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years? 15

2. What is the biggest factor that brings you to the ballpark? promotions, day of week, newness of stadium, visiting team, or something else (please describe). Good food/promotions

3. Have you stopped attending games? If so, why? Yes, the local franchise sought to reduce costs by cutting down on the food and entertainment costs which ultimately affected the overall quality of the event.

Sing for your supper (Mom Vs Daugher)

40 miles

At every game (I usually have two young children in tow)

Not really, but the majority of my exposure has been to indy league teams
9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years? 10

None... games are very affordable

Best of Luck!
David
Old 11-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Scott Ti3k

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years? 2

2. What is the biggest factor that brings you to the ballpark? promotions, day of week, newness of stadium, visiting team, or something else (please describe) Price of tickets, weather & how close to home it is.

3. Have you stopped attending games? If so, why? No

Bringing in former major league players for autographs/photos.. I know here bringing in any former Cardinals players would spike attendance. It doesn't even have to be a big name..

5. How important is the newness of the stadium in your decision to attend a ball game? Not a factor at all.

6. How far will you travel to attend a minor league baseball game? Never really thought about it to be honest

7. Do you buy team branded merchandise? Very rarely with the exception of cards.

8. Does the success of the team factor in your decision to attend games? Very little

9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years? 1

10. How much of a factor does parking and ticket prices have on your decision to attend the games? Huge impact, our local independent league team has free parking and very reasonable ticket prices. Also fair prices on food.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Rick Seuferer

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years? 150

2. What is the biggest factor that brings you to the ballpark? promotions, day of week, newness of stadium, visiting team, or something else (please describe) Season ticket holders

Pet night

5. How important is the newness of the stadium in your decision to attend a ball game? Not at all.

6. How far will you travel to attend a minor league baseball game? Have gone 100 miles to watch team on the road.

7. Do you buy team branded merchandise? Yes

8. Does the success of the team factor in your decision to attend games? No

9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years? 3

10. How much of a factor does parking and ticket prices have on your decision to attend the games? Some. Lower prices allow us to afford season tickets.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years? 20-25

2. What is the biggest factor that brings you to the ballpark? promotions, day of week, newness of stadium, visiting team, or something else (please describe) I just enjoy baseball and it is a fun, cheap night out.

3. Have you stopped attending games? If so, why? No.

4. What promotion or marketing event would you recommend to the team? Nothing to suggest. Both of the minor league franchises I support are already very good with promotions.

5. How important is the newness of the stadium in your decision to attend a ball game? Not real important, although it is kinda cool to take in games at a state-of-the-art minor league stadium like Coca-Cola Park in Allentown, Pa.

6. How far will you travel to attend a minor league baseball game? The Reading (Pa.) Phillies are 10 miles from my house and the Lehigh Valley (Pa.) Ironpigs are 40 miles from me. I would be willing to travel further than than, but have never done so for a minor league baseball game.

7. Do you buy team branded merchandise? Yes.

8. Does the success of the team factor in your decision to attend games? No.

9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years? Two.

10. How much of a factor does parking and ticket prices have on your decision to attend the games? Somewhat. I am also a minor league hockey fan and a fan of local auto racing. I like the fact that I can go to a game in Reading or Lehigh Valley for $10, with parking being free at Reading and $3 at Lehigh Valley.

Last edited by Bored5000; 11-03-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Glyn Parson

Default my replies

1 10-15
2 go when the mood strikes me usually beginning of season
3 no
4 free card night with special set just for that night, old-timers night
5 not really, as long as well maintained
6 about 40, most are 10 minutes away
7 no
8 i may go to a couple more if team or an individual player is lighting it up
9 2 (Also Reading and Allentown)
10 minimal

Last edited by glynparson; 11-03-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:54 PM
$teve O.

Quote:

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years? 30-35

2. What is the biggest factor that brings you to the ballpark? promotions, day of week, newness of stadium, visiting team, or something else (please describe)The price,and there is a lot for younger kids to do,I enjoy watching young players trying to make the majors

3. Have you stopped attending games? If so, why?NO

Anything that involves young kids
5. How important is the newness of the stadium in your decision to attend a ball game? Not much

6. How far will you travel to attend a minor league baseball game?30-50 miles

No
9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years? 4

Somewhat

Last edited by 39special; 11-03-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Barry Sloate

I go to a Brooklyn Cyclones game once a year. My friend has season tickets so I get a freebie. It's just a twenty minute drive to MCU Park and we love the area. Coney Island is beautiful and always a lot of fun. I like the family oriented nature of the ballpark. I rarely ever go to major league games.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Max Weder

about 120

We have billeted players for the past five years and so attend everygAme possible

No

Promotions aren't necessary for me, but fireworks are a big event here in Vancouver ad very well done

Not important. Nat Bailey Stadium was built in 1951 and with upkeep will last another 50

Six hours is the longest

Yes

No

Four

Not a factor for us, but prices here are cheaper than a movie, and it is a big factor

Max
Old 11-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:

Around 40

I love baseball

Nope, I still go when I can.

I have recommended to the team many times to have an old timers game, honor Dick Stuart for his 66 home run season, hand out photos of some of the all time greats who played for Lincoln, etc... They have ignored me.

Not at all

I won't...I have a ballpark in my hometown.

Yep.

No, although it has been a lot more fun in the years we are winning.

One.

Tickets are cheap and parking is free. I doubt I'd go to as many games if it cost me to park and the ticket prices were higher.
<>
Old 11-03-2013, 05:31 PM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years? 20-25

2. What is the biggest factor that brings you to the ballpark? promotions, day of week, newness of stadium, visiting team, or something else (please describe) Just love baseball

Doesn't matter to me

5. How important is the newness of the stadium in your decision to attend a ball game? Doesn't matter to me

Depends, I usually attend when I am on a trip or vacation. I will drive 2 hours to go to Dayton, Columbus, Lexington or Louisville

7. Do you buy team branded merchandise? No, most of it looks awful to me. I will if it looks very good though

9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years? About 10-12

10. How much of a factor does parking and ticket prices have on your decision to attend the games? If the parking is stupid outrageous, I wont go again, but I can't remember when that was a factor
Old 11-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years? ten

2. What is the biggest factor that brings you to the ballpark? promotions, day of week, newness of stadium, visiting team, or something else (please describe) day of the week

4. What promotion or marketing event would you recommend to the team? B1, G1 Tickets/family night

5. How important is the newness of the stadium in your decision to attend a ball game? NOT Important

6. How far will you travel to attend a minor league baseball game? Not more than the 5 miles I travel now

7. Do you buy team branded merchandise? NO

8. Does the success of the team factor in your decision to attend games? NO

9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years? ONE

Important factor
Old 11-03-2013, 08:00 PM
T0dd M@rcum

Mainly having the time to go. We are at a busy part of life.

Promotions: Especially something like monkey rodeo or cheap beer night...I often take my dog to Bark in the Park...on Sundays you are allowed to take your dog.

I have a baseball encyclopedia I like to get signed...if there's an opposing coach or manager I remember I wlll get there early to try to get it signed.

Stopped for a while a few years back. Had a problem with ownership in a promotion I did not feel like they lived up to that I had done for my business.

Cheap midweek tickets. Saturday tickets are worth more than Tuesday tickets...I need something to motivate me to get me out.

None. The ballpark I attend most is very modern, but I think old parks have charm.

It has to be convenient...no more than an hour.

No. If I get it free I wear it.

No, though I am likely to attend a playoff game if the team makes the playoffs.

9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years? Three or four.

10. How much of a factor does parking and ticket prices have on your decision to attend the games? Depends...my local team has crept up to about $10, which is starting to seem expensive. It's not bad for just me, but is pretty bad if I am taking my daughter and wife who would much rather go to the movies for the same money.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Archive

Hi Brent

1. 3 (Toledo Mud Hens & Lake Erie Crushers)

2. I like the small venue and the closeness to the field.

3. No

4. Draw random seat numbers and give away free merchandise. Even just a T-shirt would be good for advertising the team/stadium. Get the kids involved. Let them come on the field and take a swing or two of the bat or maybe even field a few grounders. Food promos are nice too. The closest minor league team to me has "Two for Tuesday" nights. Two hot dogs for $2 & two beers for $2. The Lake Erie Crushers had a contest for the fans to come up with the team's name.

5. Not important at all

6. 60 miles

7. No

8. No

9. 2

10. Quite a bit. Another factor is parking location.

While we are on the subject, there is a new minor league team starting up 20 minutes from my home and I can't wait. They've already hired Bill Madlock as the manager.

Jantz
Old 11-03-2013, 08:27 PM

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years? 100+

2. What is the biggest factor that brings you to the ballpark? promotions, day of week, newness of stadium, visiting team, or something else (please describe) My job is covering the Pittsburgh Pirates, with a majority of the coverage being the minor leagues. I also have a nine game season ticket package with four of my family members

4. What promotion or marketing event would you recommend to the team? Throwback nights, old school uniforms and themes

5. How important is the newness of the stadium in your decision to attend a ball game? None

6. How far will you travel to attend a minor league baseball game? As a fan, I've gone two hours

9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years? Six

10. How much of a factor does parking and ticket prices have on your decision to attend the games? While most games I attend now are on a media pass(no costs), I have paid in the past and the low cost of minor league games is helpful because the prices are so much cheaper than major league games. The family season tickets come out to $10 each including shipping I believe
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS
Old 11-03-2013, 08:56 PM

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years? Two.

2. What is the biggest factor that brings you to the ballpark? promotions, day of week, newness of stadium, visiting team, or something else (please describe) Just like to see some baseball action at least once a year (missed a couple of years ago--lightning scared us off). Day of the week would be the only factor...like to go on the weekend.

4. What promotion or marketing event would you recommend to the team? I think the more family type promotions a team offers, the better the attendance will be, and will promote future dedicated customers in the seasons to come.

5. How important is the newness of the stadium in your decision to attend a ball game? It is not important, but a newer stadium is nice.

6. How far will you travel to attend a minor league baseball game? Not very far at all.

7. Do you buy team branded merchandise? No...I'm cheap.

8. Does the success of the team factor in your decision to attend games? No.

9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years? One.

10. How much of a factor does parking and ticket prices have on your decision to attend the games? A certain amount...it is definitely nice that prices are a fraction of what they would be at a major league park.

Brian
Old 11-03-2013, 09:17 PM
H Murphy

The queen and I go to 2 or 3 Portland Seadogs and 2 or 3 Lowell Spinner`s games each year. Entire game, tix/parking/food goes about 50-60 bucks and we buy merchandise for the grandkids and a new hat/shirt each season. The ride is 40 minutes for lowell and the Portland games are vacation trip extras. Good Stuff !!!
Old 11-04-2013, 06:24 AM
Mike Dugan

1. 25-30 Arkansas Travelers games
2. Visit with friends, family and enjoy the game
3. no
4. It seems they have every promotion known to man
5. I think everyone was sad when the old stadium was torn down but attendance at the new ballpark in Little Rock has been tremendous
6. I have about an hour drive which makes weekday nights tough
7. I but programs and yearbooks but no clothing
8. I don't the record matters, it is just being at the park
9. Just Dickey-Stephens in North Little Rock
10. Parking is $5.00 so not bad and tickets are $7.50, if it gets in the $15.00 range I think attendance would really suffer
Old 11-04-2013, 08:20 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:

1. 40-50
2. Price/value and ease of access. I live 4 miles from the Durham Bulls and ride my bike to the games and live less than 1.5 hours from 5 other affiliated minor league teams. I guess I just enjoy going to watch a baseball game in a relaxed atmosphere at a good price.
3. No
4. Unsure. Beyond Thirsty Thursdays , they usually don't influence my decision, since it is more related to my availability to attend.
5. Somewhat, though I do enjoy being able to stand behind the dugout and watch the game at one of the older stadiums.
6. On a regular basis? About 1.5 hours. Though I often plan stops at other minor league games when I'm away.
7. Yes.
8. Not really.
9. About a dozen.
10. Not much, since ticket prices are generally under $10 and most places I've gone I can usually find free/cheap parking.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:40 AM
pete ullman

maybe 1 or 2

proximity to my house...1/2 mile away, free parking/none needed, promotions

new saints ballpark imminent...lowertown st paul...should help increase viewership due to new ballpark, more hip location, proximity to bars/restaurants

not very

no

not really

it's a significant factor
Old 11-04-2013, 09:41 AM
pariah1107

Quote:

1. 20-25
2. Days off from work. Promotions were a nice bonus, but seldom the only reason to go to the ballpark.
3. Yes. The Yakima Bears left town, for greener pastures in Oregon. Did not go to a Wenatchee Apple Sox game either last summer, no reason.
4. Fireworks.
5. Parker Field in Yakima was built in the late 30's. Many amenities were poor quality and the food got progressively worse as the team closed shop. No factor, other than nostalgia.
6. 45 miles from Ellensburg to Yakima.
7. Only if it was made before 1980. Which was often still at the merchandise stand in 2012.
8. Not really, regionally appealing.
9. Three
10. Absolutely a factor. Ticket, parking & concession prices. I could attend a Yakima Bears game with my daughter for less than $25.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Luke Keeler

Quote:

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years? 3

2. What is the biggest factor that brings you to the ballpark? promotions, day of week, newness of stadium, visiting team, or something else (please describe)Day of the week. When Casper, WY had the Ghost/Rockies I would go to see Rockies' players rehab, or to catch recently drafted prospects play. Now we just have a summer league team of college players

3. Have you stopped attending games? If so, why? No, though losing the Pioneer League minor league team to Grand Junctions, CO was painful

4. What promotion or marketing event would you recommend to the team?No preference

5. How important is the newness of the stadium in your decision to attend a ball game? Not important

6. How far will you travel to attend a minor league baseball game?Travel 15 minutes

7. Do you buy team branded merchandise?No

8. Does the success of the team factor in your decision to attend games?Yeah. Don't have time to watch crappy ball

9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years?3

Good ball can justify higher prices
Old 11-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Al

Hi Brent!

Here's my response. Good luck!

-Al

6-7, plus 3 Cape Cod League games.

The quality of the play.

No.

More promotions for local youth sports teams. Discounted tickets, private parties, etc. Also, renting out the park to youth sports teams during road trips.

Not at all.

1 hour.

No.

No.

5, plus three Cape Cod League parks.

Very little, though if it was as expensive as a major league game, we probably wouldn't be as motivated to go on a whim.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Wow im totAlly shocked at the responces. Well as for me i have never been to a minor league game. All other questions i guess dont apply.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:51 PM

About 50

Enjoying the game esp. With my son. Having affordable seats close to players.

No

Minor league teams should promote their history more.

I enjoy going to some of the older parks. I do like comfort but also like parks with character, which is more important than age.

On occasional basis maybe 75+ Miles; regular basis about 40 miles

I don't; my family does.

Yes, but only to moderate extent. I might go to about 30 percent more games for dynamic first place team compared to bottom dweller.

It affects number of games. As price goes up I just go less.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

Thank you for all the responses. I am pleasantly surprised.

This has given me a great start.

If anyone is willing to do a recorded interview based on this topic, please PM me. I'd like to get a few people at both ends of the spectrum. Less than 5 games the past 3 years and 25 or more the last 5 years.

Thanks again,
Brent

Last edited by brewing; 11-04-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Bruce Esser

Quote:

At least 50.

Available time, good weather, grandsons are available.

Baseball cards. (like the Omaha Cardinals sets in the late 50's)

Not at all. Historic stadiums are more interesting.

A couple of hours, or go to game when visiting.

Yes, way to much

no

Beaucoup. Omaha (2), Sioux City (ind), Lincoln (ind), Kansas City (ind), Des Moines (AAA), Peoria, Burlington, Cedar Rapids, Clinton, Quad Cities (A), Savannah, Augusta (A)

not at all. Easy to get to is a factor.

http://www.nebaseballhistory.com/
Old 11-05-2013, 10:15 AM
And.rew Whi.te

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years? 10-20

2. What is the biggest factor that brings you to the ballpark? promotions, day of week, newness of stadium, visiting team, or something else (please describe) Great value, good baseball on a sunny summer day and the ability to see many up and coming ball players before they get jaded by huge money.

Continue with the concession specials (dollar hot dog/beer nights)

More family friendly promotions to make it more affordable for families to attend games. Example: 25 bucks gets admission to the game, 4 dogs and 4 sodas.

5. How important is the newness of the stadium in your decision to attend a ball game? Not very important. My local "A" ball minor league team plays at a glorified high school stadium and I would attend regardless. A new ballpark would be nice but it wouldnt affect my decision to attend any more games per year.

6. How far will you travel to attend a minor league baseball game? 50 Miles or less

If the team is in the playoffs I will try to attend more games but generally the success of the team has zero impact on if I go to a game or not.

9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years? 3

It is a huge factor for me as I cannot afford MLB prices so I go to the next best thing. My local minor league team offers a great value for the money as there is no parking charges and one can frequently obtain a ticket to the game for the cost of a value meal at any fast food restaurant. If the ticket prices reached double digits I would most likely still attend but maybe not as frequently as I do now. __________________
Old 11-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Probably about 100 (of a possible 114).

Quote:
I am a season ticket holder. I don't need anything else to bring me into the stadium.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
Dollar hot dog and soda nights are great.

Quote:
Not a factor. My local team plays in a 60 year old stadium and I love the place.

Quote:
I haven't yet but I would travel 4-5 hours to attend a road game.

Quote:
Do I? Oh lordy, do I. I have a dozen game worn jerseys and more hats, shirts, and knick knacks than I can count.

Quote:
No. Unless I get the feeling they are absolutely not trying, the results don't matter. I don't ever look at the standings and don't care if the team makes the playoffs as we don't attend them anyway. Even a few years ago when they were averaging over 4 errors a game, I went every night.

Quote:
One.

Quote:
Since I really only attend the games of one team, this is a non-issue. However, that said, parking is free and tickets are cheap ($8 each for the best box seats in the stadium). If that jumped to $5 for parking and $15 for tickets, we'd stop going.

My wife & I are season ticketholders for the Spokane Indians, short season 'A' affiliate of the Texas Rangers. We've had tickets for over a decade.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Stefan

Quote:

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years? close to 200

autographing, I also travel for work and have an alumni card (free admission) from my days as a bat boy so free entertainment
3. Have you stopped attending games? If so, why?nope, if anything I have began attending more (after "getting settled" in my career)

4. What promotion or marketing event would you recommend to the team? i love free cards, $1 beers and autograph days

5. How important is the newness of the stadium in your decision to attend a ball game? not super important as long as they aren't crap (looking at you sand gnats!)

6. How far will you travel to attend a minor league baseball game?depends on the players who are playing (big prospect, rehaber,etc.). Furthest so far is a little over 3 hours

7. Do you buy team branded merchandise?yes

8. Does the success of the team factor in your decision to attend games? no

9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years? honestly, close to 50-60

10. How much of a factor does parking and ticket prices have on your decision to attend the games? doesn't effect me! (Alumni card)
Posted answers above. I'd be willing to be interviewed as well.

Last edited by Smanzari; 11-06-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:01 PM
J僃 ß@rl0w

About 20 - Round Rock Express (Texas Rangers AAA)

Cost. I can go to a game with my wife and daughter, have dinner there, and get 3 seats 50 feet from home plate for about $60.

Not in general, but the central Texas heat does keep me away from some games in the Summer.

Let the kids in attendance run the bases after the game.

Middle of the road.

I travel about 10 miles, but would probably go up to 50.

In 3 years, I've bought 1 hat.

No. Winning is nice, getting out to a game is nicer.

High impact
Old 11-08-2013, 07:12 PM

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years? 2 or 3

2. What is the biggest factor that brings you to the ballpark? promotions, day of week, newness of stadium, visiting team, or something else (please describe) Our church had a group outing.

4. What promotion or marketing event would you recommend to the team? Kids run the bases, players sign autographs after game for kids, free baseball card giveaways, discounts for groups.

5. How important is the newness of the stadium in your decision to attend a ball game? Not real important

6. How far will you travel to attend a minor league baseball game? 1 hour or less

7. Do you buy team branded merchandise? No

9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years? 3 - Ft Wayne and South Bend, Indiana and Peoria, Illinois

10. How much of a factor does parking and ticket prices have on your decision to attend the games? Lots. I don't want to pay much for minor league baseball.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Skip

Quote:

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years? 75

I am a supplier, so I schedule my sales calls around home games

3. Have you stopped attending games? If so, why? Nope

4. What promotion or marketing event would you recommend to the team? See #2

5. How important is the newness of the stadium in your decision to attend a ball game? See #2 - but otherwise not a factor

6. How far will you travel to attend a minor league baseball game? Within sales territory, but have visited Buffalo (on business) and Louisville (for pleasure) too

7. Do you buy team branded merchandise? You bet

9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years? 20

if not on business, not a factor