NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-15-2015, 12:37 AM
Jeff R

Default This seems odd to me...

I lost out on these Mathewson cards tonight, which is probably good because I don't need to be spending the $$. BUT, when I looked at the bidding, I was the only bidder that wasn't listed as "private". I've never seen anything like that before. When I started to look at the seller a little more, he sells almost exclusively reprints, and many of his cards are slabbed by less then reputable companies: GMA, RGA, and another company I couldn't make out. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't be bidding in his auctions. Nevertheless, I'm not saying he is doing anything explicitly wrong, it just all seems odd to me. Any thoughts? Or am I just off base. I sincerely hope the seller isn't a Net54 member as the last thing I want to do is put a spotlight on someone that doesn't deserve it.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221793848204
Successful Net54 transactions with: t206fix x2, Shammus, mybuddyinc x3, FrankWakefield, Brian Van Horn, Jrsox, Vintagetoppsguy, powderfinger, Bocabirdman x2, Baseball*Collectibles, bcbgcbrcb, Vintageismygame, usernamealreadytaken, oldjudge x2, Joshchisox08, rocarroll, Voodoochild, Sebie43 and frankbmd and more...
Old 06-15-2015, 12:49 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

The T205 is a reprint.

If you're looking for a reprint of a 1982 Topps Cal Ripken or a reproduction of a Kate Upton autograph, bid away in his auctions.

Last edited by drcy; 06-15-2015 at 01:51 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:02 AM
Jeff R

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
The T205 is a reprint.
I don't even own any T205, I only collect the T206, and occasionally a T213 or another pre war card that catches my eye. I wouldn't be able to tell a T205 reprint from an original if it slapped me across the face. I thought the T206 looked good for PSA 1 grade and would of been willing to pay what I bid just for that card.
Successful Net54 transactions with: t206fix x2, Shammus, mybuddyinc x3, FrankWakefield, Brian Van Horn, Jrsox, Vintagetoppsguy, powderfinger, Bocabirdman x2, Baseball*Collectibles, bcbgcbrcb, Vintageismygame, usernamealreadytaken, oldjudge x2, Joshchisox08, rocarroll, Voodoochild, Sebie43 and frankbmd and more...
Old 06-15-2015, 01:23 AM
Rich v@n He$$

No comments on the T205 - not my expertise and I dont feel like Im getting a good view thru the holder.....but its worth noting that your ID shows up as "private" when I click on the link (as they all do). There's nothing fishy about the bid listings, at least.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:50 AM
Jeff R

Default Hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post
No comments on the T205 - not my expertise and I dont feel like Im getting a good view thru the holder.....but its worth noting that your ID shows up as "private" when I click on the link (as they all do). There's nothing fishy about the bid listings, at least.
Interesting that my ID shows up as private also. I've never seen a bid listing of all private ID's.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:13 AM
Scott S

The seller can set listings to have all bidders show up as private - it's not tied to the bidder's settings but the seller.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:09 AM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

T205 is no good
Old 06-15-2015, 11:36 AM
Jeff R

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
The seller can set listings to have all bidders show up as private - it's not tied to the bidder's settings but the seller.
Ahhhh... Thanks Scott, good to know.

Last edited by Jeff_cvc; 06-15-2015 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Ah, the wild wonderful world of eBay.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
The biggest detriment to ebay's users being able to police shilling was making the bidding ids be private.