NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-17-2015, 11:22 AM
Tim Carroll

Default 1888 Goodwin Champions....Mighty Casey?

Yes....yes it is.

Had an opportunity to do some work for the National Pastime Museum (Casey at the Bat-inspired). Since it was written in 1888, I thought Casey should have his own card. Approximately 17" x 27". Made from cut cards. Not available.

www.timcarrollart.com

Facebook/Instagram/Twitter: @timcarrollart
Old 06-17-2015, 12:10 PM

I love this idea and the quality/look is fantastic! I'm all for anything that makes cards from 80&up less common and you literally turn them into a work of art. Great job
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS
Old 06-17-2015, 12:31 PM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

Awesome job. That would also make for a great custom card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28jd View Post
I'm all for anything that makes cards from 80&up less common
I have no artistic skill, but it sounds like you would like the bonfires I've been having.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:53 PM
Eric Perry

Tim,

Hello, my friend.

Great job on Mighty Casey. Best fantasy card on this side of the site. Definitely on par with Mouschi's Jose Canseco Post-War creations.

Best regards,

Eric Perry

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 06-17-2015, 06:02 PM
Eric
Eric

Default Tim

Once again, amazing! You are a true artist Tim
Old 06-17-2015, 06:06 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Beautiful! Tim is an amazing talent. I am honored to have one of his pieces, with another coming.

Jay
Old 06-17-2015, 06:20 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Beautiful card! Did u ever do any babe ruth cards or t205's?
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:48 PM
Tim Carroll

Thank you to all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
Tim,

Hello, my friend.

Great job on Mighty Casey. Best fantasy card on this side of the site. Definitely on par with Mouschi's Jose Canseco Post-War creations.

Best regards,

Eric Perry
Hi Eric....great to hear from you! Hope all is well with you and yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Beautiful! Tim is an amazing talent. I am honored to have one of his pieces, with another coming.

Jay
I appreciate the endorsement, Jay. Looking forward to to hanging another great one on your wall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
Beautiful card! Did u ever do any babe ruth cards or t205's?
Thanks! I am currently working on a commissioned '33 Goudey green Ruth. I am looking forward to tackling some of my favorite T205's in the future (Walter, Cy, Ty, among others).

Tim

www.timcarrollart.com

Facebook/Instagram/Twitter: @timcarrollart
Old 06-18-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewing View Post
Awesome job. That would also make for a great custom card.

I have no artistic skill, but it sounds like you would like the bonfires I've been having.
Burning 80's-90's cards I guess? I couldn't do it, but getting rid of them in bunches is the only way they would ever be worth something in the future. I like less evil approaches like the art work shown here or handing them out to kids in school or at Halloween.

I figure the latter works well two ways. Either you get future collectors, or the cards just get thrown out/ruined by the kids. If you can get some hooked by giving a pile of 50-100 cards that are twice as old as them, then that helps the hobby. I know I would have loved that when I was a kid, but I started collecting when I was five.
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS