NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Joe D

Default New Member

Hello from PA, Getting back into collecting after about a decade off just getting singles here and there. Been reading the forum on and off for a while and enjoy learning from the knowledgeable collectors.

Joe
Old 07-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Welcome!

My wife's family is just north of you in Indiana, PA. Nice part of the country over there.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:41 PM
Lonnie Nagel

Welcome Aboard IceMan - Hope your going to be a "post war" kind of collector (more than our fair share of PreWar guys) - I keep tellin em that PreWar refers to Vietnam - they're not buyin it. Spent Lots of years up in Northwest Ohio - so we are kinda ex neighbors
Old 07-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Joe D

Thanks Justin and toledo for the welcome! IUP in Indiana PA, is about 45 minutes away from me. Nice except for those bad winters , The fall and summers are amazingly gorgeous. Yeah, I'm definitely a "post war" (was there a war or two before Vietnam ) and "modern" collector. I do love those prewar cards and the few that I have. May delve into them after I get established more at work. Went to college in Erie so we were neighbors

Thanks Guys
Joe
Old 07-08-2018, 04:58 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I hope your enjoyment of the site is so great that you become worthy of a purple sticker!!!!!!! (Yep, that's an inside joke here.) Welcome aboard!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:05 PM
Joe D

Thanks Jolly! How about a nice big Stargell Star instead????
Old 07-16-2018, 04:34 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

A belated, welcome. Slow and easy is a good strategy for vintage. We have a fairly active post war side of the board too. Happy collecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman15658 View Post
Hello from PA, Getting back into collecting after about a decade off just getting singles here and there. Been reading the forum on and off for a while and enjoy learning from the knowledgeable collectors.

Joe
Old 07-16-2018, 04:49 PM
J@$0n.Chri$$i$

Welcome Iceman! I'm born in raised in Pittsburgh and also went to college near Erie (Edinboro). Living down south now and definitely don't miss the lake effect snow.

***I've had 50+ successful BST transactions as both a buyer and a seller. Please feel free to PM me for references***
Old 07-16-2018, 05:13 PM
Tony

Welcome aboard; and if you bleed green being from PA like me. I'll make it in all caps and say HELLO NEIGHBOR.

Last edited by cardsnstuff; 07-16-2018 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:56 PM
Joe D

Thanks Leon, You have a great forum. On the few others that I am a part of, I usually get only one or two replies in the "welcome" thread post. Seems like a good and positive group. Thanks for having me

Voodoo, A fellow Fighting Scot! BORO 2007, Nothing like going to bed with grass then waking up with 2.5' of snow and walking to class.

Cardsnstuff! HELLO NEIGHBOR (they do need to work on these potholes though )