NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-13-2017, 12:49 PM
Bill Gregory

Default Shipping boxes?

Hey guys,

I'm just curious where you guys buy boxes from when you're shipping graded cards, either ones you've sold to others, or ones you are using to ship to a TPG like SGC or PSA?

I'm going to be selling off a significant portion of my modern baseball card collection, and when I get back to work, I'll be focusing on the vintage and pre-war only. I can't drive anywhere for three more weeks, so I'm looking to get sturdy boxes that I can buy online and have shipped to me. I can always use padded mailers for single cards, but for something like a graded Bryce Harper rookie, or a Mike Trout, I want to send it in something that will protect the card like Ft. Knox.

Thanks for the input, guys. Much appreciated!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:53 PM
Tim C

Bill -

You can order them for free from USPS.

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/...pping-supplies
Old 03-13-2017, 12:58 PM
Rob G.

For expensive cards, I put them in a bubble mailer and put that in a USPS Priority box and tape it up. Never had an issue.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:05 PM
Bill Gregory

Wow, thank you guys for the input. That helps a great deal.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:23 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

The last set of boxes I got were these http://www.ebay.com/itm/380719017445...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I generally use these for anything over $100 or more than 2/3 graded cards.
I make a sandwich with two extra pieces of cardboard cut to just fit inside the box but still slightly large than the graded card case. Graded cards have just a little wiggle room. You can easily ship multiple cards by first class without a problem. I don't recall how many cards exactly you could put in before you go over the weight limit for first class, but I know if your only shipping 3-5 graded cards it will likely only cost you $2.77 (through ebay/paypal multi-order shipping) and therefore being able to cut the cost of shipping in half compared to a small flat rate box.

DJ
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 03-13-2017, 01:46 PM

Graded cards I do in small bubble mailers and then put them inside a medium bubble mailer.

Sets or multiple graded cards I put in either small Beckett boxes or large Beckett boxes that I get back from them when I have graded cards.

Ask me about discounted BGS/BVG pricing for Net54 Members!
Old 03-13-2017, 01:52 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I know people have issues with the US Postal Service, and UPS is pretty good. . . . . but at all costs avoid those UPS stores that ship for you. What clip joints there are. They will charge you $40+ dollars to ship something for 2 day service that the postal service will deliver for 12 bucks. Highway robbery those places. My wife was sending boxes to colleges and when I saw the hundreds of dollars she was spending my head almost exploded. Boxes are free at the post office for priority mail. These stores will charge you outlandish prices. My experience is that often times they are 3 times as expensive as the post office. Avoid.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 03-13-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I know people have issues with the US Postal Service, and UPS is pretty good. . . . . but at all costs avoid those UPS stores that ship for you. What clip joints there are. They will charge you $40+ dollars to ship something for 2 day service that the postal service will deliver for 12 bucks. Highway robbery those places. My wife was sending boxes to colleges and when I saw the hundreds of dollars she was spending my head almost exploded. Boxes are free at the post office for priority mail. These stores will charge you outlandish prices. My experience is that often times they are 3 times as expensive as the post office. Avoid.
Convenience comes at a cost for those who are un-educated.

You're very right.

Ask me about discounted BGS/BVG pricing for Net54 Members!
Old 03-13-2017, 02:47 PM

BCW 400 counts work well also...
Old 03-13-2017, 02:48 PM
Peter Spaeth

USPS padded flat rate envelope (free, can be ordered online with an account) inside a USPS small flat rate box (same). Tape the seams, I have seen them open.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:28 PM
Jimmy

USPS is the best option, but if you need different sizes - I ask around at Walmart and other big stores

Jimmy
Old 03-13-2017, 06:31 PM
Ben North

I like to use 400 count boxes. Not recommending this seller, just showing what I use. http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-CSP-400-...cAAMXQhpdRsVHB
Old 03-13-2017, 06:53 PM
Mike Lenart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I like to use 400 count boxes. Not recommending this seller, just showing what I use. http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-CSP-400-...cAAMXQhpdRsVHB
I use the 400 count boxes for many items too. Mike
Old 03-14-2017, 11:10 PM
Bill Gregory

That's a good suggestion. $.55 each for 10, plus shipping. Very reasonable, and it leaves plenty of room for multiple cards, and bubble wrap if needed.

Thanks again, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoriano View Post
BCW 400 counts work well also...

Old 03-15-2017, 05:41 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
USPS padded flat rate envelope (free, can be ordered online with an account) inside a USPS small flat rate box (same). Tape the seams, I have seen them open.
I agree with Peter. You can open an account at USPS.com and order free boxes and free padded bags, and they will be shipped to your home with free shipping. Always apply extra tape on the seams of USPS boxes, especially the small flat rate boxes.

Never ship a graded card in a bubble mailer or padded bag, unless you have the card in a box inside the mailer, or the bubble mailer inside of a box.

If you need large quantities of boxes, photo mailers, or padded mailers, try Uline.com. You can order them by the case and prices are low, even with shipping costs factored in.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.