NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-11-2017, 12:36 PM
Joe Drelich

Default regarding item 26.

26. Any dealer who wishes to exhibit at the Philly Show may not exhibit at competing sports show with (50) miles of the Valley Forge venue
within (60) days of a Philly Show date. (NOTE: Per dealer inquiries, this policy applies to major sports convention shows only. Small ‘mall’
shows and dealer ‘shop’ appearance shows are not applicable).

*** This policy will be removed from the contract and is no longer applicable ***

www.phillyshow.com

www.phillyshow.com

www.csashows.com

www.ecsmsports.com

Last edited by NC-Vintage; 02-11-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-11-2017, 03:50 PM
Jimmy

Good Luck with the show - setup long time ago, maybe 10 years now sense the last time, but will maybe look into it again if I can. At least a visit would be fun and do some buying and selling

Thanks for info

Jimmy
Old 02-11-2017, 04:01 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Hey Joe, thanks for the quick response. I think this will be a step in the right direction. I hope I can make it to the March show and you are able to revive the show back to where it was a few years ago.

DJ
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 02-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default show

joe
good luck

im going
Old 02-12-2017, 12:44 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Philly Show

Hi Joe:

I am not a dealer and have never set up at a show. As a long time card and memorabilia collector all I would request is to NOT make the show into an autograph show.

Did you head up a show in Oaks PA. a few years back? If so it seemed to me that autographs were the focus and not the dealers. Perhaps it was because they could not/would not attend due to the language in the Hunt contract that you have already said would be deleted.

I have never attended shows in Chantilly, which again I think you run, but in asking collectors about it they all say it is more of an autograph show.

I know there are a lot of autograph collectors out there, and Dave Hunt and most other shows have autograph guests. I am sure it is a primary profit maker and I assume it brings people in the doors, but I was at another Oaks show where there seemed to be more than 40 or so autograph guests where most were sitting around waiting for someone to approach their tables.

Everyone was there from 1960 Philadelphia Eagles to Shirley from Laverne and Shirley, to wrestlers, boxers, other "old TV and "B" movie stars etc. There were a lot more autograph tables than dealer tables.

I would hate the Philly show with it's historic predecessors ( Ft. Washington, and Willow Grove ) turn into "just another autograph show"

Fred
Old 02-12-2017, 04:52 AM
Joe

Wish you could get BBCE back at the show. The vintage wax at the show now is very small.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:52 AM
Joe Drelich

Hello Fred,

No, I was not involved in any way with the Oakes shows that were run in the past.
They were run by Marco ( The original owner of CSA) and Fanatics. I think the show you are referring to was the Fanatics show.

With regards to autograph guests, no, the intention is not at all to turn it into
an autograph show. My intent is to have the autograph aspect compliment the vintage card show.
I have been buying and selling vintage cards autographs and memorabilia as a full time
business since 1996 so that is my primary focus. I have been doing minor research on the show back to the Willow Grove and Ft. Washington days from an autograph perspective.
What I noticed is Bob use to have free autograph guests on each day of the show
While I'm not certain with the costs of athletes today I can replicate that exactly. My intention is to try
to bring out 1-2 free guests per show.

So for the March show Philadelphia legend Bobby Shantz who is now 91
years old and golfing several times per week, will be signing FREE autographs 1 per paid admission on Friday.
So if you would like a FREE auto. simply ask for a voucher when you pay
your admission to the show on Friday. All of the shows autograph guests
are up to date and posted on the website, the theme for this show was
Philadelphia Eagles Past and Present. The September shows main focus
will be on 10-15 guests primarily baseball with 1-2 FREE guests.

I will have more announcements in the near future regarding the show.

With regards to the request for BBCE and Steve Hart. I have reached out to
Steve and am currently waiting to hear back from him regarding BBCE
setting up at the show.

www.phillyshow.com

www.phillyshow.com

www.csashows.com

www.ecsmsports.com
Old 02-12-2017, 09:08 AM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Vintage View Post
Hello Fred,

No, I was not involved in any way with the Oakes shows that were run in the past.
They were run by Marco ( The original owner of CSA) and Fanatics. I think the show you are referring to was the Fanatics show.

With regards to autograph guests, no, the intention is not at all to turn it into
an autograph show. My intent is to have the autograph aspect compliment the vintage card show.
I have been buying and selling vintage cards autographs and memorabilia as a full time
business since 1996 so that is my primary focus. I have been doing minor research on the show back to the Willow Grove and Ft. Washington days from an autograph perspective.
While I'm not certain with the costs of athletes today I can replicate that exactly. My intention is to try

years old and golfing several times per week, will be signing FREE autographs 1 per paid admission on Friday.

setting up at the show.

www.phillyshow.com
Awesome! Keep us posted!
Old 02-12-2017, 02:31 PM
Jeff P

I don't mind the autograph crowd at Chantilly. Anything that helps pay the bills and make the show successful I'm all for. What I DON'T like is the incessant calls for people to head to the autograph area. It drowns out all collector/dealer conversations all. day. long.

Isn't there a quieter way to get autograph seekers to their designated area without disrupting the entire card show?

jeff
Old 02-12-2017, 02:42 PM
Brandon Bailey

Great to hear, I have been attending since 1988 back before I was old enough to have a license and my Dad would drive me the couple hours each way to attend. Nothing better than a rainy weekend at the George Washington motor lodge, leaky roof and all. Great memories of the show and I still try to make at least 1 a year
Old 02-12-2017, 08:45 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Vintage View Post
Hello Fred,

setting up at the show.

www.phillyshow.com
Joe:

Thanks for clearing up my confusion on your ownership/running of the Oaks shows. Glad to hear you were not in charge of them.

Hope your stewardship returns the show to it's glory days, though with the advent of the internet it seems nothing will ever be like it was again.

Good Luck with the show. I'll be there early Friday.

Best,

Fred
Old 02-13-2017, 05:08 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
\
Hope your stewardship returns the show to it's glory days, though with the advent of the internet it seems nothing will ever be like it was again.
I dunno, I did Chantilly for the first time this past summer and it was pretty impressive. As a dealer it felt more like the "Good Old Days" then any other show I've done.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 02-13-2017, 06:20 AM
Deron Manndel

Exciting news. This is the only show I ever go to and usually make two of the three shows per year. In comparison to when I first started attending years ago, this is a much needed revival.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:36 AM
B.ob L.amb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
I dunno, I did Chantilly for the first time this past summer and it was pretty impressive. As a dealer it felt more like the "Good Old Days" then any other show I've done.
Exactly! I have noticed over the last few years that Chantilly has recruited more quality vintage card/memorabilia dealers. I would sat that 40-45% of the room is card dealers with the balance being autograph related.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:59 PM

Ill be there
Old 03-03-2017, 04:01 PM

Default Show Report

Any reports on the show? Friday crowded?
Old 03-03-2017, 05:32 PM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default show

awesome

plenty of dealers, good prices