NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-12-2023, 05:24 AM
pete ullman

Default Question re DALSHIRE INT'L Auction

Does anyone have experience with this outfit out of texas that operates through LIVE AUCTIONEERS?

I was made privy to this auction last night via facebook I believe. They had an incredible array of Babe Ruth signed items, Honus Wagner signed items...in addition to other museum quality pieces.

I thought, small auction out of texas...perhaps a collection from a wealthy oil man. I know, sounds too good to be true, NOW!

I ended up winning numerous items...I was so excited to finally have signed babe ruth item(s).

I then called a hobby friend to express my excitement when he warned me about auctions on liveauctioneers.

I then did some research and learned that items this outfit sells are dubious.

I put a freeze on my cc...emailed the outfit telling them I plan to not pay due to their dubious hx. Waiting for a reply.

Any advice????
Old 10-12-2023, 05:28 AM
Ed
Ed DeS.erio

Yeah run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2023, 06:02 AM
octavio ranzola

Hi pete another coaches corner
Old 10-12-2023, 09:03 AM
Dave

https://www.net54baseball.com/showth...light=dalshire
Old 10-12-2023, 09:25 AM
Rocky Rockwell

Default Just in time

You dodged a bullet. Be aware that you may now be on scammers “radar” as someone who may be a potential victim….. and watch out extra carefully if you start getting unsolicited offers for autographed items from unknown sources. They will go away quickly if you don’t play their games. Congrats on NOT losing money on this situation.
Old 10-12-2023, 09:39 AM
Steve Birmingham

The auction house is probably bad, but the live auctioneers venue is ok, just a venue to promote auctions and handle their online bidding etc without them having to be experts at that.

A wide range of auction places on there, from good but small to totally crooked.
Old 10-12-2023, 07:40 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

As I said last year …it looks like CC has expanded to Texas . Their stuff is horrible with no attempt to make items look even close to their subjects / offerings.
I’m glad you got out if it but there are probably a number of winners who aren’t so lucky and believe they’ve won a great item at a great price.
Old 10-12-2023, 11:42 PM
Mike Kaminski

Yep, some really bad offerings - really discouraging to see such blatantly fake items being peddled on large platforms with seemingly no repercussions.
Old 10-13-2023, 07:47 AM
Sonny Smith

As Steve mentioned above, Live Auctioneers (as well as Invaluable / AuctionZip) are both used by many legitimate auction companies (Sotheby's, Heritage, Hindman, etc.), but since any company can pay to use their auction software - there are and will be some bad characters selling on there.

Dalshire has been selling blatantly fake items on there for a while. There are a few other companies who regularly do the same. The easiest way to tell an auction house to stay away from on there is to look at their past auctions. All of the "bad" ones run the same stuff over and over again and have crazy high estimated prices and lots of unsold items every auction. If you see that, don't even bother looking at their listings. Also, Dalshire has a ton of negative reviews on Google (don't go by the reviews on LiveAuctioneers as the bad companies usually flood those with fake positive reviews).

Not sure how these companies get away with this repeated fraud, but you'd think at some some form of authority would look into it / shut it down. All of the evidence is out in the open...
Old 10-13-2023, 08:27 AM
Paul Lehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post

I then called a hobby friend to express my excitement when he warned me about auctions on liveauctioneers.

I then did some research and learned that items this outfit sells are dubious.
I was just wondering why you didn't do the research to investigate this company before you bid? Especially considering the potential high-end items being sold. Not pointing fingers or saying you did anything wrong, it was just a serious curiosity.
Old 10-13-2023, 09:05 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

This has to be a joke. No chance he actually bid on that crap! I was robbed, among others, by Prisco auctions out of Philadelphia on live auctioneers. They sent tracking #'s, but never sent items to anyone. No recourse with live auctioneers platform.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors

Last edited by Republicaninmass; 10-13-2023 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-13-2023, 09:55 AM
Kevin

Dalshire is basically forgery central, shit items, shit company.
Old 10-13-2023, 10:03 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
This has to be a joke. No chance he actually bid on that crap! I was robbed, among others, by Prisco auctions out of Philadelphia on live auctioneers. They sent tracking #'s, but never sent items to anyone. No recourse with live auctioneers platform.
Isn't he the one that touted the 1953 signed dollar bill of Babe Ruth? As I recall he might have even come onto the forum...

Old 10-13-2023, 12:27 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEHR View Post
I was just wondering why you didn't do the research to investigate this company before you bid? Especially considering the potential high-end items being sold. Not pointing fingers or saying you did anything wrong, it was just a serious curiosity.
i acted impulsively...as I can do from time to time.
Old 10-14-2023, 12:42 AM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default well

when the above auction company started to appear in my emails and feeds - I immediately wrote the live auction company providing examples of multiple obvious forgeries (ala CC) and asked how they could offer auctions from such a blatantly bogus company and expect people to then have any faith in the other auctions they feature. I never received a reply despite the very civil construction of my email.....
Old 10-14-2023, 06:27 AM
pete ullman

I have sent numerous messages to both live auctioneers and Delshire auction house… stating that I am not going to pay for my Auctions as the items are dubious. I have received no response from either source although I did get an email from live auctioneers overnight seeing my credit card will be automatically charged for the amount tomorrow. I put a freeze on the credit card, but I think I’m going to totally cancel the card today. Not sure what else to do?
Old 10-17-2023, 11:28 AM
pete ullman

just to update...Dalshire has been attempting to charge my credit card every day since last week...which I froze, and cancelled. They are now filing a dispute which may affect my ability to bid in the future with liveauctioneers apparently.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:20 AM

Default Stay Away from Dalshire--FAR Away

My sole reason for registering with this forum is to warn people off Dalshire.
(I am of course aso a collector of sports memorabilia.)

The CEO of Dalshire is John House. He has been disbarred from practicing law in California and has operated auctions under various names in Texas. I have worked for John Houe and can confirm that hisc haracter is virtually non-existent.

He has noit paid many vendors (including me), has not paid or paid only a portion of monry owed to employees and even urged some employess to seek unemployment compensation then come back to work for him under the table.
I would consider anything he sold to be highly doubtful as to authenticity.

Wayne DeWald
Old 04-24-2024, 10:15 AM

Default Texas John.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridian671 View Post
My sole reason for registering with this forum is to warn people off Dalshire.
(I am of course aso a collector of sports memorabilia.)

The CEO of Dalshire is John House. He has been disbarred from practicing law in California and has operated auctions under various names in Texas. I have worked for John Houe and can confirm that hisc haracter is virtually non-existent.

He has noit paid many vendors (including me), has not paid or paid only a portion of monry owed to employees and even urged some employess to seek unemployment compensation then come back to work for him under the table.
I would consider anything he sold to be highly doubtful as to authenticity.

Wayne DeWald
...A search has him in Flower Mound ; we have a member who also lives there. Maybe a bit of searching around the local police records there could be interesting.
Old 04-24-2024, 03:27 PM

Default Dashire

He has been in at least three other locations since Flower Mound--
when I stopped at one location to drop off sopy I had written I found the doors chained and padlocked as a result of non-payment of rent. He is currently in Carrollton. I also know that House's business was raided once by the FBI--though apparently the confiscated goods--baseball memorabilia--was returned.
I saw large stacks of Mantle, Mays, Willliams, Aaron and many other photos.