NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Administrator

Default wow! September 2001.........

Posted By: mr. moses

It's been quite a long run so far with no end in sigt (hopefully). I just looked up the first few pages of posts to this board. Some of the more vocal people are still here which says quite a lot and some are not. I am new to this site although I did go out drinking with the group a few years ago at the national. I remember because I ended up paying 2 people's share of the bill "-) and additional tip money as many members were a bit wasted..... Does anyone care to comment on the past 5+ years here; the board then and now, the people, the future of the board or hobby? Maybe it would be cathartic for some that have forgotten why they came here in the first place, and interesting for them that wasn't...... I know I would be interested.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

5 years ago the board was more focused and the comunity was a bit tighter. As you stated so have left some are still here. There are only a few people that I have corresponded with on the board that I do not associate with. This are good people here with the common thread of vintage baseball card collecting.

Now if we can get back to that subject this would become a great board again and be focused. I know Leon is making an effort but let's make it happen.

As far as the future, I think it will always be bright. There might be some slow periods but overall it will continue to be strong.

I can't believe no one else responded to this thread.

Lee

Old 05-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Wesley

How many more of these whining threads do we need? We are all familiar with the raison d'etre for this board. Threads started to whine about off topic posts are almost as bad as the off topic posts themselves. So perhaps there should be a moratorium on the whining posts as well.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhys

I think the biggest change has been the demographics. Back before this board was N54 and it was on the Fullcount Board there was a thread about people's ages. When I posted that I was 23 at the time, it came out that my brother and I were the youngest on there by about 10-15 years at least. Now the demographics have changed so that a large percentage of the board participants are between 25-35 years old or even younger. There were lots and lots of discussions about how there was not enough young blood in the hobby and now it appears that is far from a major issue.

Rhys Yeakley

Old 05-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Administrator

I guess I need to change the word "tight" to something else, because the attack dogs seem to come out if you say something that offends them. Two different threads 2 attacks by 2 different people for my responses.

By the way I do feel this is a very legit thread by a newbie that once again gets a hijacking response.

Lee

Old 05-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

I guess I missed the hijack (is it PC to use that word anymore)?

Old 05-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Cobby,

Wes's response has nothing to do with the topic in the thread. That my friend is hijacking a thread.

Edited to add the fact that I ahve hijacked the thread to make a point of what hijacking is. Sorry

Lee

Old 05-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Administrator

or whatever your name is. Hard to believe you could interpret my post as whining. Pretty obvious how vacuous your life must be that you would respond with your own agenda to what was a normal question. I only intended to elicit some thoughts from the pool here of NORMAL people that have been here for some time. I tend to doubt you are member of such a set. Amazing.........
henry moses

Old 05-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Wesley

nevermind

Old 05-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Administrator

thanks for your opinion.......
henry moses

Old 05-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I am the only weasel around here...and damn proud of it....Now ya'll cut it out. I know both of you and you are both good guys....This place can be rough sometimes....(said as I am ducking)

Old 05-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter chao

Leon,

I may kid you about being Captain of the Traffic Boys...but your doing a great job as far as I'm concerned.

Peter

edited as I didn't want to bump this to the top but "thanks" Peter...I appreciate it (leon)