NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-07-2016, 09:53 AM
Јąмεș ωąlĸεѓ

Default Am I Out Of Luck ...

I recently bought this T206 off of eBay. The seller mailed the card using USPS tracking, but not insured. Here are the five most recent scans that show up on the USPS web site regarding the tracking number:

DATE & TIME: March 26, 2016 , 11:36 am
STATUS OF ITEM: Business Closed

Your item is being held at the Post Office in GREENFIELD, IN 46140 on March 26, 2016 at 11:36 am because the business was closed. The item will be delivered the next delivery day that the business is open. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender.

DATE & TIME: March 26, 2016 , 8:57 am
STATUS OF ITEM: Business Closed

DATE & TIME: March 26, 2016 , 8:06 am
STATUS OF ITEM: Out for Delivery

DATE & TIME: March 26, 2016 , 7:56 am
STATUS OF ITEM: Sorting Complete

DATE & TIME: March 26, 2016 , 4:53 am
STATUS OF ITEM: Arrived at Post Office

Needless to say, the card made it to the post office and was attempted to be delivered, but my work place (Business Closed) is closed on Saturday's. As a side note, I have all my cards shipped to my work place. It has been almost two weeks since the first (and only) delivery attempt, and the card has not been delivered. I have made about 6 trips to the post office to see if the card has showed up or any updated status, with no luck. For some reason they have a picture of the package, which they showed me, just not the actual package. The usual mail carrier has also checked with other business within the area to see if it was accidentally delivered there, with no luck on that.

I have contacted the seller of the card (through eBay) letting them know what was going, just in case the card ended up being sent back to them. Expressing to them that I am still wanting the card.

As a last resort, I plan on visiting the local "brick and mortar" card shop tomorrow (April 8) to see if maybe someone took the package and is trying to sell the card to them.

Guessing that since there was no insurance on the package, I can't file a claim for undelivered mail, even though the track number shows the package was never delivered, and that I'm out the cost of the card plus shipping.

Thanks,
James
Old 04-07-2016, 10:01 AM
Steven Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxFan View Post
I I can't file a claim for undelivered mail, even though the track number shows the package was never delivered
Why?
Old 04-07-2016, 10:06 AM
J0$H B^ck!ey

Did you call your post office?

Have you talked to the seller?
22/39 Unique Backs 56%
80/86 Minors 93%
25/48 Southern Leaguers 52%
6/10 Billy Sullivan back run 60%

237PSA / 94 SGC / 98 RAW

Excel spreadsheets only $5
T3, T201, T202, T204, T205, T206, T207, 1914 CJ, 1915 CJ, Topps 1952-1979, and more!!!!

Checklists sold (20)

T205 8/208 3.8%
Old 04-07-2016, 10:11 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
Why?

Agreed. Why?

If the seller can't show proof of delivery, he loses the case - the insurance protects him, not you. Had he purchased insurance and the card were to remain lost, he would be reimbursed by the USPS. Unfortunately, he didn't. That's on him, not you. Now, he loses his case and the money for the card.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:13 AM
James
James Kin.chen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshchisox08 View Post
Did you call your post office?

Needless to say, the card made it to the post office and was attempted to be delivered, but my work place (Business Closed) is closed on Saturday's. As a side note, I have all my cards shipped to my work place. It has been almost two weeks since the first (and only) delivery attempt, and the card has not been delivered. I have made about 6 trips to the post office to see if the card has showed up or any updated status, with no luck. For some reason they have a picture of the package, which they showed me, just not the actual package. The usual mail carrier has also checked with other business within the area to see if it was accidentally delivered there, with no luck on that.

Have you talked to the seller?

I have contacted the seller of the card (through eBay) letting them know what was going, just in case the card ended up being sent back to them. Expressing to them that I am still wanting the card.

Last edited by jfkheat; 04-07-2016 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:14 AM
David $tephens

Call your post office. I am not above driving over there on my lunch break if I know I got a card there.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:49 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Right, as others have said, if the package tracking does not show delivered, you will win your case on ebay.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Larry More.y

If the card (and not the claim through ebay) is what you are seeking, encourage the seller to open a case with the USPS.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:40 PM
Dave

If it was a Saturday, good chance it was a cover driver of the route, and he just kicked it back into the system as undeliverable. Might be on it's way back to the seller right now.

Could also be sitting around in the back of a rarely used delivery vehicle waiting for somebody to stumble upon it.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default PO

Go back to the PO. Don't talk to a clerk. Don't talk to a supervisor. Talk to the Postmaster. Tell him/her that this item is in his PO and that you expect him to produce it. Have him talk to the carrier who made the scan and tell him that you want the carrier to reimburse you for the cost of the card plus the shipping.
Tell him that you don't want to file an insurance claim and that you want the package, not the insurance. Be civil, but be firm.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Agreed. Why?

If the seller can't show proof of delivery, he loses the case - the insurance protects him, not you. Had he purchased insurance and the card were to remain lost, he would be reimbursed by the USPS. Unfortunately, he didn't. That's on him, not you. Now, he loses his case and the money for the card.
Agreed with the previous posters...you will win a claim if filed with eBay. However, make sure to document what you have done on your end ie through eBay messages - not that it would necessarily be needed. Sounds like you have done everything a buyer can reasonably be expected to do.

Z
Old 04-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Јąмεș ωąlĸεѓ

Thanks for all the input, have filed a claim with eBay (my first one). Now it's just wait and see.

Thanks,
James
Old 04-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Ryan Waggoner

Is it just sitting at the post office? If it's just sitting there, why wouldn't you just go and pick it up?
Old 04-08-2016, 12:07 PM
James
James Kin.chen

Do people bother to read the posts before asking questions of making statements?

I have made about 6 trips to the post office to see if the card has showed up or any updated status, with no luck.

Last edited by jfkheat; 04-08-2016 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:13 PM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
Do people bother to read the posts before asking questions of making statements?

I have made about 6 trips to the post office to see if the card has showed up or any updated status, with no luck.
Maybe some of us don't have time to read through it and was trying to help. You don't have to be a dick about it.