NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-03-2011, 07:46 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
I agree. Plus any Obama-haters should take solace in the fact that he has in essence become W Jr. in his prosecution of the existing wars, his maintaining of Gitmo, his continued use of renditions, his continued use of warrantless wiretapping, his continued use of military tribunals, etc. And he's actually gone further than Bush with his increased use of predator drone strikes in Pakistan and his start of a third war in Libya. If not for Obama breaking all of his promises NOT to continue all of these, UBL may never have been found. So the right wingers should go easy on Obama today.
agreed.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Rich v@n He$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetwoohsix View Post
This is one of the most bizarre things about this,,,,I would think one of the first things they would do is release photo's of the dead bin Laden. But they didn't, and when the homeland security guy was fielding questions in the news/press conference, and was asked about providing photo's,,the guy (forgot his name, Bennen?) turned sort of red in the face and stammered out a bunch of nonsense.

When we killed Sadaam's son Uday, they provided photo's of his dead body so everyone could see it was him and it was true. Same with when they captured Sadaam. They even used to do it with the old gangsters who were wanted dead or alive.

But here, they quickly dump his body in the ocean and don't release pictures? Am I the only one who finds this as odd?
I think it's very, very odd. I think they're weighing the pros and cons with the cons being that its likely inflamatory and martyrizing. It sure leave a lot open to conspiracies though. My biggest reason for belief is in the comments coming from Al-Q people and Al Jazeera.

And +1 (2) for Mr. Novaks comment above. Ive seen a lot of people comment on who gets "credit" all over the place (moreso than politicians, so that should say something!). It seems nonsensical to me. Obviously, the soldiers on the scene and supporting staffs deserve the lions share of credit. They risked their lives, they performed the task at hand. Obama deserves some share of credit for making it the CIAs top priority and for having it happen on his watch. Bush deserves credit too for laying the foundation that was continued and led to certain information that was critical in the process. There's just no way something like this gets done without a huge amount of people contributing their parts to the effort. Its silly to think otherwise.

Last edited by Section103; 05-03-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:19 PM

Irrelevant to other issues, it was impressive execution. To start, they'd never been in the compound before. I think they entire thing took 40 minutes.

I don't know what are the relevant cultural sentiments amongst Muslims, but I wonder if the Middle Eastern people realize that using one's wife as a human shield is about as shameul and cowardly an act as one can imagine of in the West. I wonder if they know how that detail comes across in the West.

Last edited by drc; 05-03-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:34 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
Whether you're talking T206 baseball cards or dead terrorists, it's just common sense to keep a photographic record to provide as proof down the line if requested (especially when you're making a claim that you can safely assume will be challenged). I bet in the case of this dead terrorist, the United States did just that.
Nah no photos needed we can simply take ones word for it, maybe a more scientific approach to prove Osama is dead would be too start a survey thread.

Cheers,

John
Old 05-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
I agree. Plus any Obama-haters should take solace in the fact that he has in essence become W Jr. in his prosecution of the existing wars, his maintaining of Gitmo, his continued use of renditions, his continued use of warrantless wiretapping, his continued use of military tribunals, etc. And he's actually gone further than Bush with his increased use of predator drone strikes in Pakistan and his start of a third war in Libya. If not for Obama breaking all of his promises NOT to continue all of these, UBL may never have been found. So the right wingers should go easy on Obama today.
Exactly on target. All of this is an indication that Obama is very smart and has figured out how the world really works.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharri3600 View Post
WHAT NOW???

"What now? Let me tell you what now. I'm gonna call a couple of hard, pipe-hittin' n*****s to go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch! You hear me talking, hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'm gonna get medieval on your a$$!"

Oh sorry...I guess this should have technically gone in the "favorite movie line" Thread!

Last edited by k-dog; 05-03-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarlowe1 View Post
Exactly on target. All of this is an indication that Obama is very smart and has figured out how the world really works.

First he figured out how to get elected and then how the world really works. He's smart alright.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 05-03-2011, 02:57 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
First he figured out how to get elected and then how the world really works. He's smart alright.
That's funny Jeff. I was thinking the same thing.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:02 PM

Last edited by howard38; 09-10-2020 at 02:42 PM.