NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-22-2006, 05:01 AM
Administrator

Default O/T but got a ask - ebay phone support?

Posted By: leon

So I got a phone call yesterday from ebay customer service. It was a real live person, and fairly nice. The girl said I was selected to get free phone support for a month. We spoke for about 20 minutes, about the thief Elkins negative on my record, and a few other things, so I don't think it was a scam. She offered some solutions but mainly things I had already tried. She did seem like she cared. Has anyone else got this call? Could ebay actually be caring now? regards (and sorry for the o/t, there's been a few too many lately).....

Old 03-22-2006, 05:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: pete

you can be o/t anytime...i personally have not been called by ebay but a buddy of mine was about a month ago, it was in reference to his ebay store and how to get more sales and save on costs, never did they try to sell him anything or ask personal questions
pete-

Old 03-22-2006, 05:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tony Andrea

Iv'e actually had at least 3 phone messages left on my home phone by Ebay in the last couple months as well while at work.
Wanted to discuss setting up an Ebay store which I dont currently have and mentioned Ebay's power seller options that they claim I qualify for now since iv'e been selling quite a bit the last few months.

Old 03-22-2006, 05:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

hi everyone
they do call power sellers.....i had the call back in november.
nice conversation....but very basic selling strategies.
regards

Old 03-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason Duncan

They called me yesterday.

Old 03-22-2006, 06:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert {Bigb13}

Ebay cares more about peoples collecting needs than Leon does. That's for sure. He only allows posts from his friends... Rob
Old 03-22-2006, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

I received a call from E bay customer service as well. Last week. I spoke to them for over half an hour. We discussed my concerns, and issues. She did seem to care. Many of my concerns are things that E bay can not do a whole lot about. There are many scam artists on there. But the fact that they called, amazed me. She actually gave me a 'real' phone number where I can call if I have any future questions and issues. I tryed the number later, and it was authentic.

Maybe there is hope.

Old 03-22-2006, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

If that were the case you wouldn't be posting right now.....why don't you leave as you said you would last night via email. The CU boards are a great place for you to talk about Topps....get over it...

Old 03-22-2006, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony

I got a call from them about a month ago. Seemed like he actually listened to some concerns, and then gave me numbers for real live people at both ebay and pay pal.

Old 03-22-2006, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: joe

Got a call about 2 weeks ago about increasing my sales on EBAY. Don't like to give any information over the phone and asked them to send me an email. They did do that.

Joe

Old 03-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Cat

I was called a while ago. I would guess that it was at least eigth months ago. I could tell from the outset that it was a legit call. "EBay" showed up on my caller ID and had on a number of previous occasions before I picked this call up. The conversation was similar to what all you folks described...suggestions as to how I could increase sells. I do not remember if there was discussion about an EBay Store, but I had already made it clear that I only sell because I collect. It is not a business for me. The longest part of the conversation was about my reasoning for having an account to buy in and a separate account to sell in. It seemed to be a foreign concept to him that I wanted to be free to leave negative feedback to bad sellers without worrying about retaliatory feedback in an account I sell from and thus have to maintain perfect/near perfect feedback.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Daniel Bretta

Cat, don't ever trust what it says on your caller ID...there are now devices that allow people to show up on someone's caller ID with whatever they want it to say. This of course should be illegal and I'm hoping that it will be soon.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/sfl-316callerid,0,1090345.story?coll=ny-leadnationalnews-headlines

Old 03-22-2006, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

EMPATHY calls....

You can only hope that they are trying to do something rather than lend a deaf ear...

Old 03-22-2006, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Cat

Thanks Dan. I have always trusted Caller ID, but no more.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scot

Ebay support called me too. They had a couple selling suggestions. Asked if I had any questions. They seemed courteous and tried to help IMO.