NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-05-2002, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Default PM1 Ornate-Frame Pins

Posted By: Jaime Leiderman 

I´m not familiar with this issue, and don´t know if there are some fakes out there.
This is the same piece used for the picture of the 2002 SCBC but lacks the player name on front.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1865151963&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebaylargephotohosting

Old 10-05-2002, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David

Offhand, it looks legit to me. They are both very rare and obscure, so there may be some legitimate variations with the name. Otherwise, the name may have chipped off. The image was printed on a white enamal-like surface that can be chipped.

The metal frame style is the exact same as on the other PM1s I've seen, and it would be no small effort to counterfeit those.

Old 10-05-2002, 11:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jaime Leiderman

SCBC says that player´s name was printed in a black strip at the bottom.

$450 "commons" in NM & Cobb and Matty over $2.5k

Very tiny... 1 1/16" x 1"

Old 10-05-2002, 11:39 PM
Administrator

That's not small for a pin. It's worth getting one if you can. They're substntial items, and the issue is unlike any other.

Old 10-06-2002, 04:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

Definitely some variations on these pins. Also not all have been cataloged yet. I just bought a Marquard uncataloged (previous to this year) from Verkman (God help me......) and Bob Lemke just noted a Honus Wagner that was found recently. The Cobb and Mathewson are very tough. Bryan Dec had a Cobb at $975.00 in SCD about a year ago. Wish I'd bought it. Saw a Mathewson at the National but it was basically so faded you could only see an outline and his name. $400. Anyway, the pin on ebay is of Archer and you can see from the ones I have above top left, there are two different variations of Archer. One with name and one without (like the one on ebay). Also two versions of Evers (think that may be noted in the SCD guide now). Always buying them if anyone has any for sale or trade. Also posted a pic of my George Washington. Don't know if it's the EXACT same issue but it sure looks like it.

Old 10-06-2002, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Tom, if you bring pins to class, I hope you have enough for everyone