NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-24-2003, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Default Hammon postcard

Posted By: Tim

Just acquired a Hammon Postcard of the cubs,,,,i like it, does anyone else collect these? Does anyone have any info on them? Are there other teams? is this a regional issue? I have tried serching for others with no luck....any help, answers, thoughts are appreciated....

these things are quite neat...

Old 12-25-2003, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Default Hammon postcard

Posted By: VintageBall

Nice pick-up! Hammon was one of a bunch of publishers issuing baseball postcards around the same time period (Burke, Taylor, Max Stein are some others).

V.O. Hammon was based in Chicago (I need to double-check this in some of the postcard guides) and issued team cards as well as ballpark postcards.

Prices on the common team cards vary (based on condition, etc.). With some persistence you can find them from as low as around $40 -- with most selling between $80-$125 -- on eBay and elsewhere. I believe Hammon issued some team cards that were oversized, as well (you didn't specify the size of your card).

Here's an example of one of Hammon's ballpark cards, from 1909, depicting the Cubs' home field at West Side Park, where they played from 1893-1915. This field is marked by its rounded 1st base, 3rd base and home pate dirt areas:

For more information on player and team postcards, ballpark postcards and real photo postcards, feel free to visit www.vintageball.com/Postcards.html -- I'll be happy to post your team card in the Player section if you wish (the site currently features scans and photos from a bunch of different baseball collectors).

I hope this info helps and I'll see what I can find in the books on Hammon for you.

--RobertS

Old 12-25-2003, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Default Hammon postcard

Posted By: VintageBall

At postcard and baseball card shows, you would expect to pay more for the Hammon Chicago team cards than the eBay prices cited above.