NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-19-2011, 03:53 PM
Jeff Gross

Default 1934 Goudey Gehrig Raw Question????

http://cgi.ebay.com/1934-GOUDEY-LOU-...item45fbe7819f

What type of grade would PSA or SGC give this card? Thoughts?

Also, w/o knowing the grade or examining the card in person, what is the most you would bid on it?

Last edited by jg8422; 07-19-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

In my opinion, SGC would more than likely give a 20, and has an outside shot at SGC 30.

r/
Frank

added: After looking further at his auctions, it appears he is giving high personal assessments on most of his pre-war cards

Last edited by Tcards-Please; 07-19-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Jeff

I WILL BE SELLING SOME OF THE BEST CARDS YOU WILL EVER SEE ON EBAY.I HAVE CARDS PEOPLE DREAM OF OWNING BUT NOW IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY.

From the auction, if that's the case I believe that I would invest in a scanner or a better camera. I think the card has a shot at a 20 if it has no significant paperloss. Hard to tell with a photo that looks like it was shot underwater.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 07-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Matt Hall

There is a fat crease in the top right corner that runs through the third base runner, through Lou's hat, and out the top middle. I vote for a poor grade.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

As a comparison, here is a copy of my Ruth that has two creases with the center one going through that received an SGC 20. I have a Joe Dimaggio that has a crease similar to the Gehrig in question that received an SGC 30. Once I find a picture of that, I can post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth - $850.jpg (37.0 KB, 161 views)
Old 07-20-2011, 10:47 AM
David M.

I'm having a hard time believing all of these rare cards are real and that he would sell them raw. I can't tell by looking at his scans (who could), but why would he leave a T206 Cobb or 1953 Mantle raw and grade a Shaq card? Seems like he's leaving a lot of money on the table. I'm torn, because he has great feedback. Any opinions on the validity of these cards?
Old 07-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Jeff Gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasHouseGang View Post
I'm having a hard time believing all of these rare cards are real and that he would sell them raw. I can't tell by looking at his scans (who could), but why would he leave a T206 Cobb or 1953 Mantle raw and grade a Shaq card? Seems like he's leaving a lot of money on the table. I'm torn, because he has great feedback. Any opinions on the validity of these cards?
He does seem to have a decent amount of desireable cards in raw form. Wouldn't the usually sell for more if they were graded?
Old 07-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Jon Canfield

I'm guessing stolen scans. Some cards (ie, the '48 Bowman Berra) are clearly graded, yet the picture is cropped and no mention of the grade. Also, it appears he has listed the Gehrig above twice - once with a BIN (at least the front scan of both appear to be the same).
Old 07-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Dean

I'm clueless on grades, but I'd sure want to see a high res scan or photo that I could blow up and look at details. That blurry shot on the Gehrig is complete BS.

my eBay auctions