NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-21-2017, 03:44 PM
Scott ku.rtis

Default What's my recourse on shady Ebay Seller Editorgaw?

I bought a card and agreed upon a price. He then cancelled it saying "it was out of stock but would sell it to me when it arrived." He is now listing it for $1300 more than he agreed. What's my recourse? Communications below:

eBay
New message from: editorgaw (2,824Red Star)
Hang tight I will check

On 1/23/17, 4:57 PM, skurtis13 wrote:

Re: Other: skurtis13 sent a message about ON-CARD DUAL AUTO RELIC # TO 99 - KRIS BRYANT/ADDISON RUSSELL PROPEL #131991483096

I am willing to wait 3 months. I want that card.
Your previous message

I am willing to wait 3 months. I want that card.
editorgaw:

I do not physically have it in my possession. I didn't realize that Topps would take 3 months to get so I had to cancel it. I will be relisting it and I will let you know first when it is listed. I just got a letter from Topps that they think I should have it in 3 more weeks.

Thanks for understanding
Gregg

On 1/23/17, 4:42 PM, skurtis13 wrote:

Other: skurtis13 sent a message about ON-CARD DUAL AUTO RELIC # TO 99 - KRIS BRYANT/ADDISON RUSSELL PROPEL #131991483096

Why did you cancel this?

And then today:

Your previous message

Hi

I see you relisted this. You said you would offer it to me first. I have bought a few things from you and I don't think it's right to sell this to me, and then pull it. I bid for it and bought it, you said it wan't delivered yet, but you would sell it to me when it arrived. I am hopeful you will stand by that promise.

Thanks

New message from: editorgaw (2,850Red Star)
I under estimated the value of the item. I will sell sell anything for the value that I am asking. It's obvious the original price was mistaken. As people do I made a mistake with the original listing.
Regards
Gregg

This dude is shady. Do I have any recourse?

Eidt: here is list of sold items when I bought for market ref:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...H_Sold=1&rt=nc

Last edited by Tennis13; 02-21-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:02 PM

Leave him negative feedback and steer clear of his auctions.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:04 PM
Scott ku.rtis

But no way to get the card? He has relisted it. I thought about flagging it as a duplicated listing.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:02 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

You might have recourse but your hassle factor probably isn't worth it. If I read correctly you aren't out any hard money although the card might have been worth more than you "bought" it for. I am easy going and would probably leave a neutral....I have only left a few negatives in all my years and those were back in the day (without the ebay guarantee) and for outright theft of a few very small amounts.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:08 AM
Steve Birmingham

It's not too hard to report them as a "non-performing seller"

That's what I did on an auction I won and paid for that was also a bit underpriced. And cancelled a few days later, with an offer of 20% off something from the rest of their auctions which were all sketchy autographed items.

Steve B