NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-04-2007, 05:19 AM
Administrator

Default scan question

Posted By: deric

i've posted some cards for sale a week or two ago and the scans were terrible. they were to big and i basically just down sized the image down making the image look like crap. my question is what program do you have to shrink the scan with multiple cards and make them turn out as clear as yours. under the 125kb and still crisp? thanks

Old 03-04-2007, 06:00 AM
Administrator

Default scan question

Posted By: MEWheat

I use Microsft Office Picture Manager. Very easy to crop & shrink JPEGs.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Default scan question

Posted By: leon

I just use the MS Photo editor also. Never an issue....it takes a little trial and error. You might post a pic here and we can have a "look see" to try to help? best regards

Old 03-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Default scan question

Posted By: craig lankford

i find that regardless what software used to shrink the size oa a pic, the pic quality depends on the original scan and the compression used. if you want a simple program to use that works well, try paint shop pro.

but since we are on the topic of pic quality, i have a question. i cant seem to get a good scan of any of my graded cards, they dont seem to focus on the encapsulated card. they seem to focus mainly on the case instead. anyone got any suggestions for me?

thanks craig

Old 03-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Default scan question

Posted By: Dave

This works well for resizing scans...

http://resizr.lord-lance.com/default.asp

Old 03-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Administrator

Default scan question

Posted By: davidcycleback

Ordinarily, shrinking an image won't make the image worse (or at least much worse). As mentioned, the big pic may have been bad, and there's nothing you can do about that. I've used a variety of image programs, most that came with computer, and they all did a credible job manipulating images. So it's not the case that there's one magical photo editor and the rest are worthless.

Two possibilities are you're changing the width/height proportion when shrinking (image will look goofy), or that you are saving the image to have too few pixels (saving at 10% instead of 100%).

Old 03-05-2007, 12:18 AM
Administrator

Default scan question

Posted By: Andrew

Thanks for the resizr link, that one's a keeper. I recently had a 1930 Cracker Jack coin slabbed by PSA, but it scans blurry. The coin holders are thicker than regular card holders, so the label is farther from the scanner eye. Any ideas how to get a clearer holder label?

"Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame." -- Erica Jong

Old 03-05-2007, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Default scan question

Posted By: JK

Andrew - most likely its your scanner - do you have a real thin scanner? If so, they do not scan slabs very well. You should check out the epson perfection line and the HPs.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:11 AM
Administrator

Default scan question

Posted By: mark

i checked out the resizer site you gave. I like it but do they delete the pics every 60 minutes?

I resized a pic and put it on the net 54 site but then it disappeared after an hour. thanks

Old 03-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Default scan question

Posted By: Fred Y

I agree w/ JK--If you have one of the newer slimline scanners they do NOT scan graded cards or anything w/ thickness ANYWHERE near as well as the older "fat body" scanners!

I bought a brand new CanoScan LiDE 60 (Thin case) & it is fine for flat items, but was TERRIBLE for graded cards.

Got an older HP ScanJet 5400c (thick body) which was like my old Visioneer that quit and graded card scans are beautiful again!

Old 03-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Default scan question

Not sure about them deleting pics...as soon as I resize something I go ahead and left click on the picture and save it to my computer pics...I've never tried to save anything or leave anyting on the resizer site.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Default scan question

Posted By: mark

I should have told you more, i did the resizer and downloaded picture onto desktop. Then i put my T206 parent up for sale on B/S/T board. I went to my picture on the desktop and right clicked "copy image location". Then i went to my post on B/S/T and clicked paste onto the post. Well it worked fine for a little bit then after a hour or so the pictures in the post were gone.

Probably more of a tech question, maybe it could not find the picture on my desktop. I should just send it to Photobucket since it work good with Net 54. Thanks

Old 03-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Default scan question

Yeah, I'm not a computer guru for sure. But I do resize my pics there before saving them to my laptop and then putting them on the PSA registry...and none have ever vanished.