NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-15-2020, 04:22 AM
P@trick R.omolo

SGC does have one in their pop reports but it is the one you have. It was in
the holder when it sold in the 2007 Hunt auction that had all the Drums in
it. Did you crack it out of the SGC slab?

651.jpg
Old 11-15-2020, 05:57 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE.....Unique Antique CAR(ds).....Show us your "One of a Kind" T206(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
SGC does have one in their pop reports but it is the one you have. It was in
the holder when it sold in the 2007 Hunt auction that had all the Drums in
it. Did you crack it out of the SGC slab?

Attachment 426129
That is the same card.

When I bought this Delahanty card from Toby at the Reading Philly Show it was in an SGC "A" holder.

Cards which I acquire that are "keepers", I crack them out of their capsules and store them in high quality Mylar.

TED Z

T206 REFERENCE....convenient access to T206 checklists
Old 11-16-2020, 04:06 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE.....Unique Antique CAR(ds).....Show us your "One of a Kind" T206(s)

Is there a T206 "proof cards" check-list....so, we can see if this Puttman card is unique (or not) ?

TED Z

Old 11-18-2020, 07:03 PM
Ted Zanidakis

This yellow-brown "scrap" of Doolan may be a one of a kind T206. I am posting it here to see if any one else has one.

Showing off the remainder of this Doolan run......this image is my favorite action pose.
I need his BROAD LEAF 350 card to complete this run. Any help is greatly appreciated.

. .

Sweet Cap, Fact. #25

Furthermore, I would be remiss if I didn't include this "mega beauty"

TED Z

Old 11-20-2020, 06:11 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Mike Donlin yellow-brown "scrap"

"Turkey Mike" was quite a character. He was the "Talk of the Town" in New York City. Not only for his BB prowess, but also his vaudeville
performances (with his wife) on Broadway. Mike would have been a "contender" for the BB Hall of Fame with his career BA = .333 and a
Slugging Avg. = .468 (higher than many stars in the Deadball Era), if he had just devoted more of his time to BB.
Any given time when the TCM channel is featuring Silent Movies, there is a good chance you'll see Donlin in the cast. He was featured in
53 movies. The most notable ones being "The General" and "Slide Kelly Slide".

Just a simple explanation why Mike Donlin is one of my favorite T206's. Especially, his batting pose in the white-bordered tobacco cards.
Here is a partial run which I will be working on for quite some time to complete.

My question to any of you is....is the yellow-brown "scrap" in my run a unique card ? I haven't seen another such Donlin; however, there
are quite a number of T206 yellow-brown scraps in circulation in the hobby. I appreciate your response.

. .
PIEDMONT #42

. .

TED Z
Old 11-21-2020, 06:30 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Well, no new responses here, so I'll post another one of my possible "one of a kind" T206's.....this printing anomaly of Carl Lundgren.

In 1984, Barry Sloate introduced me to the "world" of rare T206 front/back combos, by selling me this Lundgren with the EPDG back.
This was the beginning of an an obsession that continues with me till this day. I completed it's back run (only 3 cards needed). And, I
have included the color-error (missing blue ink) of Lundgren, since I I think this card may be a unique T206.
Perhaps another one may exist, so if you have one, please post it here.

TED Z

Old 11-21-2020, 06:57 PM
Sonny Tutor

Always love seeing this thread. I’m not certain of this is 1/1, but it’s pretty cool IMO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4D266C53-51EF-4300-8C77-D9E4ABD5E10E.jpg (12.2 KB, 315 views)
Old 11-21-2020, 11:52 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
"Turkey Mike" was quite a character. He was the "Talk of the Town" in New York City. Not only for his BB prowess, but also his vaudeville
performances (with his wife) on Broadway. Mike would have been a "contender" for the BB Hall of Fame with his career BA = .333 and a
Slugging Avg. = .468 (higher than many stars in the Deadball Era), if he had just devoted more of his time to BB.
Any given time when the TCM channel is featuring Silent Movies, there is a good chance you'll see Donlin in the cast. He was featured in
53 movies. The most notable ones being "The General" and "Slide Kelly Slide".

Just a simple explanation why Mike Donlin is one of my favorite T206's. Especially, his batting pose in the white-bordered tobacco cards.
Here is a partial run which I will be working on for quite some time to complete.

My question to any of you is....is the yellow-brown "scrap" in my run a unique card ? I haven't seen another such Donlin; however, there
are quite a number of T206 yellow-brown scraps in circulation in the hobby. I appreciate your response.

. .
PIEDMONT #42

. .

TED Z
Hi Ted, I've been trying to follow the "Yellow/Brown" scrap cards for as long as I've been searching and studying the full color "No Prints". Since they are both in the same category, Group A and Group B, both missing their Overprint Scroll and covering the Factory 30 and replacing it with the Factory 42 Overprint. The only thing is I don't count the 6 Super Prints because they were printed with the Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 backs. All the other cards from Group A and B were never meant to exist with the Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 backs.

Your Mike Donlin With Bat is the only one I've seen. I try to save all images of these Yellow/Brown scraps as they come along and get listed.

GROUP "A" 29 Hand-Cut Yellow/Brown Color (Scrap - Not Issued) Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 back (This Front/Back combo was never issued in tobacco products).

I'm missing the following scans/images of the following Yellow/Brown Scraps. Any help with a scan or picture would be appreciated.

FRANK HOME RUN BAKER (I have a scan but I don't believe it to be a Yellow/Brown)
PATSY DOUGHERTY - ARM IN AIR
RED KLEINOW - BOSTON - CATCHING
NAP RUCKER - THROWING

GROUP "B" 28 Hand-Cut Full Color (Scrap - Not Issued) Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 back (This Front/Back combo was never issued in tobacco products).

This 28 card set I personally own and can share scans of any of the 28 cards when requested.

GROUP "C" or "Super Prints" 6 Hand-Cut Yellow/Brown Color (Scrap - Not Issued) Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 back (This Front/Back combo was issued in tobacco products, but only the full color non scrap version of the cards).

I'm missing the following scans/images of the following Yellow/Brown Scraps. Any help with a scan or picture would be appreciated.

HAL CHASE - BLACK CAP
TY COBB - PORTRAIT RED

Thank you in advance for the help that anyone can provide to my missing scans collection. I would really like to put together a complete Yellow/Brown Subset. It would go great with my 28 card "No Print" set. Because these sheets of cards were literally stacked side by side, waiting for their Factory Overprint to be added. The only difference was the "Group B" cards were ready for their overprint and then be cut into singles, but someone grabbed a few sheets before that happened and most likely brought them home for the kids to cut up and play with. The "Group A" Yellow/Brown scraps were likely taken straight from the trash can and brought home, maybe by the same person. We will never know. The 6 Super Print scraps are interesting but because that exact front/back combo was made and inserted into packs, they are missing that specialness I crave.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 11-22-2020, 12:00 AM