NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-29-2018, 03:09 PM
Rob

Default Usps

Anyone noticing any disruption of service with the USPS? Not sure what's going on in Texas but nearly all of my packages seem to be taking the scenic route whether I'm the shipper or the receiver.

I shipped a package to Wisconsin from Houston a few weeks back and according to tracking it circled Dallas for nine days before breaking free from the vortex and heading North.

Now all of my packages come with this ambiguous message when I check tracking...with no updates for days at a time.

Dallas seems to be the epicenter for the issues. Anyone else noticing anything? It seems to have gotten worse over the past six weeks. Oh by the way...the tracking below is for an item being shipped to me from Arlington, TX...less than fours away by car. It was shipped on 01/22. Still no package. And this is the latest status available. There's been no change since the 25th.

image host
Old 01-29-2018, 03:42 PM
Randy Trierweiler

That "package is delayed" message is standard when they have no idea where your package is. It also doesn't mean its really on its way to its destination. The last place it was scanned is the only proof of where your package has been.

I've been reading the same message, verbatim, since December 9th, when the USPS lost my 1968 Topps 3D Curt Flood card.

I've talked to 27 people within the USPS, from Postmasters to help desk. Only 1 supervisor in Florida (package destination) was helpful. It was last scanned in St. Louis. That's all they know.

I wish you the best of luck, but that "package is delayed" message makes me shudder.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:00 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
Anyone noticing any disruption of service with the USPS? Not sure what's going on in Texas but nearly all of my packages seem to be taking the scenic route whether I'm the shipper or the receiver.

I shipped a package to Wisconsin from Houston a few weeks back and according to tracking it circled Dallas for nine days before breaking free from the vortex and heading North.

Now all of my packages come with this ambiguous message when I check tracking...with no updates for days at a time.

Dallas seems to be the epicenter for the issues. Anyone else noticing anything? It seems to have gotten worse over the past six weeks. Oh by the way...the tracking below is for an item being shipped to me from Arlington, TX...less than fours away by car. It was shipped on 01/22. Still no package. And this is the latest status available. There's been no change since the 25th.

image host
LOL, Welcome to my world. The USPS is a frickin joke at best. Over the last few decades this is my experience and several members including Leon can confirm my luck with the USPS. First off I will say they have never, not even once lost a package of mine. Now the bad, 40% of my packages arrive on time, 30% take around 2 weeks, and 30% take months to arrive.

The ones that suck are the ones that take months and it is the first time I have done business with that person. One transaction with Leon took close to 3 months because it took over a month for my TTM payment to show up and then over another month for my item to show up.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalcollector View Post
That "package is delayed" message is standard when they have no idea where your package is. It also doesn't mean its really on its way to its destination. The last place it was scanned is the only proof of where your package has been.

I've been reading the same message, verbatim, since December 9th, when the USPS lost my 1968 Topps 3D Curt Flood card.

I've talked to 27 people within the USPS, from Postmasters to help desk. Only 1 supervisor in Florida (package destination) was helpful. It was last scanned in St. Louis. That's all they know.

I wish you the best of luck, but that "package is delayed" message makes me shudder.
Wow!

I got a card back from PSA on a Friday and they needed a signature. The carrier came to my door, no one was home.

Then - for a week - they lost it. How does that happen?
At least I got it though.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:50 PM
Rob

I’ve had no issues, Rob.

I think the USPS does an excellent job and my only complaint is that their price increases seem to outpace inflation.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:36 PM

Yes, Ive noticed an uptick in late arriving packages. Sent a Priority box from here in Maine to Florida last Monday and it still hasn’t arrived. It’s happened with a few packages Ive shipped this month.

I can’t normally complain about the postal service, but lately it’s seems to have slid a bit. Hopefully this passes and delivery times become a little more reliable than they have been.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:45 PM
Rob

I've shipped or rec'd probably a couple hundred packages in the past year with no issue. Then all of a sudden, around the holidays, I noticed a change. I attributed it to holiday traffic...but it seems to have gotten worse over the past six weeks. Now its to the point that every package gets that delayed message. And they're all sent priority mail. I will say that thus far, every package has ultimately arrived but it's still pretty annoying. Something has broken...at least in Texas...with USPS.

My package from Arlington...Still a no show today. Even the Pony Express would've had it here by now.

And forget calling customer service...aside from the hour long hold time...once you get a person they're literally useless. All they're trained to do is read what USPS.com tells you when you type in the tracking number. Nothing else. An epic waste of time.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:28 AM
Banned

I agree with those saying they’ve experienced issues only recently. Within the past 2 weeks I mailed a priority mail box from Canton Oh to Cleveland, about 70 miles as the crow flies, and it took eight days. tracking didn’t get updated for days. Was holding my breath.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:01 AM
Lonnie Nagel

http://about.usps.com/news/service-a...er-updates.htm
Old 01-30-2018, 06:14 AM
Rob

Texas wasn't on that list until yesterday. And that alert doesn't make a lot of sense. Harvey hit in August. Mail was normal in September, October, November and pretty much until about mid-December. Harvey didn't come back for a second visit that I'm aware of.

Glad to see Texas finally made the alert list, but this issue has nothing to do with Harvey.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:14 AM
Joe Hunter

That same message showed up on a card I purchased about a month ago. After about a week and a half, I contacted my local postal worker about it. She was able to trace the package to the regional distribution center. She sent them an email regarding the package. Within a day of her doing this, the package was on its way to my post office. You might try this approach. Good luck.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:02 PM
Emlily Ell.is

I'm in Texas, and it can be a disaster getting stuff mailed and receiving stuff in the mail. For example, I bought a case of toploaders. They went to Shreveport then to Marshall then back to Shreveport then to my home. It's like they just throw on random trucks.

Oh and then there's stuff that I bought from a guy about an hour down the road. It went from his house to Houston, to Shreveport, to Dallas back to Shreveport to another town, back to Shreveport and then to me.

I get lots of the "in transit, delayed" messages. It's so freaking frustrating. Yet they feel the need to keep raising their prices. I went in yesterday to get a quote on a package I needed to mail because they didn't offer parcel post or whatever it is online. I was quoted 6 lbs, 9 ounces and $12.15. I had the lady write both numbers on the box, so I'd remember.

I checked online to do priority, and it was going to be cheaper to take it in. So after work, I took it back up there. It had gone up to 7 lbs, 2 ounces. Not only that, the new cost was going to be either $18 (parcel) or $20 (priority). So either $6 or $8 more than I was quoted. I asked the lady why the price was higher than I was quoted, and she said the other person's scale was probably off. She said that 3 ounces would be the reason it went up $6. She told me I could either take it home and not mail it and keep it or just pay her prices and be done.

The USPS is very frustrating.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:29 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfan View Post
I'm in Texas, and it can be a disaster getting stuff mailed and receiving stuff in the mail. For example, I bought a case of toploaders. They went to Shreveport then to Marshall then back to Shreveport then to my home. It's like they just throw on random trucks.

Oh and then there's stuff that I bought from a guy about an hour down the road. It went from his house to Houston, to Shreveport, to Dallas back to Shreveport to another town, back to Shreveport and then to me.

I get lots of the "in transit, delayed" messages. It's so freaking frustrating. Yet they feel the need to keep raising their prices. I went in yesterday to get a quote on a package I needed to mail because they didn't offer parcel post or whatever it is online. I was quoted 6 lbs, 9 ounces and $12.15. I had the lady write both numbers on the box, so I'd remember.

I checked online to do priority, and it was going to be cheaper to take it in. So after work, I took it back up there. It had gone up to 7 lbs, 2 ounces. Not only that, the new cost was going to be either $18 (parcel) or $20 (priority). So either $6 or $8 more than I was quoted. I asked the lady why the price was higher than I was quoted, and she said the other person's scale was probably off. She said that 3 ounces would be the reason it went up $6. She told me I could either take it home and not mail it and keep it or just pay her prices and be done.

The USPS is very frustrating.
Sounds exactly like my Texas experience as well. On the bright side, my package from Arlington miraculously arrived today, only 9 days after it began it's four hour trek (via Priority Mail no less).

Last edited by Fballguy; 01-31-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:20 PM
Al

Default Still hope sometimes!

Got this today ! A holiday card from my accountant... Note the date stamp 12 26 2017 day after christmas. Then a re stamp on 1 /29 2018 Came today! 2 / 1 2018...... wounder where it went....

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 08-16-2018 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Mike

I never have had any problems shipping or receiving until the last 2 weeks. Customers think I'm not shipping on time.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:25 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Dropped one in the box, tracking NEVER updated from 1/12

Wondering what recourse I have

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 02-03-2018, 12:25 PM

Have you went into USPS system and requested tracking updates via email or text? For some reason, this sometimes shakes a package loose and back into the delivery stream.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:36 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post
Have you went into USPS system and requested tracking updates via email or text? For some reason, this sometimes shakes a package loose and back into the delivery stream.
I started doing that a few months ago, when the erroneous expected delivery date message problem began, hoping it would help. I will often see the same expected delivery date right through the night, no package delivered, then the next day it will change to that day.

The bottom line is that until it says that it has arrived at my post office, it is not going out for delivery to my home. That's the only message I can count on any more, and that was not the case a few months ago.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
The bottom line is that until it says that it has arrived at my post office, it is not going out for delivery to my home. That's the only message I can count on any more, and that was not the case a few months ago.
Same here, I don’t trust the delivery dates until it says it arrived at my local post office. Any dates before that are always wrong.

I now have another package I sent last week, from Maine to Florida. I just saw it arrived in Seattle, Washington today. Seattle, Washington.....is no where near Florida. Another one out coming to me, shipped from California, just arrived in Orlando, Florida.

I’m not sure what’s going on, but I’ve never seen it like this. Makes me nervous having my packages be in their hands for so long. Way longer than is necessary.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:21 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedw9 View Post
Same here, I don’t trust the delivery dates until it says it arrived at my local post office. Any dates before that are always wrong.

I now have another package I sent last week, from Maine to Florida. I just saw it arrived in Seattle, Washington today. Seattle, Washington.....is no where near Florida. Another one out coming to me, shipped from California, just arrived in Orlando, Florida.

I’m not sure what’s going on, but I’ve never seen it like this. Makes me nervous having my packages be in their hands for so long. Way longer than is necessary.
The extended transit time greatly increases the chance for damages as well.