NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-31-2011, 03:54 PM

Default It's Halloween, and threads are disappearing!

What gives?
Old 10-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default operationally

I deleted about 6-7 threads that were very obvious duplicates and said "delete" on them. Almost nothing that is a real thread ever gets deleted on this board. If one got deleted accidentally then it was just that, but I don't think one did. best regards....(now go give the kids some candy )
Old 10-31-2011, 05:24 PM
Karl Mattson

I think the one that's conspicuous in its absence is "Has Anyone Any Idea Of The Whereabouts of Johnny F_ _ _?", wherein Richard was asked to share the full names of an alleged forger and the alleged forger's alleged dealer accomplice...
Old 10-31-2011, 05:31 PM
Richard Simon

I don't share alleged names of forgers and crooked dealers, do I look that stupid?
This business is very litigious now and the alleged people have not been convicted of anything.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-31-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:34 PM
Barry Sloate

So is there a reason that thread was deleted?
Old 10-31-2011, 05:44 PM
Richard Simon

Leon accidentally deleted it.
See his explanation above.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-31-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:51 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default not on purpose

I would have never, ever deleted that one on purpose. I will see if there is a way to un-delete it. Everyone should know how this board is run well enough to know threads or posts don't go poof as they do on some other boards.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:58 PM
Barry Sloate

No big deal either way.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:14 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I hate it....but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
No big deal either way.
After reading up on undoing deletes it looks like the only ones that can be undone are the ones called "soft deletes"....the one I did was a hard delete. If anyone wants to start that thread over again I will promise not to accidentally mess with it. Knock on wood but that is the first time that has ever happened. regards
Old 10-31-2011, 07:45 PM

There's a new thread, Richard. Just for you.

Now, will you let us all in on your big secret?
Old 10-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Richard Simon

David - obviously you are a bigger ass than anyone here has ever given you credit for.
And believe me, with what people have said to me about you before today, showing that you are a bigger ass than that is saying something.
This "discussion" started because David wrote an e mail to me stating that he apologized in writing to Frank Prisco and stopped posting on the Prisco thread, after Leon got his lawyer letter, because he was terrified of a lawsuit. Those were his words, "terrified of a lawsuit."
I called him weak for his apparent cave in, after several more e mails, he eventually said that he was being sarcastic and that he never really apologized.
When someone writes an e mail to you saying yes he was terrified of a lawsuit and stopped posting in a thread, where was the sarcasm.
Somehow I don't see sarcasm in the words terrified,lawsuit and apology.
I only see someone whom so many people were right about in the past.
And when I asked about Johnny F--- it might have hit close to home.
He probably has suspicions about what I mean but won't admit it to himself.
That would mean his pride and joy is not what he thinks it is.

And David - you ask Frank Prisco a question in another thread.
Well, I want to ask you in public here, you never denied it in private, did you get a letter from Frank Prisco's attorney when Leon got one? Because when Leon went public with his letter you stopped posting in that thread, even though there were 80 or so more posts and the topic was going hot and heavy. No comment from the sarcasm king in the hottest thread on the board.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-31-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:22 PM

But it has to be what I think it is, Richard.

It has a Spence CoA!

(Insert sarcasm smiley here, for Richard's benefit.)
Old 10-31-2011, 08:27 PM

Once again, big brave Richard makes allusions, hints at his deeply-held knowledge, and gives his reasons as to why he can "say no more."

But we should all trust him, because he knows.

Stop pussyfooting, Dick. You think my '27 ball was forged by your buddy "F---"? Let's see some evidence. 'cause it's sure passed muster with everyone--and I mean everyone--whose ever seen it.

Put up, or shut up, big boy.

Last edited by David Atkatz; 10-31-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Richard Simon

You sound like every schmuck who ever defended a questionable autograph.
The exact same words David, exact same that those guys use.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-31-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:31 PM

To answer your question, Richard, no, I never received a letter, or any other communication of any form from either Prisco, his attorney, or anyone else claiming to represent him.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
You sound like every schmuck who ever defended a questionable autograph.
The exact same words David, exact same.
Evidence, asshole. Evidence. I do have a James Spence CoA, you know.

And "questionable"? Not by anyone but you. And even you only hinted, 'cause you don't have the balls to come out and say anything.

Last edited by David Atkatz; 10-31-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:46 PM
Richard Simon

It's my opinion David and two other people I know and respect, who are known and respected on Net 54, agree with me.
And you keep digging your own grave with every post David.
I know you are certainly not in league with forgers, but you sound like one of them with every post you write.
And lets face it, if you did not get a letter from the lawyer it was an amazing coincidence that you did not contribute one post to the thread, after Leon posted the letter he got from Prisco's lawyer. You say that you had nothing else to say,,, please David, you have something to say about everythng that goes on on Net 54, you were actively posting in other threads at the time. But you totally ignore the hottest thread about the hottest topic on the board. Sure thing David,sure thing.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-31-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:48 PM

More secrets! Just like Nixon's "secret plan" to end the Vietnam war.

That one worked, too. (Sarcasm smiley for Richard.)
Old 10-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Richard Simon

I have never before posted an e mail that was sent to me. I have quoted a line or two from an e mail but I have decided to post the "sarcasm" e mail that David sent to me, so that others can see it.
Here it is, in its entirety.
Where is the sarcasm, David?

"Ypu're right, Richard. I was terrified of being sued. Not only did I stop posting, but I sent the prick and his attorney written apologies.
OK?"

The typo Ypu're is in the original David e mail, I left it in so David won't accuse me of anything underhanded.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-31-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:53 PM
Christopher Williams

David, if you and Richard are referring to what I think you are(NYY 1927 signed ball), then I have to agree with Richard.

I'm 100% certain that PSA would not authenticate that ball. And if you sent it back to Jimmy, I think he would reject it.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:54 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
More secrets! Just like Nixon's "secret plan" to end the Vietnam war.

That one worked, too. (Sarcasm smiley for Richard.)
If those two people give me permission to use their names I will.
Obviously David, you would violate a person' trust. I won't do that.
Not just based on this thread David, but I have read much of your writing here on 54, and read the comments that you engender from many others, but you really are a mean spirited, nasty, caustic, sarcastic and unhappy man and if I remember correctly others have said that about you in the past.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-31-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:54 PM

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, post the email where I said I'm in cahoots with Johnny F---.

I'm willing to bet that after seeing both, most board members (who, unlike you, were born with the "I understand sarcasm" gene) will understand.

Last edited by David Atkatz; 10-31-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:56 PM

Whose trust have I violated, Richard?

And why haven't you, or your secret playmates ever emailed me about your suspicions?

Afraid I'd sue. (Sarcasm smiley; from now on, SS, for short.)
Old 10-31-2011, 08:59 PM
Richard Simon

Nobody would e mail you about the ball because they knew what your reaction would be.
"I am the great David, the ball is good, end of sentence."
--
Old 10-31-2011, 09:01 PM

Says the great Richard, who knows it's fake, but provides nothing to back up that claim. Except imaginary playmates.

(And remember, the great James says it's good. SS)

Last edited by David Atkatz; 10-31-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:01 PM
Richard Simon

Here is the e mail that David asked me to post, seems rather different than the prior one that I posted.

"We? Have you teamed up with the Brusci, or does the royal we apply to you, too?
Close to home? That's right. Even though I don't know his name, I'm in cahoots to sell his forgeries. Again, Richard. Find one single item I've ever sold that was no good, or one single complaint about me, or shut the fuck up.
What have I done? Nothing. I'm not in a position to. I'm just a little ole' collector. I don't make my living proclaiming my expertise.
But I don't dish out tempting little morsels, just to show I've got the goods, and then never take it any farther.
There's a vulgar expression describing women who do that."
--
I still don't know who the Brusci is.
--
Old 10-31-2011, 09:04 PM

Think about it Richard. It wasn't that long ago. It will come. (Even to you.)
Old 10-31-2011, 09:05 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
If those two people give me permission to use their names I will.
Obviously David, you would violate a person' trust. I won't do that.
Not just based on this thread David, but I have read much of your writing here on 54, and read the comments that you engender from many others, but you really are a mean spirited, nasty, caustic, sarcastic and unhappy man and if I remember correctly others have said that about you in the past.
I am one of those two people, David.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:06 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Whose trust have I violated, Richard?

And why haven't you, or your secret playmates ever emailed me about your suspicions?

Afraid I'd sue. (Sarcasm smiley; from now on, SS, for short.)
I did not say that there was a specific individual whose trust you violated, but you wanted me to violate the trust of two people and I assumed that was something that was common in your life, since you casually asked me to do it.
--
Old 10-31-2011, 09:07 PM

Well then, I apologize for calling you imaginary. But in this case, I'll take my judgement (and Jimmy's--who yes, does make mistakes) over yours and Richard's.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Richard Simon

There ya go David, that is one, and I will e mail the other one and ask him if he will go public with his opinion of that ball.
--
Old 10-31-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
I did not say that there was a specific individual whose trust you violated, but you wanted me to violate the trust of two people and I assumed that was something that was common in your life, since you casually asked me to do it.
You sure make a lot of assumptions, Richard.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:11 PM
Richard Simon

Yeah, I assumed that you were sad, unhappy, caustic , etc, etc and 2 people have e mailed me to thank me for stating that in public.
Should I reveal their names David?
They both asked me not to repeat their comments as they are terrified of you and your wrath. (ss)

David, no comment about Chris Williams stating that he was one of the two ??
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-31-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:13 PM

We're all entitled to our opinions, Richard. People pay for Jimmy's. People pay for yours. (No one pays for mine or Christopher''s.)

I'm confident enough to keep it in my collection. (I have, BTW, been offered $60k for it by a well-known dealer. Obviously, I turned it down. I guess he thought it was OK, too.)

But if I ever do decide to sell, I couldn't possibly have a problem, 'cause I have a Spence CoA. SS

Last edited by David Atkatz; 10-31-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I assumed that you were sad, unhappy, caustic , etc, etc and 2 people have e mailed me to thank me for stating that in public.
Should I reveal their names David?
They both asked me not to repeat their comments as they are terrified of you and your wrath. (ss)
Sure! But why are you asking me? You wouldn't betray a trust. Hell. You won't even betray a forger or a crooked dealer. I know you wouldn't betray a colleague.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
We're all entitled to our opinions, Richard. People pay for Jimmy's. People pay for yours. (No one pays for mine or Christopher''s.)

I'm confident enough to keep it in my collection. (I have, BTW, been offered $60k for it by a well-known dealer. Obviously, I turned it down. I guess he thought it was OK, too.)

But if I ever do decide to sell, I couldn't possibly have a problem, 'cause I have a Spence CoA.
Wow!!! That is the third or fourth time you have mentioned the Spence COA for that ball. What a hypocrite you are,,, or did I miss sarcasm there too??
--
Old 10-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Sure! But why are you asking me? You wouldn't betray a trust. Hell. You won't even betray a forger or a crooked dealer. I know you wouldn't betray a colleague.
I guess you should ask the NYC Dept of Consumer Affairs and the Nassau County DA's Office about the forgers and crooked dealers that "I betrayed." (ss) and helped get thrown off ebay and in Nassau County put in jail. Ask FBI agent John Ianuzzi, in Brooklyn, if I did not help him.
What have you really done David to rid this hobby of the crooks. Sit on this board and rant? Anyone can do that.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-31-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:18 PM

Have you missed the "SS" I placed after every mention of the CoA? What else should I do, Richard?
Old 10-31-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I guess you should ask the NYC Dept of Consumer Affairs and the Nassau County DA's Office about the forgers and crooked dealers that "I betrayed." and helped get thrown off ebay and in Nassau County put in jail.
Again and again and again. No names. No cases. No evidence. Just secret knowledge, and secret acts.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Again and again and again. No names. No cases. No evidence. Just secret knowledge, and secret acts.
Wow, David just accused me of lying about my proudest achievements.
Thanks David. Keep grousing on the board,that has accomplished a lot, I will work with the authorities and actually accomplish something.
NY City Dept of consumer Affars - investigation headed by Fred Cantor Atty
Nassau County DA Office - DA Robert Emmons ,case- The People vs. Beram and Dupcak, jail sentence for Dupcak, probation for Beram who was (just like you David) a teacher.
And I gave you the name of the FBI agent.

No (ss) here David, just the unvarnished truth.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-31-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:32 PM
Christopher Williams

David, when you first started to advertise your "Quick Opinion" service here, I recall you writing that you upped your fee because "you're better than PSA" so why should your fee be less than theirs.

This I can write with pretty much 100% certainty and that is your "1927 NYY" ball would not pass PSA.

You bash PSA and JSA, and now you shove the JSA cert in Richard's face. I call that being a hypocrite.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 10-31-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:39 PM

The ball came with an early Spence-PSA cert when I bought it, although that had nothing to do with the purchase. It came from a major auction house, in the days when certs were not generally provided.

Had it not had one, I would not send it to be certified. Just as my Ruth ball did not have one, and I've never obtained one.

But if Richard--and you--are offering your opinions as to its authenticity, why is it hypocritical of me to mention the opinion of someone else?

It has already passed PSA, with Spence as the judge, not some unknown name. (And yes, as I said before, Spence makes mistakes (as do we all), but at least it was looked at be him, and not some no name who makes even more mistakes.)

And I don't believe in false modesty. I am better than PSA.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:43 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
The ball came with an early Spence-PSA cert when I bought it, although that had nothing to do with the purchase. It came from a major auction house, in the days when certs were not generally provided.

Had it not had one, I would not send it to be certified. Just as my Ruth ball did not have one, and I've never obtained one.

But if Richard--and you--are offering your opinions as to its authenticity, why is it hypocritical of me to mention the opinion of someone else?

It has already passed PSA, with Spence as the judge, not some unknown name. (And yes, as I said before, Spence makes mistakes (as do we all), but at least it was looked at be him, and not some no name who makes even more mistakes.)

And I don't believe in false modesty. I am better than PSA.
It won't pass PSA today and I'm also fairly certain that Jimmy wouldn't pass it today either.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:43 PM

OK.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:46 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
OK.
It's too bad that this has turned into a pissing contest, but from what I can see here, you opened up your own can of worms, David.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:46 PM
Richard Simon

Much as I have negative feelings about PSA they have removed hundreds if not thousands of bogus autographs from ebay.
How many have you removed David?
You sit by your computer and grouse and drip sarcasm (ss) and bellyache to everyone about your poor existence as a very unhappy teacher and now a retired teacher.
And I don't have any scans of Johnny's work but if you know anyone with old SCD's perhaps they can find the ads that ran for months with SS balls of the Black Sox. Yeah, I know that can't be found, but the ads are in SCD and somewhere in hobbyland they exist.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-31-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:47 PM

Can you not recognize sarcasm, either, Chris?

Last edited by David Atkatz; 10-31-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:50 PM
Richard Simon

Geez, looks like that lack of seeing sarcasm (David Atkatz sarcasm) is starting to spread.
Could it have anything to do with you being such a sour person David?
And I think the least you could do is apologize for implying that I lied about the work that I did with legal authorites.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dcaletter.jpg (22.5 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg nassauletter.jpg (24.0 KB, 257 views)
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-31-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:52 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Can you not recognize sarcasm, either, Chris?
When it suits your needs, David, you claim "sarcasm." Is that some kind of defensive mechanism?
Old 10-31-2011, 09:55 PM

"Geez" is right, Richard. You and Chris tell me it's no good. (Not a single example to back you up, though.) You tell me you know the guy who made it. "Johnny F---." (No examples of his work, though. Hell. Not even a name.) Chris tells me it won't pass PSA or JSA today.

I guess I'll just have to destroy the ball to keep it from turning up again in the hobby.