NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Ron V

Default Memorabilia Display Cases

I've seen some great display cases on here,so here's my question. Where can you get nice display cases to display your memorabilia? Please feel free to share some photos too. Thank you guys.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

I have built most of my cases. Really only one is used for bulky memoriabilia. It contains a vintage glove, catchers mask and a ball. I have seen others though and find a good place for cases is thrift stores, antique auctions, antique store etc. You have to have in mind what you are looking to display and the size of the item(s). Once you do you have to visualize different display units to see if they can be repurposed. There are some beautiful cabinets, cases, and racks that can be used.

If you are looking for something a bit more utilitarian I would suggest going into a local store that might have a big turnover of specialty items sponsored by bigger companies.

My example is there is a semi local chain of smaller sporting good stores in the southeast called Hibbitts sporting goods. I know the store manager of one across the street from my work. He called me last year and told me he had a display case he needed to throw away and wanted to know if I wanted it. I just had to come pick it up myself. Fossil had sponsored a display in all the stores to sell thier watches and wallets. Once they were done with thier promotion the managers were ordered to throw the case in the dumpster. Voila! A nice, glass ( and free) display case.

The main point is to be on the lookout and think outside the box and you never know what might turn up.

Drew

Pictured is two displays I made. I one described above and the other my Sandy Koufax display. Enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (75.7 KB, 301 views)

Last edited by almostdone; 03-10-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Ron V

Thanks Drew for sharing. I am going to take your advice and start looking around at antique shops, auctions etc. Great display cases. Love the Sandy Koufax case.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:41 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Ron,
Near you there is a Cottage Crafters on rt 248. This place is great for this type of stuff. I have bought a couple of curios and displays from the one close to me.
Best,
Mark

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 03-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Depending on your location, in most larger cities there are businesses that sell used store fixtures. The one in my area has literally hundreds of showcases for sale along with a ton of different display stands, hooks, etc. sometimes they want good money for them, but they often will negotiate as most of the items they sell are bought in bulk when the businesses are closing.

I have seen others use and I have bought personally ikea in the past. Also, Craigslist can be a good option too. Good luck, Jason
Old 03-10-2014, 11:41 PM
Brandon

+1 on the Craigslist idea...also definitely garage sales. You can haggle the price down most of the time. Estate Sales, Flea Markets and Antique Shops will always have them but sometimes you have to really search to find one that you can get a bargain on.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Ron V

Thank you guys for all of the information. Much appreciated.